Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 09:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Well that it is then, I hope we hear from the others, in C.R too, they have'nt posted since and don't have journals. I can not PM them as thy have'nt posted enough yet. Same with the gal from nan.

Black Fin in Comox 1 PM

Cheers kathy
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 13:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieK
Hey on the news last night there was a pizza place in Victoria--I think it is called Villiage pizza that makes the first low carb pizza. Only 1/3 rd of the carbs of regular pizza and is susposed to be Atkins friendly. I am not going to Victoria until christmas , I might stop there on the 27th and give it a try. If anyone tries it before then could you let me know how it is. It does have a crust.
angie

I popped by one of the Villages' locations (4 or 5 of them in the Greater Victoria area) and shared a medium "Atkins" meat lovers' pizza with a non-lowcarbing friend.

$15.10 for 1 Medium "Atkins" Meat Lovers. A little on the crispy side, but pretty good flavour.

I believe they are using the Carb Wise bread flour (originally from Lakeview Bakeries in Alberta) and adapted their own pizza dough recipe from there.

2 !
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 19:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Judi thanks for the review. I'll have to get my sister to direct me to one of the pizza places. Do they let you know how many carbs there is in the pizza you order?
Thanks
angie
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 19:50

BF:

I will be there on Sunday, I am looking forward to it.
angie
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 07:58

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

I'm in Victoria and we ordered a Villages Pizza last night, ham and feta. It was really good, kind of like a thin crust regular pizza. Even my picky non LC daughter liked it and asked to have it again.

For a large pizza, each slice is 6 carbs (big slices), medium is 4.5.

Have a great day

Julie
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 08:56

BF:

Only 6 carbs per slice--maybe I will have to order a few to go and freeze them when I get home. The reviews look great. I used to eat pizza at least twice a week if not more. I have tried the deep dish pizza low-carb but I need a crust. Thank-you Julie
angie
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 00:28

Stats: 180/170/150 Female 166cm
BF:
Progress:
Default new to the low carb diet thing...

Hi all, I'm in courtenay, and was just curious about what was out there as far as support goes for those of us doing Atkins. After 1.5 weeks I have lost 10lbs, but I feel weird sometimes. Also find that I'm not hungry much. However I have begun to really crave my old enemy the cinnamon buns... I just want to say HI.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 09:16

BF:

Hi eberg0110.
The weirdness is probably from the way you eat. No high or low blood sugar, but if in doubt check with your doctor. Your body getting used to it. You will find that you will go through phases of being really hungry to having to force yourself to eat. Eat at least 3 meals a day weather you are hungry or not. Are you taking potassium. Most people are taking a 1 a day vitamin and a calcium/potassium pill (calcium/potassium one in morning and one at night). 3 of us are meeting at the black fin pub a 1pm on Sunday just to get together and meet. You are welcome to join us. The more the merrier. We were hoping to see some ladies from campbell river and nanaimo but haven't had any response yet.
Any questions just ask away
You are doing very well--just look at that cinnamon bun and think of it as your enemy--and keep talking yourself out of just one bite.
angie
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 09:56
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Welcome eberg

I am new as well to Atkins. My craving was oatmeal - but I kept saying maybe just one more day - eventually the craving left! If you can find a way to meet on Sunday it would be great.

If you are looking for the ingredient Pork Rinds (that so many recipes call for) you can find them at Overwaitea - across from the dairy isle - lower shelf below the potatoe chips ect. They are called B'con Puffs by Old Dutch - 2 bags for $5. No carb snack!! Overwaitea also carry some Atkins products like the Advantage low carb bars, syrup, muffin and pancake mix.

Also if you like eating out I have been told White Spot has LC meal choices on the menu - I havn't checked it out yet.

You are doing extreamly well - keep it up!!

Betty-Anne

Last edited by Bjuba : Fri, Nov-21-03 at 09:57.
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 07:30

Stats: 175/160/135 Female 5' 3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Comox Lunch

Hello everyone. It has been a few weeks since I have been to the board and was crossing my fingers that I didn't miss out on the lunch as I was scrolling through the messages. Is it still on? I really hope to make it but am not sure if I can get a babysitter on such short notice.

Silly question but how will I know who you all are? Will you let the waitress know. I am pretty sure I could spot Angie as she has posted her photo but just in case. Also I am coming from CR so just want to be sure... The Black Fin is in the direction of the govt wharf right. I seem to recall seeing it when I took my husband to have his wisdom teeth out.

Look forward to meeting all you LCers!!

K.
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 10:49

BF:

The black fin is by the wharf. You are in the right direction . I am so glad you are going to make it. Okay ladies how will I recongnize you. Kathy maybe make a reservation under the name Atkins? or any other ideas.
angie
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 11:09
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Making a reservation is a GOOD idea - Atkins is as good as any!

Betty-Anne
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 11:17

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 195/161/135 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi Everyone; just got on again this morning. I was sooo looking forward to meeting, but will have to pass this time. Family emergency. My step sister went into a coma early this week. I will watch for the next meeting.

Sorry
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 11:25

BF:

Twospecial: I am so sorry to hear about your sister. It must be a very long week for you. Remember to take care of yourself.
angie
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 22:59

Stats: 180/170/150 Female 166cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi Ladies I would love to meet with you! I'm kind of curious to hear what kinds of things you have been eating and how you have been able to change things up so you don't get bored. I'm almost done my induction, only 3 days left... Yaaaa I will see you there, Black Fin 1pm. Are you still going to make a reservation under Atkins? Talk to you soon, Erica