Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 17:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I'll have to go look in walmart to get a visual.
angie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 11:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hello, Bjuba, how about starting a journal ?

I know you say you are house bound with your work, but I just wanted to tell you about the "Deep water Aquasize", I think there is a class at each pool. It is the perfect exercise for anyone with Joint problems. I've been going for years, when my work schedule allows and I tell you the age and shape range is everything! There is some ladies I've seen there for ages, they have to use 2 canes, due to hip/knee problems, they get right in and do the program the best they can. Most will tell you that it is the pool that keeps them mobile.
So check the schedule, if you can slip a class in you won't regret it, everyone just goes at their own pace, there is no impact what so ever in the deep water class, it feels SOOOOO Good

A waiting list for Atkins Book??? I'd order it on line then, it is a must to do the plan right

Cheers Kathy
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 11:37
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%
Thumbs up

Thanks Kathy

I have started a journel in fitday - only two days - but have not made it public yet. Still trying to work through some issues with myself!!

Yes I did aquasize many many years ago and it was fun but my legs continually cramped up in the cool water -- with my gazelle I can ensure that I exercise everyday no matter what. I have great difficulty sticking to a schedule as the youth who live in my home are unpredictable and often do not attend school -- but need to be supervised 24/7 as they are often a danger to themselves and often to others. Thats the kicker - not many people want to 'youth sit' with the youth I work with.

When I retire I will try aquasize again or maybe curves -- retirement is not too far off probably July 04.

I was going to try Coles today - if they did not have it - I will order on line.

Do you happen to know what % fat/protien one should have in their diet

Betty-Anne
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 19:49

BF:

Boy, I hear yeah about not being able to get out like that, good for you for taking these kids on!

AS for the fat % you'll hear lots of different opinions and to be truefull, I never paid attention to it, as I really had a hard time in the begining, as I really could'nt get past the high fat, however, I must say I get most of my fats from butter, olive oil, avocado's, and I'm pretty picky about the fat is meats.

Hope you get the book, Cheers Kathy
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 12:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy54
Xmas baking, yep I have to start playing with some short bread, I'll make the normal stuff, but I'd like a small batch for myself, Soy ??? We'll see, only thing is butter is not cheap to play around with!
...Kathy

Hey there, Kathy. I haven't tried these yet, but they look really promising, and the sources are great:

LC Hazelnut Shortbread 1
http://www.carb-lite.au.com/61BAKER...shortbread.html
LC Hazelnut Shortbread 2
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4n46b/...desserts.htm#k4

Enjoy.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:33

BF:

OMG, that site is fabulous!!

Thank you, I have hot listed it

Boy, I have a hard time keeping my guys out of my sugar free stuff, I'd have to hide and mark tofu burgers!

Thanks Kathy
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 23:34

Stats: 205/178/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:don't know
Progress: 49%

Wow...if you guys are seriously thinking of a get together, count me in! I'm new here, but have been reading the forums since I started following Atkins on Oct 1...finally got myself registered as I had some questions that were bugging me *thanks to everyone who replied*
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 00:31

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 195/161/135 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Wow Vancouver Island

As you can see, I am jumping with joy at finding so many LC's so close to home. I am pretty new this week, just completing day 4 of induction. Its going great so far. I am in Campbell River, and just love it here on the island too. This is such a fun way to lose weight. Thanks Kathy for telling me to look here

Cherie
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 11:26

BF:

It seems we have enough people who want to meet--that is so great. Now we just have to pick a spot and a date. I am usually free on weekends and can travell and drive up to 3 other people if needed.
Betty-Anne since you are house bound is there anyway you could get a couple of hours away to come with us. If needed we could meet in Courtenay at a Restaurant there. It wouild be nice just to get together and have a meal without our friends or family's staring at us in wonder saying "can you really eat that " or "you can eat that but not have a potato or a bread stick?"
Talk to ya all later
angie
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 11:30

BF:

Kathy
Have you tried the shortbreads yet--waiting for a review.

Betty-Anne are you still waiting for that book? I could lend you mine plus I have the book with recipes that I could lend you as well. I don't cook much. Saw what the gazelle looks like it's different but alot of of great reviews.
angie

Last edited by angieK : Tue, Nov-11-03 at 11:35.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 12:11

BF:

Well lets start tossing some ideas in, how about some where central like in Qualicum or Parksville?? Or is there more from upper island ? Do we want it in Courtenay? A lunch date?
For me it looks like it would have to be a sunday, as I can never count on days off. AS well I may be going for knee surgery on Dec 1 .

Just to start it going, other ideas welcome, cheers Kathy
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 12:25
Contributing Member

Thumbs up

Meeting in Courtenay would be half way between Campbell River and Nanaimo -- if it was agreeable to everyone it would be great for me. Mattering on what is happening I have to hire a youth sitter and if I can find one they don't come cheap. Sometimes I can get DH to close the office and sit for me.

Yes still waiting for the book - recipes would be helpful - I have got a lot from the net but I am trying to stay within 20 carbs. Not many with variety. Variety is the spice of life for me!

Going out to eat would be great - have not been out since starting the WOE - and it would be nice to people who are traveling down this road with me.

Day and time best for me would be either lunch 12:00 or dinner 6:00 PM - Tuesday - Thursday (Fridays and Mondays are awfull in this house!). But I can make arrangements for other times and days if needed -

The Gazelle is great for me - no joint pain - I can do the advanced level (30 mins, includes 4 excellerated times of 1 min) now plus 15 min of fast walking to cool down. Lost 22 inches as of yesterday! It seems to combined weight and anaerobics all in one. I am kind of shy and that combined with all the other things in my life make exercising at home the best for me.

Being weighed and measured in front of people brings back memories of WW and grade 6 when the teacher made me get up in front of everyone and get weighed - I was 135 lbs & 5' 5" tall- I was devastated!! the largest in the class. That and the comments from my 90 lb mother (who could eat anything and not gain a lb. until after Menop.) comparing me to my 5'2" 250 lb grandmother - when I was 160 lbs and 5' 7.5" I seen myself as hudgely obese! --- 160 lbs. is now my goal weight!

Does anyone know where you can buy pork rinds?

Is there a software package that you can put recipe ingrediants into and get a carb / fat / protein - & nutrient count?

See you all later - have a great LCing day.

Betty-Anne
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 12:45

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 195/161/135 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Courtenay sounds great, I can go anyday as long as it is early. Weekends are more flexible. I have to be home for my kids on weekdays by 2:30. They are old enough to be on their own, but have alot of after school activities. Just post a time and place and I will do my best to be there. I am so very excited. This morning I am down 8 lbs from my start weight. This is the first time in 5 years I have lost and not gained. WoooHooo.

Cherie - Have a great day

? what is a whoosh
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 13:29

BF:

It's looking like maybe Sunday would be best, Either lunch or Supper in Courtenay.????
angie
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 13:34
Contributing Member

Sunday would be fine - lunch would be better - but supper is OK too.

A whoosh is when the whoosh fairy comes and lbs of fat melt (whoosh) away quickly - I beseech her every night to make a visit!!!

Betty-Anne

Last edited by Bjuba : Tue, Nov-11-03 at 13:39.