Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 02:54
Rasputin

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Morning Anne!

I think I am still on target to be there as well. Still not prepared to say so definitely "just in case"!

There was a special on one of the BBC channels last week re: Atkins. Supposedly, Benjys is trying to cater to the LC needs. Would be interesting see if they do (there is not a Benjys right near my work so I can't try it out before hand!)

Hope you are well and this Monday treats you in a fine fashion!

V.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 04:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 171.8/161/137 Female 5.1
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking getting together

i would most definatly love to come and meet everyone! i have only been doing atkins diet for 4 days , and would love to talk to others in the same position as myself..see you all there....... kadjax..
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 08:25

Plan: dr clarks
Stats: 210/183/168 Female 5 ft 10inches
BF:43%
Progress: 64%

anne
I am trying so hard to be with you guys on this special day! my friend can't make it, my hubby has a very important cup game, its just the kids!! If they can go with dad to football then I may venture up on my own! never ever done a train journey alone b4 so I will have topluck up the courage, unless anyone is driving through my way on route...hint hint!!! I would share the petrol
I have to get back to work now, but I am seriously considering it,
thanks twig xx
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 14:48

woooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo I am deffo coming up to london!!!! yippeeeeeeeee!!

so I will see you all there..............can't wait to meet you all, and Anne, thanks I will bring the b4 and after photo's...just hope I don't get mugged on the way (don't want anyone else to see them) xx
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 07:04

Plan: Atkins & M/E
Stats: 225/216/140 Female 65
BF:31%/26%/25%
Progress: 11%

Hi LittleAnne and everyone! Unfortunately cannot make it for the 6th as I'm returning from Spain on that day after my week's holiday. Hope everyone has fun and I look forward to seeing the pictures posted afterwards!!!
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 02:08

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Well just one week to go till our London meeting. I happened to notice that in the Sweet Factory shop in Victoria Plaza, just by the escalators up to the Food Court, they are advertising sugar free sweets. There are quite a range, but did not stop to inspect them to make sure they are really low carb. Might be worth checking out though.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 10:31

Hi Everyone!!
this time next week I'd have hopefully met some buddies!!! can't wait...so excited, its really come around quick too
look forward to it
twigs xx
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 02:14

Thumbs up Saturday is nearly here

Well our get together is this Saturday and I hope to see as many of you as I can at Victoria Place.

For those of you who are not sure where Victoria Place is, here are the directions.

Enter Victoria Main Line Railway station and head towards platform 14. Go up the escalators and you will see Dorothy Perkins on the right. Continue walking, keeping to the right till you get to Boots. Then look left and see the escalators up to the food court.

I suggest we congregate at the tables around to the right of the escalator from 12 30 onwards. My train is due to arrive at 12 15. Then we can decide where we are going to eat and aim to do that at 1 pm. Does anyone have difficulty with that.

I've got free Splenda tablets for you all!!!!

I'll bring my Atkins book so that you can see who we are, just incase you do not recognise me or anyone else.
Remember your camera and also any before and after photos you would like to bring.

In Victoria Place there are a number of useful shops including Holland & Barrett, Sweet Factory with sugar free sweets, Boots. In the station itself is a Thornton's sweet cart which does do the diabetic chocolate, but this is slightly more expensive - must be a franchise.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone, especially if you did not come in October. I'll look here early Saturday morning for any late messages, but will be coming straight from my aquafit class.

Last edited by LittleAnne : Thu, Dec-04-03 at 01:47.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 05:58

Stats: 230/161.2/146 Female 5ft 6in
BF:yep, sure have !!
Progress: 82%

Hi All

Well looking forward to catching up with you all on Sat. Havent sorted out train times yet, as i will wait to see if Lindy is still coming, and wants to meet up at Euston. If not, I will travel into St Pancras, which ever, its no prob cos it both are direct on the Victoria line. I will ensure I get there as close to 12.30 as poss, as im gonna have to leave quite early, as im going out for a meal in Npton at 7.30 that night, and it takes me quite a long time to get the old 'slap' on, and look presentable ha ha

See you Sat

Lisa x
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 12:24
Registered Member

Stats: 230/209/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

wil definately be there on saturday.i am meeting my bf in hatton garden at 4.30,so i'll have most of the afternoon with you all.looking forward to it,
dolli
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 02:12

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow Dolli. Are you coming down to London for the weekend? Great that you want to come.

PS - Who should read the earlier bits of this thread first!!!! So now I know you are doing a surprise to see your best friend. Was initially a bit confused as though bf stood for boy friend and that did not tie up with your first post in your journal! Oh, the power of words.

Last edited by LittleAnne : Fri, Dec-05-03 at 02:16.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 02:19

Thumbs up Update on known attendees

This is who I think will be at our meeting tomorrow:

Little Anne - Anne
Nitwit - Lindy
LissaUK - Lisa
Sylvia UK - Sylvia
Tortie - Vanessa
Deeanna
Dolli
Rasputin
Twiglet
Kadjax

Expect there may be one or two more who turn up on the off chance. Can we make it 10 of us or even more?
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 09:49

Stats: 230/161.2/146 Female 5ft 6in
BF:yep, sure have !!
Progress: 82%

Im really really sorry but Im am going to have to duck out of tomorrow. Was really looking forward to meeting up with you, but just have had a phone call from my ex who is now unable to look after our daughter tomorrow due to unforseen work commitments. Suffice to say im not happy about the situation, but thats another story.......

I hope you all have a great time, and I promise I will be there at the next one.

Sorry

Lisa x
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 13:12

Plan: Generic Low Carb
Stats: 148/131/126 Female 5 ft 6"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I'll be there, and I'll aim to be there on time, subject to the tube behaving itself
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 15:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/142/140 Female 5.7 inches
BF:
Progress: 98%
Default bf

I read Dolli's bf as boyfriend and put Hatton Garden together to make 5 - boyfriend+jewellry stores=engagement. Now I'll have to rethink as it is best friend.

See you all tomorrow