Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 06:22
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Plan: LC Paleo/IF
Stats: 185/161/142 Female 66 inches (5'6")
BF:All over
Progress: 56%

Good Morning everyone!

My 3 day of this WOE and loving it!

Hi Stephanie and Tess...I still feel like it's too good to be true..but like Tess mentioned it is TRUE.

After I had my treats yesterday I wondered if it was ok. I can picture that little voice inside my head going I kind of felt guilty asking DH to bring back the very sweets I avoided like the plague for so long.

But, I really believe in this WOE and I know it will work for me. This time I know this is the one. I wouldn't want it any other way.

The other day for my RM I was asking my DH to ask my in-laws if they had bought bananas. I must buy some soon. For a while I had been adding the oil flavorings..banana..maple..egg nog to my cooking. Now that banana sundae has my name written all over it!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 08:54

Plan: atkins/now cad
Stats: 179/154/155 Female 70"
BF:
Progress: 104%

Hi Divina,
I am pretty new to this also (just started a week or so ago). I just wanted to give you a heads up that you might gain a few lbs at the start. At least I sure did I went from 153 to 162 in one lousy week, however, I happy to report as of an hour ago I am back down to 157. Now, I realized that I had a bunch of high sodium foods plus tom and this I am sure was the culprit, but do not stress too much if you see the scale go up. I also came from atkins and it seems that it takes your body a bit of time to adjust, or least it did for me. You might be lucky and just keep going down, if not no big deal, it will. I am really enjoying this woe and I am sure you will too. Have fun,
Pam
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 09:58
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Hi Pam...thanks for the for warning lol

I'll be mentally prepared if I do gain this week. So far I have stayed at the same weight. It's weird because during the week I would often lose weight then by the end of the week the scale would go up again. I tend to retain a lot of water. I'm actually amazed I didn't gain after the treats I allowed myself yesterday and the day before for RM. I find I'm no longer fixated on food too...no more than just planning what I'm going to make for lunch or dinner but, that's it. On my previous plan I spent half my time surfing for lc recipes since I was constantly eating (due to insulin spikes). I'am thankful I didn't gain any weight with the huge amounts I ate. I learned a lot about what I can get away with and what I cannot. So everything has been a very good lesson in my life. Now with CAD/CALP my struggle is over. It's time to reap the rewards!

Congratulations on your weight loss...way to go!!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 14:31

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

You all sound so happy and contend on CAD and the good news is the feeling doesn't go away. It's not a fast loss program, but it's so satisfying to eat like a normal person that (for the most part) the slower loss is something we can live with. I tend to forget that from time to time, but as I said....for the most part.

This WOE has been a blessing in my life and taken away the insanity that I have lived with for over 40 years.

Best of luck to you all,
Deb
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 18:13
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Thanks Deb,

I don't mind a slow weight loss either as long as I can live a close to "normal" life together with my family. I'm happy I can have the same foods everyone else is having.

Wish I had found this WOE sooner!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 04:46
Registered Member

Plan: induction
Stats: 239/190/165 Male 5,7
BF:huh/what/where
Progress: 66%
Thumbs up hello

hello D99 just wanted to say what wonderful job your doing.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 07:33
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

OMG!! I can't believe this first post I made resurfaced!!LoL

Thank you rchap!
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 10:05

Plan: Atkins/Cigarettes/Coffee
Stats: 146/135/120 Female 5f 4
BF:Oink,Oin,O
Progress: 42%

Ok now Im thinking on switching diets,lord I can actually eat a real meal once a day on cad??And whats CALP? Is there a place online I can get most of the info on this CAD diet my hubby wont allow me to buy another diet book lol... Im getting a little excited!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 10:34

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Monica,

Gee, I wish you could read the book. Is there anyway you could check it out at your local library, or get one from a used book store? It really has so much info in it that you need to know.

CALP, Carbohydrates Addicts Life Span Program. It is very similar to CAD, but it puts a litte more emphasis on balancing. It is a good book to read also.

I don't know of anywhere on line that it explains this diet, because I guess they want you to buy the book. If you are going to start this diet without reading the book, just be careful. It is not exactly like doing Atkins. You are not allowed to eat anymore than 4 times per day. you have 2 CM's which stand for Complimentary Meals, which is very Low Carb. Another words, make it some kind of protein, like eggs, beef, chicken, fish etc and than have a salad. You don't have to eat a salad for breakfast, but you can include CM friendly veggies, if you want. This is why it is important to read the book. It has a full list of CM friendly veggies that you can eat. Once a day you are allowed to have a Reward Meal. You are suppose to start off your RM with a salad, and than the rest of the meal should be split into 1/3's. 1/3 protein, 1/3 CM veggies and 1/3 carb. The carb is your choice. You are not limited on quanities, but shoud keep it in 3rds. If you want more carbs, you need to eat more protein and veggies with it.

A word of caution. Do not make your RM a big carb feast. This diet was not intended for that. The purpose of this diet is to get your body into balance and if you follow the guidelines it will do that.

Why don't you go into my journal and read it and than go and look at some of the other journals. It really does help. There are a lot of us on CAD who bounce around from one journal to another. You can ask any questions that you want. Set yourself up a journal too. More people respond to journals than they do in here.

Good luck and if you have any questions, just ask them. We will all try to help you out, but get that journal going and than go visit some of the other journals.

Good Luck. CAD is a very livable program and I think you will really like it once you get use to it.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 11:33

Plan: Atkins/Cigarettes/Coffee
Stats: 146/135/120 Female 5f 4
BF:Oink,Oin,O
Progress: 42%

OOOh I called the library and they have it thanks and Ill still read your journal
  #26   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 12:45

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Oh Great. Glad you could find it. There are a lot of people on here that have done so good, and you might want to go and visit there journals, also. You will see some of them when you come and visit my journal. Just look at the bottom of their posts and click onto the journal. Just introuduce yourself and I am sure most of them will respond unless they are gone.

Good Luck.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 13:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/180/160 Female 5' 4''
BF:Next Mini Goal:175
Progress: 29%
Wink Go figure!!!

LOL. Divina....I thought the same thing.