Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 12:01
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/193/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default life happens!

Hi Shadow....
Sorry for not posting for a few days.... Life happens!
I have a young lad in Hockey and I have spent the last few days running back and forth to the rink with him. We Canadians love our hockey!!! and my boy is no exception. He had tryouts.

Back to LC....
Still holding at 192~
But still following the program. Now I am wondering if it might take the month!!!
Didn't really get to the journaling like I had hoped. Got to run right now but tomorrow will be better for that. Try to fill in a few days tomorrow! Talk soon
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 13:06

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Bess: So glad to hear from you ! I was going to raise an alarm yesterday but got too busy here at work. I've been wondering how you were - glad you're just busy right now .

Personally, after looking at your journal, I think if you up your low-carb veggies and water intake, you'll kickstart the weightloss. Sorry if you're already getting your water and I just missed it . Also, are you taking a multi-vitamin? Once you get a couple more days in your journal, I'll pop back in and see if I can spot anything. Remember to get at least your minimum protein, get those low-carb veggies in, drink that water and take your vitamin .

You'll see results soon, I am sure of it ! Hang in there!!!!
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 12:18
Registered Member

BF:

Shadow...
Glad you posted. I just update my journalizing. It does make you think twice about what you eat knowing you are posting it!!!

I have been taking a multivitamine everyday and just forgot to write it in!

What about you? Do you journalize? Sometimes it might be helpful to see how someone else eats on a daily basis. I was just going to go looking thru them but I thought I might get someone who refeeds and that wouldn't do me any good.
Plus since you have reached your goals..... success may breed success!!!

Talk soon
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 14:30

BF:

Hi Bess! No, I don't journal. Well, I do at home - just not here . Afraid my journal would be very boring - I tend to stick to the same old stuff day after day, week after week. It's easier to figure out that way ! Actually I will soon have to come up new things to have since we're heading into winter so it's time for new and different things than I've been having all summer.

How about if I send you some "success" waves? When I decide to enter Transition, I may start a journal here - you never know !

If LadyBelle has a journal, you may want to check into hers. She's now up to 50 carbs/day, I think, but I'm sure you can understand it. I don't think from posts I've read of hers that she would be refeeding - I'm pretty sure she sticks to plan. You're probably familiar with her name - she posts alot in the general forum and is always encouraging and supporting people there.

Have a wonderful evening, Bess! I'll pop over to your journal now .
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 10:46
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Shadow...
I'll pop over to ladybelle's journal. I think it will help!
I am like you I tend to eat the same things too much and that is another reason to see some elses journal.... they may have food ideas that will keep me from getting into the "boring" food zone!
talk soon
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:13
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Shadow...
just got back from Ladybelle's journal...
I am surprised at how many meals she eats a day! She also takes one day a week off.... is that because she is on Atkins?
Do you eat that many meals a day?
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:37

BF:

Hmm - I've never looked at her journal. I am assuming she is eating mini-meals. I stick to 3 meals a day - snacking has always been my downfall. I will pop over and find her journal and then maybe I can shed some light . I didn't know she took an "off" day, but it could because she is heading into maintenance. Will be back in a little while .
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:42

BF:

Bess - Looks like she is doing Body For Life which is kind of it's own thing. I am sure though that she'll answer your questions for you . She is eating more I'm sure because some are mini-meals and Body For Life is a very demanding fitness program. Afraid I can't be of much more help, but she seems such a nice and sharing person, I'm sure she'll answer whatever you may ask . Now I'm curious myself !

Hang in there Bess !
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 13:54

BF:

Bess - Here's one more reference for you (I mentioned two other journals on your journal page for you to look at). This is from the Protein Power website forum and might be easiest of all for you to follow. The way it's done there, they do "daily" threads where everyone puts their menu (those in Bootcamp, anyway). This way, you'll get the variety of several people all on one page and might be less confusing than the individual journaling here. Anyway, here is today's check-in from there:
http://bbs.eatprotein.com/cgi-bin/u...ic;f=9;t=006820

That might be a lot less confusing than even Rosebud's or DoreenT's journals - although I think those would be marvelous to look at when you have spare time !

Okay, now I'll leave you alone for the day - hopefully I haven't overwhelmed you here today !

Have a wonderful evening, Bess!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 11:42
Registered Member

BF:

Shadow...
Thanks for the links... I've added it to my favourites.
May not be on for a few days and wanted to let you know....
Not feeling well and may have to change meds. That usually screws up the PP program for me. Let you know what I am doing on Wed.
Thanks for the help.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:25

BF:

Bess - I am sorry you're not doing well ! Thank you for letting me know - I was getting worried about you. I hope this all goes well for you - I'll be thinking of you ! Please do let me know how you're doing when you can!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 10:15
Registered Member

BF:

Shadow...
Thought I would stop in and let you know what's Up!!!
Not great news about my health. I'm on prednisone (steriods)! Screws up the diet hughly but you will never guess what the scales say....
I'm down to 190!
It is definitely from being sick. Probably water weight. Everything is going right thru me right now but I am trying to at least eat LC when I do eat.
Yesterday was a write off! Check my journal and you will see why!

The drugs are helping some but not totally yet. I have to be on them for a month and the worse part is they cause weight gain as a side effect. That is actually how I ended up at 220 to begin with .... Several years of steriod use and not enough breaks in between. The steriods screw up your metabolism and everything you eat tends to be turned into fat.Then on top of that it eats away your muscles. Exact opposite kind of steriod than what the athletes take to add muscle. Because you lose muscle on these steriods over time you end up decreasing your metabolism even more. It is a terrible cycle. Only way to stop it is to get off the drugs!!!!!
I think the Atkins book even says the diet doesn't work if you are on steriods.

But this is my plan......

Eat PP LC during this period and maybe try to cut the fat some too. Then hope for a low weight gain and maybe if I am lucky just maintain my weight and go hard after I am off the drugs! That's the best I can hope for.
I hope I can still post with you about how it is going. I really enjoy seeing your posts when I check in!
Talk soon.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 10:20
Registered Member

BF:

Shadow...
Just had a stupid question that I thought you might be able to answer....

On the side of the screen where the personal information is I noticed I used to have eggs showing and now I have a chicken leg....you have 4 chicken legs ....
Ladybelle has a lobster....What do these mean?

I know it is dumb question but it is something I just haven't seen anything about on here and I can't figure it out.

Now stop laughing at me and answer my dumb question.....LOL!
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 11:05
Registered Member

BF:

Shadow ...
Thanks for the other peoples journals you mentioned... I haven't gotten there yet but I will ...tomorrow....I need to get off now....It has been over an hour and I should do some housework today!!!
Ttyl
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 12:33

BF:

Bess - I just so enjoy you ! I would be horrified if you stopped letting me know how you were doing - so please DO keep in touch!

The eggs, chicken legs, lobsters, etc are determined by how many times you've posted. Somewhere there is a thread (maybe in the Newbie section?) that tells how it's determined - like the difference between one chicken leg and two - but I've never concerned myself with it to even notice. I normally don't even look at them unless a buffalo happens to catch my eye - those are major posters !

Those journals will take some time to look at - but they'll always be there when you have time. Sometimes I glance thru them but only in small increments - cause otherwise I'm easily confused !

Your plan sounds like a good one to me! Have you visited the medical form to see if there is any advice there for you on either the Crohn's or the steroid usage? That may be a better stop for you right now than the journals.

I am really so very sorry you're having all these challenges!!! Hang in there and try to not lose hope over any of this! And please, please do keep me posted on how you're doing! I'll worry myself sick, otherwise! Take care, Bess!