Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 07:26
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I understand what you're saying about not wanting to document everything and I'm pretty lax about fitday myself. BUT it is sometimes helpful when you're first starting, I've been suprised at the amount of carbs/calories I was eating when I finally plugged them in.

I'll take a Clint Eastwood and a Marlon Brando, circa 1965 as well.

Catch you on the singles thread! (I'm everywhere, I'm everywhere)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 11:04

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 338/334/175 Female 5' 9.5"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I was nuts about Sam Neill for quite a while, too. He was at his peak in the "Reilly: Ace of Spies" series. Snort drool slurp!!

Antonio Banderas ain't too shabby, either. And I confess to a blip on the screen concerning Julian McMahon, the guy who played Cole on "Charmed." In his case, though, it wasn't the actor himself who did it for me, it was the character. Talk about a REALLY bad boy, tamed by love! The eternal female fantasy. Ah, yes...

The problem is, these days the "stars" all seem to be skinny little teenage boys with their hair sticking out at all angles and tattoos on their necks. They gotta at least have some chest hair to turn my crank!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 15:14
empress of fashion

BF:

I guess I have strange tastes - Tommy Lee Jones, for example.

My adolescent fantasies were filled with images of Captain Kirk. (aye! aye!)
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 16:51

BF:

Oh no, not strange at all -- Mr. Jones is mucho macho indeed! Plus he has a wonderful sense of humor. Talk about an irresistible combination!

I, too, had it bad for Kirk in my youth (we must be about the same age, Iowagirl). He hasn't aged well, I'm afraid, but "babyfaced" men usually don't, alas. Ditto Albert Finney, Marlon Brando and Orson Welles, all of whom were drop-dead gorgeous in their youth. (Too bad low-carbing wasn't known so well back then!)

I was also nuts for Frank Langella, and thought he'd just get better with age, but he's lost something. Ah well, 'tis beauty's brevity makes it precious.

Gina

Last edited by StarStuff : Sat, Aug-09-03 at 16:53.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 17:03

Stats: 249/229/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile

INTERESTING THREAD!!!

i'd take Sean Connery, circa ANYTHING to be my carb-keeper, backed up by Mel Gibson and Kevin Spacey. Yes, i know Mr. Spacey isn't handsome in the strictest sense but WOW -- does he ever have SEX APPEAL!! The same goes for Rod Stewart and Yanni!! (of course Yanni IS handsome, or at least i think so)

Oh, and add Denzel Washington, Vin Diesel, Andrew Dan-Jumbo (from While You Were Out) and Ty Pennington (Trading Spaces) and, yes, Tommy Lee Jones, Will Smith, Harrison Ford, Pierce Brosnan.... okay okay, i'll stop now. Whew!! Is it warm in here??

Hope you are having a great weekend!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 17:18

BF:

We forgot Laurence Fishburne! That voice alone is enough to send delicious shivers up a lady's spine!

It IS hot in here...
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 18:46
empress of fashion

BF:

I vote for Kevin Spacey. He IS sexy. Pierce Brosnan isn't bad...and who is that guy Rollins? The one that sang, "I'm a Loser, Baby?" ("so why don't you kill me....")
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 19:08

BF:

I don't think I could get excited about anybody whose message is, "I'm a loser, kill me."

I'm a jazz fan, myself.
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 20:22
empress of fashion

BF:

Have you heard the song? It's meant satirically, I'm sure. One of those that is so dumb it's funny. Henry Rollins! That's his name. He's hot.
Jazz is good. Did you know I live in the hometown of Bix Biederbecke?
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 22:06

BF:

Biederbecke's hometown, really? Neat.

I never heard the song, never heard of Rollins. I'm not "up" on most of the newer stuff that's out there. I love the "oldies" from the 60s and 70s, and then there's jazz. Also celtic and bluegrass, and most folk. And classical (but not opera). Don't like country, can't stand rap. But there are always exceptions. I did love the "Men in Black" rap that Will Smith did. It's got a great beat to work out to!

I really do have to pull together a good collection of work out music and burn a CD or two, come to think of it. I think I'll make that one of my goals for the coming week.

I really like the mini-goals that some of the forum participants set for themselves. It's a great idea! I think I'll do that myself. That will be a second goal for the coming week.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 06:38
empress of fashion

BF:

Actually that Rollins song has been around awhile and so has he, I believe. I think he used to sing for Black Flag as well.

Definately like the older music..can't stand country. I like classical but I'm not very knowledgable about it. Amadeus was one of my favorite movies, does that count?
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 09:53

BF:

I'm not that knowledgeable about classical, either, but so what? I like it, it's soothing and I find it really stimulates my creativity.

I love the big bands, like Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman, as well as Ellington, Basie, the Dorsey band, etc. My favorite old-time jazz singers are Ella Fitzgerald and Mel Torme. My favorite newer jazz artist is Diana Krall. I own all of her CDs and just got the DVD of her Paris concert. AWEsome!!! What that woman can do with a torch song is supernatural!

Gina