Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 08:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/140/130 Female 67"
BF:not/a/ clue
Progress:
Default someresizers

Hi y'all. I'm Rachel. I've been somersizing for quite a while now. I started Mother's Day 2000 when my first child was about 7 months old. I did pretty well until about half way through my second pregnancy and have been slipping and sliding and struggling ever since. About 2 week ago I relized that I had gained close to 30 pounds back-devestating, especially since I gave away all my "fat" clothes. I really have nothing to wear and can't and don't want to spend the $$ to go out and buy new ones that I won't wear after the weight is gone. Anyway, I recommitted and have done great. The only "cheat" Ive had is 7 kernels of popcorn (you know the crunchy ones that don't pop-I love those).Today is Friday and I weigh in at the gym today. Wish me luck. If I haven't lost SOMETHING I might pass out on the spot. I this WOE is right for me because I've been successful in the past. Anyway that's about all for me. Thanks for starting this thread. I feel like my lifeline has been cut since Suzanne's board is down right now.
Also, I was wondering if anyone has any legal hearty soup recipes. Let me know.
I love what Tygris quoted "if you're going through hell keep going". I heard a similar thing said in a song by Ron Kenoly, "If you catch hell, don't hold it. If you're going through hell, don't stop."

Thanks again everyone and God bless.

Jer. 29:11
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 19:56

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 138/134/120 Female 5feet 1/2 in
BF:
Progress:
Default New to SS forum

Hi,
I started SS about 3 weeks ago and have lost about 4 pounds. On my birthday I had some cake which led to another day of sweets but I'm back on track. The problem I have with the diet is I don't know what to eat for snacks. I have been mixing cream cheese and ricotta with splenda and cinnamon for a dessert. Want to know if anyone has any good ideas for some desserts or snacks? Potlib
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 04:18

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 188/188/168 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi everyone!
I am an American living in the Netherlands. Weight Watchers just doesn't work for me anymore. So I decided to try Somersizing. I had read her 2 of her books before moving over here and it all makes sense. Sadly her book I ordered Fast n Easy is missing in the mail for the past 4 months so I am depending on my memory and any info I can find online. I did find an English version of Montigue Method and being that it is similar to Suzanne's I am using him kind of like a guide.
I started yesterday and I think I did rather well but not great.
Breakfast:
Fruit Juice (wait 20 min)
FF berry yogurt with All Bran Cereal, plain tea
Lunch:
Whole Wheat Bread
Cream Cheese, tomato, cucumber, lettus, diet cola
Snacked on some crackers in the late afternoon so that was not a wise choice
Dinner:
Peper Steak
Asperagus with cheese and 1 slice of lean ham, herbal tea
Desert:
3 cheese sticks
This morning I had Fruit juice (waited 20 min) 2 slices of Whole wheat toast with sugar free strawberry jam, herbal tea
when I drink tea its without sugar or other sweetner and if I drink cola its caffeine free diet.
Any advice or tips is greatly appreciated!
I hope all is well with everyone- I read through some of the threads and everyone has done so well on the program!
Take Care!
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 07:45
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 207/192/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Ss

Good to see all of the ss posts here, was beginning to think we were a rare breed! Congratulations on all the success you have had. I began ss on July 15th 2004 and am slowly (7#) beginning to believe that "THIS" may be what I have been looking for also. For over 10 years I was a strict no-fat believer and so I am having a hard time with cream, bacon, sausage, etc., but am working on it - I am following the program but not adding a lot of EXTRA fat.
Remember, the SS boards are being cleared in September so if you want the recipes, start dowloading/printing now.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 07:50
Registered Member

BF:

If you aren't familiar with it, check out:suzannesomers.com . Lots of ino to help you on your way. Good Luck
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 07:51
Registered Member

BF:

Knuffels, was the cream cheese nonfat? Can't have fat with carb....
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 16:01

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 138/134/120 Female 5feet 1/2 in
BF:
Progress:
Default Ss

Hi Waterwoman,

I have been on SS since March and have lost 10 lbs. I've had some set backs but seem to be able to return to program a lot faster than others I've tried. You mentioned downloading recipes before they are erased. Would you be able to let me know where I can get those recipes? I am always looking for some new ideas and find that SS recipes are hard to find. I would appreciate a response. Thanks. Potlib
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 12:32
Registered Member

BF:

Boy, I loved that goal of fitting into your wedding ring! I had mine resized a couple of years ago and it still doesn't fit. Hoping to wear it comfortably by Christmas. Thanks to you and the other posts for inspiration!
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 12:37
Registered Member

BF:

On the suzannesomers.com site, look under recipes and also;

The website for the recipes is:

www.mylegalprotection.com/somersize

it is a collection of about 500 recipes and I downloaded it into my Word program so I can print one out whenever I need to.
Enjoy!

Last edited by waterwoman : Wed, Aug-11-04 at 12:39. Reason: Addition to Text
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 12:15

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 211.5/207/165 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress:
Wink

Waterwoman,

Thanks so much for posting the site to download the recipes. It's great. I used to copy them or take a picture and paste into Word, which took forever.

Anyway, I'm Susan from Tampa and originally was Somerisizing two years ago. I have found it the easiest way for me to lose weight. And I've tried 'em all. lol I lost 45 pounds between May-December, then decided to have just 1 candy kiss at a Xmas party. Well, it took me a year but I gained most of it back. I think I've finally got my act together and started again 3 weeks ago. 3 weeks seems to be a cut-off point for me. Once I get there, I'm sure I'll stay on it. If it's only a week or so, I think oh, what the heck, I'll have that piece of candy.

I started at 211.5 and was 207 this morning. I'd like to get to 165. I figure if I can lose a pound a week for a year, that'll be 50. I have to realize that if I do cheat, I must get right back on the next day. No futzing around or I will sabotage myself again.

I'm so glad to have found this site. I used to go to the SS chat room, but it seemed so clicky I felt I was back in HS again.

I've got Somersweet, but prefer Splenda. I've tried her ice cream mixes twice and ended up sending them back both times. I thought they were awful. Her salad dressing mixes are great, but I usually make my own, so haven't bought in a long time. Her catsup is fabulous. I thought the barbeque sauce was awful and ended up throwing it out. Recipes for most things are in her books.

Here are two sauces that are great: For each chicken breast: 3 or 4 sliced mushrooms, 1/2 c sour cream, 2 tblsp. dry white wine, 1/4 teasp. chives, salt and pepper. Cook breast(s) in combo olive oil/butter on both sides, finish off in 325 oven. Saute sliced mushroom in same pan, mix the sour cream/wine/chives/salt/pepper and add to mushrooms. Cook gently. Either pour the sauce over the chicken for the last 5 minutes or so in the oven, or just pour it over the chicken when done.

For porkchops: 2 tblsp. heavy ceam, 2 tblsp. dry white wine, 1/2 teaspoon or more to taste of a good mustard. Cook the chop in a mixture of olive oil/butter, when done, deglaze pan with the wine, add the cream and mustard. It's really good. And easy.

I've tried the cheesecake in the book, but found a better one. If anyone wants, let me know. This is my first time posting, so have no idea if I'm even supposed to give recipes here.

If I have grape nuts or shredded wheat (also allowed), I use soy milk. Doesn't seem to keep me from losing. I had avocado in a salad last week when I was out to lunch, didn't affect losing either.

Oops, this is getting really long. Better go. Happy to be here.
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 12:29

BF:
Progress:

Knuffles,

Try going to the chat room at http://www.suzannesomers.com. Even tho as I mentioned I found it a little clicky, the "old timers" are wonderful for newbies. They can answer all your questions on good/bad foods. Some of those gals have lost 100 pounds or more. I think this link will get you directly to the chat room. Click on sign-up and register. http://207.178.205.252:8020/

I don't think yogurt is allowed, but I may be wrong. Is the bread you're eating "legitimate?"
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 12:39

BF:
Progress:

Potlib,

I microwave 2 slices of bacon for a snack. Whip up an egg salad with 2 eggs, choped celery, chopped onion, mayo. The SS dips are very good - use with chopped veggies. Meat/cheese roll-ups. I find I go overboard when I eat cheese so don't do it too often. Have a fruit smoothie - 1 c. orange juice, chopped frozen fruit - peaches/blueberries/strawberries/rasberries. That makes a good 2 glasses. I guess you could cut down the oj to 1/2 cup. I know oj is sort of funkie, but I'm o.k. having one every now and then. In fact, at the beginning I would have one in the morning and one in the evening. Got me thru that first week. Check out the SS recipe site - there's probably a category of snacks.
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-05, 13:37

Plan: somersize
Stats: 170/170/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:
Talking So glad to have found you!!!

I'm Susan from the Tampa area too!!! You all have no idea how excited I am to have found you! I use to belong to a somersize group on yahoo, but it go cancelled - what a support it was! I tried some other somersize boards, but I got lost in the shuffle and no one seemed to care that I was even there. I have a friend who got me into somersizing and she's going to be elated that I stumbled across this board.
I somersized before with great success. I was the smallest I had ever been since jr high, then I got pregnant, put on bedrest and got depressed and turned to my good old friend - food. Some people are smokers, some alcoholics - I'm addicted to food, mostly junk. My baby is now 2 and I am now 170 lbs, I have lost 6 lbs on my own, but I feel myself falling again. I have got to go to the grocery store and get stocked up on good stuff. I also have to read one of Suzzane's books again to get myself reaquainted.
One of you was talking about snacks. String cheese was always easy for me. Pepperoni and cheese was easy to throw in a baggy too. I also found a snyders brand of pretzels that were whole wheat. Lorraine, my friend is little ms somersizer so I know she'll have lots of good advice. She is pregnant and will be the new mom to baby # 5 any day now (she has a set of twins), she'll join us soon I'm sure.
Happy to be a part of you!!!!
Susan
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-05, 12:41

Plan: between plans again
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Default Hi Jamsfl

This particular thread seems to have died last year sometime but there are a few sommersizers here and a great bunch of other low-carbers of all sorts! Hey, whatever works right?
Nice to have you here. Bounce around the forum and you will find a great bunch of supportive people with lots of experience and lots to say. Enjoy!

PS ..if you are looking for a great SS success story, have a look at AZDean 's journal. He has done really well and is a friendly, helpful guy!

Good luck, girlfriend!
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-05, 12:53

Plan: between plans again
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 9"
BF:

Ya, hey JAMSFL

I just noticed that there really are not a whole lot of people here who seem to be SOMERSIZING! Most of my pals are on Atkins or some other low carb... but that's really ok! The support is the same, the goals are similar, even if the ways that we go about achieving them are slightly different.

I encourage you to stick around. I can't BEGIN to discribe the help that I have found to keep plugging away within this forum! Historically, I have been a real diet quitter. This time, with the help of this group, I'm gonna do it!

Cute butt will return!