Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-04, 15:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/178/152 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

I got some today at GNC and my bottle says to take 1 or 2 daily with meals. The sales clerk at GNC says she was taking a total of 6 per day (1000mg each) for fat lose and she had really good results after about 3 weeks of taking them. There was a person in the store at the same time and she was looking to buy more and she had been taking 4 per day for the last month. I am going to start off with 6 per day and see how it goes.

Sandie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-04, 16:45

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hi Sandi,

I just started taking CLA yesterday. 3 capsules a day. I'm hoping it really does work well with exercising as I'm trying to keep my exercise to at least 5 days a week.

Hope we both see results!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-04, 10:43

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

i have been taking tonalin 1000- cla.2 pills 2times a day. i see on back of bottle it has 2,ooomg.{2g
What does that mean? am I taking enough to burn fat and lose weight and tone?? they have a number to call. 877 273 9255 toll free.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-04, 15:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/178/152 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%
janetkind:

Hi there. I am taking Optibolic CLA. Each capsule contains 1000mg of CLA made from clinically studied Tonalin. I am currently taking 6 capsules a day (2 pills 3x day) for a total of 6000mg. When I purchased mine the other day the clerk said to take 5 to 6 a day for fat lose. I read some articles where they did tests of subjects and 3000mg a day for 12 weeks was good so I am not really sure how much you should take. I figured I had may as well take 6 and see what happens. I was told that I wouldn't see any results for about 2-3 weeks of taking them.

Sandie
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-04, 16:44

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

I'm still taking CLA after a year. Believe me, it isn't a "miracle" fat loss pill. You MUST exercise for it to work. Over the school year last year I didn't get much exercise and turned flabby even on CLA. However, over the summer I started exercising heavily and I now have a home exercise room so I can workout even during busy weeks at school (read my posts above). I have dramatically increased muscle since June although I haven't lost any weight. I have shed inches though, and my legs, abs, and arms have become much firmer and tighter.

I take 3000 mg a day (1 capsule 3 times a day). I lift weights three times a week and I walk briskly (but not so fast that I get sweaty) for a half hour 5 days a week. I do cardio on my treadmill or exercise bike 2-3 times a week.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-04, 17:24

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

Thanks For the replys.
Iam going to start Monday and take 2pills 3 times aday.
I go to curves 5 days aweek. And I also ride bike and walk.
I did my first 10 miles tonight.
My Mom siad we were going to ride Monday. 18 miles. And she is 76 .
But iam going to work way up. I think 10-12 miles will be good and 2-3 miles walks.
Have to break it up. I also do the exersice ball.
I should get more ab. work in. Just have to get this last 23lbs off. I should be doing good by next Aug. It is nice to know more on cla. and how it has worked for others. with toning and losing wt. But like everything else .we have to work that body,and watch our foods.
Iam thinking.That over weekend Iam going to get Trimspa and see if that helps. Just when i need too. Any one take??
Thanks. Hope to talk to someone in chat this week.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 17:18

Plan: Atkins/SB/BFFM
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'8"
BF:26.5/21.5/15
Progress:

I just wanted to make note of two things I have learned about CLA through research and some of the other CLA threads and challenges - the first thing is that the kind of CLA is very important - the bottle MUST say Tonalin on it somewhere. Also, if you look at the ingredients, 1000mg pill is actually only 750 mg CLA, so you need 4 per day to get a 3gm dose.

Also, Trader Joe's sells Tonalin CLA 90 1000mg caps for $12.99-14.99.

HTH someone!