Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 16:37

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Smile good to be home...

back in to my routine and knowing what's in my refrigerator that will help.

i am still finding CAD much less sastisfying than atkins.i find myself hungry much more often. i will hang in here for awhile... there's no movement yet, but i am still carrying the bloat in my belly from the surgery. i will give it to the end of august.

acv water
cm= 4oz roast beef 9:30am

cm= mixed green salad with bean sprouts, cucumber, 1 tbsp buttermilk dressing with grilled swordfish 12:30pm

cs= smoked salmon 4pm

rm= roasted chicken wings, salad, glass of pinot grigio, atkins ice cream, raspberries 6pm

acv water
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 16:47
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

This menu looks much cleaner. Do you not like other veggies? I tell people don't bother to count the lettuce into the two cups allowed veggies. CM veggies are unlimited at RM.

You might be hungry because the wrong foods have been slipping in. If that's the case and you keep your CMs this clean, it should pass in 2 more days.

If you're hungry after that, you're not eating enough. I would say you need more veggies anyway. You probably also need a little more fat. What are your fitday percents?
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 06:22

BF:

i can't get the percentages quite right.... and i find myself hungry as i try to reduce the fat. that is what satisfied the hunger on atkins.
my percentages yesterday were 38% protein, 10% carbs, 50% fat.

definitely my cravings were coming from the amount of sweets in view, probably more psychological. zules... u asked if i liked veggies.... i love them! i didn't eat more than the salad last night cause i have to pick up more things. i was going to have sweet potato chips but i didn't get them made in time.

we'll see how it goes today.

hey lusana where are you? how are your meals going?
-catherine
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 06:30
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Get in the 12 ounces of protein. Try to eat plenty of veggies and let the other percentages fall where they may. If you need 50% fat to be satisfied for now, have it. As your program becomes cleaner your hunger will get more under control.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 09:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

How come she can't have the SF chocolate at a RM?? I think I had SF ice cream last night... is that very bad?

Don't even want to share my menu...it's way too embarrassing...but maybe another newbie can relate, so here we go:

RM: chicken breast on grill, small salad w/tomato and olive, caesar dressing, fresh green beans w/butter and seasoning...THEN...3 blueberry scones w/my decaf...two white choc macadamia cookies w/SF choc ice cream, THEN two chocolate chip cookies w/more SF ice cream...

Thankfully, my time ran out just before my stomach exploded...I spent the rest of the night moaning on the couch flipping channels. I will say this... I had NO desire whatsoever to eat anything more before bed.

Hmmm... promise to take it easier tonight. I just LOVE my scones...and the coffee thing, well, you know...it's a drug for me...(snif, snif...) and I haven't been able to have my scones in SO long!!!

Hmmmm... maybe just a small ice cream tonight.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 15:44
Finding the Pieces

BF:

DD
Anais was having a SF hershey at CM. That's the no no!!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 05:44

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi , just read your entries. Keep trying , that's all we can do. I'm hoping to get started back today. I missed a whole month with visits and weddings. Feel free to vist my journal for my menus. It's too time consuming to enter twice a day. My menu for today will be posted tomorrow. Have a great day. Wawtigress
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 16:19

Plan: cad
Stats: 256/256/200 Female 5' 3"
BF:51%/51%/?
Progress: 0%

Hi to all of you sorry I have been mega busy

Donna - I am so glad someone else has not quite got the hang of balanced RM's yet.

Catherine - thanks for missing me

Cm-3 egg omelette+cheese+ham,salad,black tea no AS

RM large salad,dressing,ham,large merange with cream,small bar chocolate,few chocolate brazils,milky tea with AS

I did not feel full after the RM I needed more protein
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 16:51

BF:

lusana... you're back

when i could get busy again, i will be grateful i wouldn't be thinking about foood so much. i guess that's what lazing around is doing for me...lots of time on computer.
here's my day:

acv water
cm= breakfast sausage

cm= grilled chicken caesar salad

rm= salad, pizza quiche, diet rite, sorbet and fresh blueberries
acv water
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 13:42

Hello And how'ya doing?

I am amazed today I was not hungery except for breakfast,not even my RM was longed for!!!!

CM large pork chop,fried cabbage

CM smoked mackeral,cocoa+AS+cream <15

RM 2 eggs scrambled with 1 1/2 cups spinach,2 large pieces wholemeal toast ,lots butter,marmite,3 tiny squares chocolate,milky coffee+ 2 tsp sugar

I am experimenting with no AS at RM to see if it makes a differance,I am also trying cocoa at lunch 1 tblsp has 2 carbs and will hopefully curb the choc cravings-it also tastes delisious with AS and cream.I know its not strictly allowed but I am just experimenting for a few days.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 14:15

Plan: General Lowcarbing
Stats: 188/185/150
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hello all. Here's Tues. menu:

cm. 1/2 grilled chicken salad with ranch from artic circle

rm. leftover grilled chicken salad
chicken patty sandwich with mayo, lettuce, tomato & pickle
choc. cake with icecream

roche
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 15:32

Default I Am Amazed

Just Checking Over The Last 2 Months Since I Started And I Am Down 6lb Even With The 10 Cheat Days And The Wildly Unbalanced Rm's Can You Believe It Coz I Can't.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 19:05
Finding the Pieces

BF:

I believe it. CAD may be slow, but you have a ball doing it!!!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 11:57

BF:

ok... i was a little off last night and a bit this morning. i had out of town company and we went to a mexican restaurant. that was all fine and good but i had 4 bites (about 1/4 of a piece) of chocolate raspberry torte and a cup of coffee when we came back to sit on my deck.... all in all 2 hours transpired from beginning to end. now i wasn't eating for 2 hours! i was proud of myself to not eat the whole large slice of cake because i was so full. this morning i drank 2.5 cups of coffee in about 45 min time. but i ate my bacon salad for breakfast instead of the yummy homemade waffles i made for everyone else.

i have to ask ... those of you who eat only 2 meals a day... how do u do it?

i have to eat 3.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 15:10

Plan: General Lowcarbing
Stats: 188/185/150
BF:
Progress: 8%

I am busy in the mornings with my kids and not terribly hungry......I love cereal and that is one of the few things I can eat and enjoy during mornings, but since that is a no no and I get tired of eggs I sometimes just wait until around lunch time for first cm. I have tried eating non-breakfasty things in a.m., and sorry, eating a hot dog or hamburger or salad in the a.m. just doesn't appeal to me.

roche