Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 08:54
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

They have a website...www.fitprime.com - some of the women you will recognize as they are former Firm instructors. A good place to get videos is www.collagevideo.com - you can actually view some of the tape online and read reviews of what others' have said. I find that part especially helpful. I know they have some Fitprime tapes but not a lot.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 08:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 147/139/125 Female 62 inches
BF:39.3/36.6/??
Progress: 36%

thanks, i'll check it out.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 10:03
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 206.5/190/170
BF:not sure
Progress: 45%
Arrow Count me in!

Hi!
I bought the Firm 3 video set about a month ago. I went to WalMart and bought a couple of steps and some dumbbells. I have used all of the tapes at least 3 times. It's hard for me to get into a routine. I'm so busy in the summertime. I don't like the cardio tape. I'm not very coordinated if you know what I mean! I seem to gravitate towards the ab sculpting and the total body sculpting tapes the most.
I'm going on vacation this Friday so I won't be able to start a weekly routine until I return. I will check back in when I do.
I must say I noticed a difference in my legs with the workouts I have done. The most work I need is on the back of my arms, back, stomach, abs, and inner thighs now.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 15:33

Plan: Combination
Stats: 164/159.5/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default No workout today

After returning to The Firm from a long break, my legs are KILLING ME! So I skipped my workout today. It hurts just to stand up!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 09:53

Stats: 180/175/130
BF:
Progress:

I am using the Firm also. I am glad that there is a forum about the firm. Knowing that there are others out there sweating away and suffering through the fanny lifter leg press with me makes me feel proud.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 09:57
empress of fashion

BF:

I take Wednesdays and Saturdays off! This week it will be Friday and Sunday as well - going out of town for the holiday.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 09:58

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Hi! My name is Cori and...

...I'm a firm-a-holic. Except that I haven't been doing them. I have like 25 firm exercise videos. I can't do them this week. I'm on vacation and they are NOT with me. But I swear I will get back to it when I get back!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 10:16

BF:
Default Did it!

Did my Total Body this morning (gotta love the 80s!), even though I didn't want to. I got up and started working at 7:00, and thought I might just skip the workout. But no, I got on that fanny lifter at 9:30!

What time do you work out? I'm really more of a mid-morning person... I can't stand getting up at 6:00 and working out. I need my coffee and a bit of the Today Show first.

Also - I HATE ab work. HATE, HATE, HATE it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hate ab work.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 10:24
Registered Member

kmarie,

did my total sculpt plus abs this morning. i'm a mid-morning person too. usually 10:00a.m. is a good time for me to exercise. this works great during the summer but i'm a teacher so i don't know what i'll do when school starts back!

i have the new set of videos with the stick. this is my first time doing the firm but i find it gives me a great workout. i like to total sculpt plus abs best because i can follow it better. i even got all the way through the ab part - following the beginner example.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 10:27
empress of fashion

BF:

Kmarie - are you sitting down? I get up at 4:30 so I can start exercising by 5. Yes - and I am NOT a morning person. Just happens to be the only time I have to myself and can wo uninterrupted.

However, I slept in this morning - planning a drive to St.Louey in an hour or so - figured I should get some shut eye. Next week - back to the grind! Have a great long weekend, everybody!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 10:33
Registered Member

iowagirl,

you're an inspiration to us all! i doubt i can get up at 4:30 but maybe 5:30 or 6:00 when school starts back. have a safe trip and happy 4th!
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 10:58

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default firm

Hi gals.
i must say that when i read all your post on doing the firm sure makes me want to do it.
I got firm tapes at walmart and got two rubbermate steps. that work ok.

i have wts. 1-2-5-3 and 10 lbs.
10 is to much right now and so would be 8lbs.
i am going to get 4lb this week.
but i seem to use the most 3-5lbs.
after this weekend i hope i can join in with u gals too.
i do find that when i did abs which i like and the body S. one i like the best to. other one hard. But would like to try the last one were u put a small wt. in back of legs and lift when u are over step?? that is why i got 1lb wts. to try that.
do u gals find it hard to keep getting on the steps when 14 inck hes high?? iam short.
sometimes my body doesnt move like they do. ha. but i know i should get that going. so pull me along. ok.
were are u gals from. iam in in.

lets get toning and help me get on with u gals. i read this site alot. have a losing week end.janet-
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 12:08
Registered Member

janetkind,

i find getting up on the fanny lifter is my biggest challenge. i'm 5'2". i don't think i could do it without the stick to balance with. at first i was worried about hurting my knees but i try to pay close attention to form. that way, hopefully my knees will be safe.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 12:33

BF:

All you morning people make me ill. I'm not working out today... I spent part of the day in a scene shop building a set, and that was enough of a workout for me! I'm pooped.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 14:25
Busty McChacha

Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I just purchased the firm set but do not have the fanny lifter. Can anyone suggest an alternative to the fanny lifter. Do I really have to spend 40 more dollars for this thing it just looks like a step to me.

I really wanted to purchase the latest firm product with the sculpting stick but alas when I went to the firm webiste it said 4-6 weeks! for delivery. I am ready today. At any rate I went to best buy and purchase a 3 set DVD but did not buy the fanny lifter so once again anyone have any alternatives I can go and purchase today?

If anyone else is using this series please let me know how you are doing.
Closed Thread