Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 17:36
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 135/128/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 47%
Thumbs up

Nothing lost, nothing gained! I went to my nephew's wedding and couldn't resist the carrot cake my dad made for the "groom's cake." I also took an exercise hiatus most of last week due to a pulled calf muscle. But I'm headed back to the track tonight. I continue to remind myself that feeling better is what it's all about.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 03:54

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

Monday's weigh-in: Half pound lost. 161.5 now. Had a few carbs on Father's Day and don't feel quite so energetic today.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 15:37

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

TOMasa is here, insisting on dragging her fat butt onto the scale with me so I will not be weighing this week. She is such a brat!

Jinx
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 10:35
Registered Member

Stats: 177/173/160
BF:
Progress: 24%

Arrived home from vacation last night and weighed in this morning at 174 - half a pound up, but I feared worse, so I'll take it. Hard to completely control what I eat when I'm a guest.

Beth
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 20:43

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Angry 2 pound gain!

Back up to 128! What is up with that? I have been so good this week, too. OK, I did have one low-carb mixed drink and 2 diet cokes (not all in one day), but I don't think those merit a 2# gain. I even double checked the weight and it stayed for 2 days in a row. The weird thing is I thought I had LOST a pound. Some of my pants seem to be fitting looser (esp. in the butt ), and I checked my bodyfat with my home calipers (one spot test) and my bodyfat has gone down a point according to that. So maybe I am gaining muscle and losing fat. If I knew for sure that that is what was going on I would be happy with it.

Jen
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 21:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

Jen, yes, it sounds like you're probably gaining muscle and losing fat if you feel like you've lost. Check out this picture to see the diff!

Congratulations Maureen & Judy on the lose!

Jinx - stay off that scale!! It should be illegal for TOMasa to get on any scales

Beth - out of town and only 1/2 pound. That's great!

Pianobeiner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fat vs muscle.jpg (33.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Piano : Wed, Jun-18-03 at 22:08.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 06:00

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

I can't believe how quickly these Mondays seem to come round. One pound lost - 160.5 now.

Judy
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:09
Registered Member

Stats: 135/128/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 47%

Another one lb. bites the dust . I haven't changed it in down to 130 yet in my profile but will do so soon. Slowly but surely it's coming off. My pants are a tad looser and I've had 2 friends ask me if I've lost weight! And my husband, in between bites of forbidden food , tells me I'm lookin' good (he is such a sweetie). BTW I've started a journal. I'll add more into it as I have time. Have a great week ladies and gents.

Last edited by suzyq1958 : Mon, Jun-23-03 at 10:14.
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:50
Registered Member

BF:

SuzyQ and Judy: Woo-hoo! Results are so motivating.

I weighed in at 173, which has been solid for the last few days. (So it's apparently not just a "fluke low" like that 172 a couple of weeks ago.)

Took a "no counts" day yesterday. I had gotten so tired of scrutinizing every single thing I put in my mouth, I was about ready to quit the whole thing. So yesterday I took a break from counting, and may make it a regular Sunday thing. I don't consider that I went overboard, just enjoyed my food and didn't stress out about keeping everything so carefully balanced.

I was pleased, after dreaming for weeks of a DQ Mud Pie Blizzard, to find that a dish of blueberries and cream after dinner really did seem like a decadent treat!

So this morning I'm happily counting again, and planning to hang in with it a while longer, at least.

PMS is just around the bend, though, and generally hits me like a Mack truck; who knows where I'll be by next Monday, weight-wise. Will have to try not to care too much.
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 16:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%
Default weigh in

I didn't lose and I didn't gain, but I have had a lot of compliments recently that I look like I've lost and I fit into a skirt yesterday that I haven't been able to squeeze into before!!! I'll consider that a victory!

Suzy I am so excited that you started a journal, can't wait to visit!!!

Congratulations Judy Suzy and Beth on the weight loss!!!!

Pianobeiner
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-03, 07:41
Registered Member

Plan: Was Atkins, then BFL, now Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 144/111/112 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 103%

One more down and two to go!!!

I didn't know if I would lose this past week or not due to TOM and the residual water weight was stubborn about leaving me.

Denise
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 10:55

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I was leary of giving my stats because I had such a bad weekend. I ate three hot dogs (all beef), chili, and losts of junk! I didn't intend to but I was around the food all day. This continued all day Sunday. I got back on track on Monday although the scale read 170! I'll check again at the end of the week. I know what I'm supposed to do, it's just a matter of sticking to it. I always feel better when I'm eating right!

Good job to all who have maintained and lost inches and clothing sizes! You all keep me motivated to continue on this healthy path! Keep up the good work!

Maureen
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 11:54
Registered Member

BF:

Maureen,

Weekend picnics? I think social eating is the hardest to control, especially since junk food is so much the norm for so many people. Hopefully a) the 170 is a short-term, reactionary bump up, and b) having taken a break will help reduce feelings of deprivation for a while.

Hope you're not discouraged. After all, it's two bad days against how many great days? I think it always helps to keep that perspective. Have a great next week!

Beth
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 13:06
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Wow, Hammi J is 2 lbs away from Goal!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Hammi
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 14:46

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Beth,
Thanks for the encouragement! I think you are correct my weight should drop back down although blowing it on the weekends has been a problem for me for about the last month, or since I got down to 166! I have these ideas that my weight will drop by 1.5 pounds per week and it will only if I stay on track!!!!!!!! Oh well, it's progress not perfection!
Maureen