Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 09:15
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, I use the EZ-Sweetz stuff. I threw it out but when I cleaned my cabinet WAY up top I found an unopened 2nd bottle I had stored there. Of course on 'seeing it' I wanted to use it LOL
I wish I wasn't one that was triggered by AS...but I am
It is cool. I was living without AS for a good bit and 'tried to have it again' but I found out it doesn't suit me. but I will get thru cause it what I must do!!
Awwww I'm so sorry!

Seriously, I feel really badly for those of you that have to completely give up AS. I mean, A '72 is very restrictive as it is but you all have to give that up on top of it... I'm very impressed!

You guys really are WARRIOR STRONG! Woot! Woot!

But we all have to do what it takes to get what we want... and we want to be WARRIOR members of TEAM 5%!

Quote:
HI ALL
simple day. sticking to plan. eating too much to lose fast but that is ok. my body is reshaping in a great way. I am gearing my mind toward more food control in the future to blast off the last lbs. that are in my way.

All is good cause I am maintaining my losses and THAT is a wonderful thing so far
I just love your attitude and that you know what is possibly the cause for the lack of weight loss.

You seem to be in a very excellent place when it comes to our incredible LC WOE! Yeah, maintaining the lost lbs, IMHO are as important as losing the last few lbs.!

You are so ROCKIN' THIS, girlie!

Quote:
everyone have a fine day
Thanks and you too, Karen!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 09:21
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

I was just re-reading the last couple of pages of this thread... I wonder if I scared off Mpl16 that came to inquire about A '72 and our thread on Wednesday?

And leighmaria who returned to our thread, also on Wednesday and who had originally posted with us back on our HC A '72 Threads # 3 & 4....

I hope they come back!
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 09:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I am sure you haven't scared off anyone JO cause THOSE literally that MUST be here understand. those that 'maybe can do it different' and succeed will find their way.

heck ya'll scared me when I wanted a 1/4 tablespoon of onion put into my tuna but it NEVER deterred me and I also REALIZED that in the end, if I NEED to be a certain way to make this work for my body, I best listen

I got it but while ya'll might have been a 'tad scary' in a way---I also SAW that it was what was required for me so I best be open.

I think all is cool....A72 types stay and fight, others might be able to do different but in the end, those who NEED to be right here on this plan are here and will stay here

I think it is all fine tho
  #109   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 09:54
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:

I am sure you haven't scared off anyone JO cause THOSE literally that MUST be here understand. those that 'maybe can do it different' and succeed will find their way.
Yep I guess you're right, Karen! But bottom line, no one can discount all of our successes!
Quote:
heck ya'll scared me when I wanted a 1/4 tablespoon of onion put into my tuna but it NEVER deterred me and I also REALIZED that in the end, if I NEED to be a certain way to make this work for my body, I best listen

I got it but while ya'll might have been a 'tad scary' in a way---I also SAW that it was what was required for me so I best be open.
Well we didn't SCARE you off!! That's the most important thing!
Quote:
I think all is cool....A72 types stay and fight, others might be able to do different but in the end, those who NEED to be right here on this plan are here and will stay here

I think it is all fine tho
Well said and I can't agree more! We aren't a big group but the most important thing is that those of us here are rigorously following A '72 Induction and getting results b/c we stay 100% OP every single blessed day w/o EXCUSES!

Food for Thought:

If it is important to you, you’ll find a way.
If not, you'll find an EXCUSE!

Unknown
  #110   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 12:18

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello Warriors,

Karen and Jo, luv your posts on our strict HCA-72 wol and scaring newbies. I think that newbies luv the success of HCA-72 but don't want to be so strict to get the results. For those of us that are here we know that truly we can not eat carbs and lose and keep weight off. We have all tried the carb ladder and know with our addiction we are just so carb sensitive it will lead to cravings and carb binging!
Jo, Lauri, and Jams teachers are my heroes 😀👍

Have a wonderful day warriors and take care!
  #111   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 12:25

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello Warriors,

Just checking in, nothing new here.

I got the lawn mowed this morning. It's getting hot out there, so will most likely hibernate indoors the rest of the day.

The strictness does scare newbies off, not necessarily us. everyone has to figure out for themselves how strict to be and some choose not to be so strict as us very low carbers.

Have a great OP day of everyone. I bought a couple of ribeye steaks for our dinner

#112   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 06:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello Warriors,

Karen and Jo, luv your posts on our strict HCA-72 wol and scaring newbies. I think that newbies luv the success of HCA-72 but don't want to be so strict to get the results. For those of us that are here we know that truly we can not eat carbs and lose and keep weight off. We have all tried the carb ladder and know with our addiction we are just so carb sensitive it will lead to cravings and carb binging!
You are absolutely SPOT ON! IMHO, and I know you guys will agree, that A '72 is probably one of the most restrictive LC WOE plans especially the Induction phase! But it works for those of us that have a really messed up carb processing metabolic disorder!

Everyone has to find what will work for them as individuals and it has to be sustainable in the long haul which means keeping the weight off!

A '72 Induction works for those of us that are über carb sensitive! It really does help with appetite suppression as well as keeping those demonic infernal cravings and temptations for toxic carbs in check!

Of course I am super envious of people that can eat more carbs than I can and still lose weight and maintain it! But I REFUSE to REGAIN so I'm totally happy that I'm an A '72 HC Warrior!

Quote:
Jo, Lauri, and Jams teachers are my heroes 😀👍
Thanks for that, Berni!
  #113   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 06:51

BF:

no JO you guys didn't scare me off cause I knew what ya'll were saying was the truth that would work for me....once you get past the denial, you have to pony up and accept the truth

THOSE that need this will be here and stay here. It might not be their time in their journey, cause I tried super strict LC long ago and couldn't make it work, THIS time I DID

HI ALL
easy day
sunny and swim swim and more swim
little chores around but nothing dramatic

want relax time and I am going to have it. me and kiddo will swim and hubby is working, poor old dog--HAHA

bacon cheese omelet later whenever
steak and crab legs for dinner.......we have been eating 'off the cuff' and hubby/kiddo complaining I am 'not cooking' hardly at all like I used too and kiddo is saying I am 'basically not feeding her' LOL (oh my the untrue drama)--------so I am doing surf and turf tonight. Doing snow crab in the oven, 380 for about 15, then hubby will grill T bones when he gets home....SEE I WILL feed them well tonight and boy, hmm, geez, it is my meal totally!! (well corn on the cob for them, no biggie cause I don't care much for it anyway) win win

everyone have fun today, I will
  #114   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 07:02
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hello Warriors,

Just checking in, nothing new here.
Hiya, De!
Quote:
I got the lawn mowed this morning. It's getting hot out there, so will most likely hibernate indoors the rest of the day.
Yep I hear you, De it's "Muy caliente" here too! So I take care of everything I need to (running around town or yard work) before it gets too bloomin' (or should that be blazin') HOT out!

My outdoor thermometer hit 105 yesterday about 4 pm and that was in the shade! So it was a typical summer day in the Land of Enchantment! Expecting the same for today and the rest of the upcoming week!
Quote:
The strictness does scare newbies off, not necessarily us. everyone has to figure out for themselves how strict to be and some choose not to be so strict as us very low carbers.
Yep, I agree. But IMHO, why be soooo über strict if you can still manage to lose weight and keep it off if you can do Atkins 2002 with the NET carb thing. GRANTED, it doesn't work for us, but it does for others!

Also, peeps need to take into consideration how much they have to lose and what they are willing to sacrifice to keep the weight off forever! B/c let's face it, A '72 to not for the faint of heart...

Quote:
Have a great OP day of everyone. I bought a couple of ribeye steaks for our dinner

Sounds like your Saturday dinner was de-lish, girlie!
  #115   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 07:13

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo

Of course I am super envious of people that can eat more carbs than I can and still lose weight and maintain it! But I REFUSE to REGAIN so I'm totally happy that I'm an A '72 HC Warrior!

Thanks for that, Berni!

yup. I so agree. I am envious also! I wish I wasn't but I doubt that will ever totally change cause in my heart I still wish I 'could have it all' and be trim, but it ain't ever gonna happen

WE DO WHAT WE MUST! and thing is I am becoming more accepting about that, but EVER SO slowly LOL
  #116   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 09:20

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi ya....

Warrior strong here...it's the strictness of the plan that some people object to. It's what works for me and the only thing that works for me...I wish I wasn't so carb sensitive, but I don't dwell on it that's for sure. Really, I was astounded to find out my carb sensitivity...but very, very glad I did figure it out.

I do eat veggies some, but not daily. I consider myself semi ZC with the vegetable option. I will always have A72 for my plan, even if I went full ZC. I am totally sold on Atkins VLC plan of A72. It's perfect for me. I can only say what works for me. I realize everyone isn't as carb sensitive as I am. Before I became LC I could see others eating more than me and not gaining the weight I did. Didn't realize for ages it wasn't the food but the carbs. My body doesn't tolerate a lot of carbs.

I know my carb sensitivity isn't going away. I am happy to eat this way even though it isn't always easy.

Stay Warrior strong and have a great day
  #117   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 10:04
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
yup. I so agree. I am envious also! I wish I wasn't but I doubt that will ever totally change cause in my heart I still wish I 'could have it all' and be trim, but it ain't ever gonna happen
I KNOW exactly what you mean! And I wish I was 2-3 inches taller and 20 years younger! That ain't gonna happen!

We just have to be GRATEFUL that we have found a WOE that helps us with our carb processing metabolic disorder, helps us manage our food related issues (if one suffers from those), lose the weight and keep it off!
Quote:
WE DO WHAT WE MUST!
Well said!
Quote:
and thing is I am becoming more accepting about that, but EVER SO slowly LOL
You're doing so great, Karen.

No one said it was going to be easy switching our thinking so that we eat 100% OP every day. Here's what our mentor Dr. A says about that in Diet Revolution 1972 page 157:
Quote:
“...as long as you look upon being off your (low-carbohydrate) diet as part of your future plans, you will never solve your weight problem.

This can only happen when you accept the reality that if you have a weight problem, you must stay on a diet for life.
Here's how I deal with it, I tell myself that I am allergic to the foods I can no longer eat and I'm thankful for the foods I can. B/c let's face it we do get to eat some really tasty/yummy/delicious foods. And I have this in the back of my mind:

“I’m allergic to carbs ~ I breakout in rolls of FAT!”

B/c Dr. A says that too:

Allergies to Carbohydrates pg 41
Quote:
If you are "allergic" to carbohydrates, carbohydrates taken into your body release a flood of surplus insulin in your bloodstream.

This doesn't mean that you are seriously ill. It simply means that your body overreacts to carbohydrates just as another person's may overreact to seafood. You don't break out in a rash, you break out in rolls of fat...
  #118   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 10:18
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Warrior strong here...it's the strictness of the plan that some people object to. It's what works for me and the only thing that works for me...I wish I wasn't so carb sensitive, but I don't dwell on it that's for sure. Really, I was astounded to find out my carb sensitivity...but very, very glad I did figure it out.
Imma so glad you figured it out too! And you've done so very well!

That's why you're a Warrior member of TEAM 5%! Woot! Woot!

As you well know some people literally want their "cake and eat it too"! Anything worth having in life takes lots of hard work, dedication, perseverance and determination!
Quote:
I do eat veggies some, but not daily. I consider myself semi ZC with the vegetable option. I will always have A72 for my plan, even if I went full ZC. I am totally sold on Atkins VLC plan of A72. It's perfect for me. I can only say what works for me. I realize everyone isn't as carb sensitive as I am.

Before I became LC I could see others eating more than me and not gaining the weight I did. Didn't realize for ages it wasn't the food but the carbs. My body doesn't tolerate a lot of carbs.
Yep I can't agree more. People have to realize that we all metabolize carbohydrates differently and it's not one LC WOE fits all...
Quote:
I know my carb sensitivity isn't going away. I am happy to eat this way even though it isn't always easy.
You're right, it's not always easy, but it is do-able if you want to keep the results! You are a great example of that!
Quote:
Stay Warrior strong and have a great day
Thanks and you too, girlie!

#119   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 12:44

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

Just finished up all my things to do in the house 😀

Karen, luv your fun in the sun days. Cooking and eating HCA-72 and enjoying life so very cool!

De, I am honestly so happy I figured out how sensitive I am to carbs literally saved my life. I was eating tons of veggies killin my thyroid and gaining weight. I do miss the veggies but not the carbs and my bad azz salads have become my comfort food so it all good.

Hello Jo, stay cool and I so enjoy your posts every day!

Have a spectacular day warriors and take care of you 😀👍
  #120   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 20:19

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi Warriors, it has been a couple of days since I posted anything.

Yesterday our group had a picnic at the city park. A good time was had by all. A variety of food was offered, but I stuck to the basics. I had a hamburger and hotdog, I did have some saurkraut but that is only like 1 carb per serving. I seem to be getting rehooked on diet coke. I'm not sure why. I only have like one small bottle a day and that's it, but I miss it when I don't get it. I had kicked the habit completely but seem to have taken it up again. I guess there are worse things, I won't allow myself to even get a taste of a carb.

Today I didn't drink a coke and am feeling withdrawls. Today I pretty much stuck with meat and eggs with just a tiny bit of cheese. Can't do HWC so I substitute Coconut milk, and that is what I have in my coffee.

We are not getting a warm summer this year so far. It rained a little on our picnic yesterday. Today it didn't though.

What is the difference between this version of A72 and zero carb. I guess they don't even try to eat any veggies huh. I was looking at the zero carb thread. Trying to see any difference in the plans.

I'm glad there is a way to eat that is healthy and it stabilizes my medical conditions and helps resolve my mood swings.

It seems you were kept busy today Bernie. I have to do the housework thing tomorrow.

You are so strong Jo. You just make the right food decisions everyday. You inspire the rest of us.

The one thing I miss about Michigan is that they had lakes you could actually swim in. I haven't been swimming in several years. In December I can join the Ymca for free because of
insurance. I will be using the pool.

Have a great rest of the evening Warriors;

Blessings and Peace;
Closed Thread