Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 13:09

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%
Exclamation Need Buddy ASAP...only serious inquiries!

Hello....and how do you do...the fact that you're reading this proves that your either serious or curious. Either one is fine. So let me tell you why I would like to have a buddy. It's been tested and proven that an accountability partner aids in weight loss. I've ready a few studies in various publications that support this idea and I've never really had a serious buddy before so I'm thinking...why not! Also it would be nice just to be able to rant to someone else or just share successes for no other reason than to encourage someone else. When I'm having a bad day, you could be having a good one and visa-versa! So it seems to be a win-win situation to me.
Anyway, you're probably wondering about me so here's a lil info....I'm 28 (will be 29 in Jan) single never been married, no kids, no pets but would love to have a lil dog, african american female with about 75lbs to loose to be at my "ideal" weight. But I'm aiming to be a size 8-10 for my ideal weight. What do those charts know anyway?!?!
I currently live in IL but I will be moving back TX very soon, depending on some pending situations.
I'm looking to do (Atkins) induction until I'm well on my way...i think that after I lose about 20lbs or so.
So as you can see there is a lot of work to do, but I know that it's doable. So if you're interested in being a buddy please respond to this or PM me or e-mail me and we can get started down the road to success together!
Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 20:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/134/122 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Hi there. I would be interested in being your Atkins buddy. My name is Laurie. I am 36 years old, married and I have kids. I had a baby in November of 2001 and had 38 pounds to lose. I was able to lose that but then I got pregnant again. I had a baby this past August and have approximately 18 pounds that I need to lose now. I love to check out the forums and I also frequent Fitday quite often throughout the day. I think it helps a lot.
I would love to hear back from you if you're interested. I tried to PM you but it wouldn't work for some reason.
Take care, Laurie
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 20:06
Registered Member

Plan: SYNDROME X
Stats: 252/162/150 Female 65 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 88%

Hi Sybs, I've been doing this WOL since June and I've been pretty successful. I currently weigh 199 lbs. I am from Wisconsin married with no kids at home just 3 furry persian cats.I would like to share the ups and downs of daily living as well as ideas on food and exercise. Good Luck on the pending move.
Regards
Lynn
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 11:33
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

I willing to be a buddy with you! Started induction 2 weeks ago 10 pounds gone. Didn't do measurements and probably should soon. Have 2 kids 11 and 15 am married and 44. Both kids are girls and very much involved in school. I am a bus driver!!! Love those little darlings!! Love Nascar! PM me if you would like!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 15:11

BF:

Well ladies I'm SO thrilled that we can all come here and post together! I was wondering one thing...golflady59 where do you get the cheatfree thing there. I've seen it several times and I'd like one!

Also I've been working on my website....it's pretty ok. I'm gonna make it better with time. Check it out!

I hope that you all are having a good day. This is my first official day eating Atkins style and so far so good. I can tell what a difference caffine-withdrawl makes. I had it bad the last time I did Atkins and it killed me! This time I've avoided caffine and it makes such a huge diff!

WEll I hope you ladies are doing well on Atkins. Lynn I checked your stats. You go girl! What a diva! And I can't wait to get where Laurie is, but I know we're all on different journey's with different goals. So to each of you achievers I say CONGRATS! and keep up the good work!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 15:15
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Laurie and Donna-
Just stopped by to say Welcome and Congrats on your losses. Hope your both doing well!
Lynn
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 16:26
Circling...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/222/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Sybs and welcome to LCing.
I read your post and it sure does help to have people to "talk" to and hang around (even online) for support and accountability.
If you're interested there is a Single's LC thread where we have a whole lot of fun and there is a Single's Thanksgiving Day challenge that just started that you might be interested in. We set a Thanksgiving day weight goal and then mini weekly goals and check in at least every Friday. (But most of us are around daily).

Good luck to you,
Cheers,
Gypsy

Here's the links to the singles thread and the challenge thread if you're interested
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...570#post1531570
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...125#post1532125
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 17:41
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Sybs-WELCOME
I think its great that we're all at different levels. I soooo remember the soda withdrawal. That will ease up in a few days. So will the cravings for carbs. In fact thats the best thing about this diet. The cravings subside after about a week and it makes it easy to stick to it. You'll do great. I feel better than I ever have and my energy is endless. I hang out on the boards daily and I look forward to talking to all of you.
Best to All
Lynn
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 11:25

BF:

Well I can really say that it's been an interesting week. Mon and Tues were in the 70's. Next day BAM 30 degree drop into the low 40's. Sheesh! Now I have to find some indoor excercises. I want to try the Firm but I can't afford it right now...any other suggestions????
Thanks

P.S. I'm thinking of opening an Architectural Salvage shop...any input on that?!?!?

Thanks and have a good one!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 11:22

BF:

Well how's everyone! I know I've been slipping as far as writing but I'm back. Things are going well with the WOL and I've lost a few pounds, but I'm not going to be weighing again till my next Mini Weight Goal...so do any of ya'll have goals that you've set? They say that if you set goals you're more likely to succeed...any thoughts comments on that statement?
WEll have a great day. I'll be chatting today sometime after lunch (beanless chili w/ cheese...mmmmm!)
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 11:38
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%
Default Count Me In!!!

I've been on induction for about 3 weeks now. Have lost 11 lbs. Enjoying the journey. Found "lowcarbcafe.com" site and that has been a tremendous help with making foods and keeping in fridge for feeding time. I find it's important for me to have foods ready for eating when hungry.
Found "Fitday.com" site and learned that coffee had carbs!!!!
had to adjust my coffee consumption.
Glad I found a bunch of people with the same goal as myself.
Count me in!
My goal is to get my cholesterol lowered without meds.
Good luck everyone!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 13:32

BF:
Default WeLCoMe~

The great thing about LC living is that there are tons of resources out there and everyone seems to be trying it. Fine with me! America as a whole needs to slim down but I digress.
I know what you mean about having food redily available. I'm the same way. I don;t like cooking b-fast and I wish there was something fillig like eggs and bacon, but as easy as cereal or a PB&J sandwich. But there are alternatives and meeting my goals may not be convienient (sp?) right now, but it's getting easier as my clothes get baggier )
So just keep up the good work and we can meet our goals together!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 09:55

BF:

Another good day! I just wanted to stop in and say hi and hope that we;re all sticking to it!
~toodles~
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 09:08

BF:

Well I made it through my first Thanksgiving meal. We had one HUGE feast at church yesterday and I did fairly well. My strategy was this...I served drinks for the most part and by the time I finally got a plate all the good stuff was picked over and the macaroni and potatoes were gone completely! Then I piled up on turkey, ham, green beans and turkey gravey. I also had a smidge of sweet potatoe caserole, cornbread dressing and sugar free pumpkin pie filling. And water to drink. Overall I wasn;t disappointed at all, I did well and overcame all the cakes and pies that were there! WHO HOOOOO!

So how are the rest of ya'll going to handle the holiday party eats?
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 04:40

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/90 Female 153
BF:
Progress: 0%

im looking for a buddy and one interested