Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 06:19

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Cool Challenge Week 12

Hey there-hope you guys don't mind that I started the new thread!

Week 12-How much have the faithful lost in this 12 weeks? Isn't it great to look back on your success?

-animaldoc
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 11:20

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default The last 12 weeks.

Okay.... ya made me go and look it up. In the last 12 weeks I have lost exactly 22 pounds. In exactly 16 weeks, to the day, I have lost 41 pounds.

Today I dropped under 150. I have not weighed less than 150 since I got pregnant with my baby. My baby will be 6 years old soon.

If I were to stay at exactly this weight for the rest of my life I would be pleased with it. However..... I know that I can do better and that realistically I should, if for my health alone, weight slightly less.

I noticed that over the last few weeks I keep writing the same things in my journal. "I like how I look today.", " I like how I feel today.", "Today I woke up happy and full of energy.". This is my goal. To feel healthy, to be healthy, and of course..... I want to look good too.

Life is good......
Libby
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 11:34

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Week 12??? Where does the time go??

Hi guys.. I'm not dead, nor have I forgotten this little challenge corner of low carbing!

I got completely off track, decided to get back ON track, then my daughter fell off our swing set and we spent a week in the hospital with a broken arm and lacerated liver She's recovering nicely and will be just fine

I had to eat hospital food, which while it was very tasty, was anything but low carb. The very strange thing is that even though I haven't eaten on plan or drank anywhere near the amount of water I needed, I only gained back 1 1/2 lbs. SO, I'm in need of someone to give me a good swift kick in the overweight butt to get me started again!

I hope you all are doing well and from the looks of things, everyone has been losing nicely!

Lisa
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 07:07

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up Great Job

Great job to all who have been LC and following these posts for 12 weeks, I wish I could say I've been on plan for 12 weeks, then maybe I'd already be at GOAL! Oh well,

I've been on plan for 3 weeks and lost 4 lbs. just over my 1# per week goal.

Very good!

Just on a side note, I had my Reward Meal for breakfast yesterday, and although it was wonderful, Eggs, Hash, Rye Toast (one piece) I felt so hungry afterwards, I know I didn't "technically" cheat, but I ate so much LC food, it felt like I could never get satisfied, man I'm not going to do the RM for breakfast unless it is a really special occasion!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 08:53

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Talking I agree!

If I lost 2 pounds per week I would already be at goal too if I had stuck to it for 12 weeks! Just a reminder (to me) to keep motivated seeing others success!

-animaldoc
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 09:40

Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Post Check in

Hi, Week 12, WOW. My initial goal on this was to keep on plan. I haven't been perfect, but I'm still on plan. The weight is up from the 124, I'm at 126 again today and yesterday. I lost it Monday night and carbed on nuts and some chocolate soy milk. Today is day 28 of my cycle or is it day 10ish. I had midcycle bleeding, or an extremely scanty tom. I'm sure you've all heard my ranting and raving about being too freaking old to still have toms! So, just play the rerun in your heads and I'll skip the rant.

I started this challenge at 131, I think. So it's only a 5 pound loss. It's been slow, but I can see exactly where pounds 127-130 were located. LOL 126 was on my neck. Maybe when I'm done, I can draw a map. I wonder which pounds are wrapped around my heart and liver? Morbid thought, huh?

My walking has speeded up. Try as I might, with the extra 5 pounds I couldn't speed up my walking.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 09:58

Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking From the beginning

I looked up the beginning. I started February 19, 2002 at 134#. So, that's an 8 pound loss.

We've come a long way.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 07:01

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%
Cool Perfect Day

After a really crazy, flopped day on Tuesday with a reward meal breakfast-yesterday was great!

Here was my day

B: 2- deviled eggs
1 beefy stick (from the snack box at work)
water, water, water (about 32 oz.)

L: Chicken ceaser salad, made fresh for me from our local deli/grocery store mmmmm....and
large iced tea from Starbucks (also in our grocery)

D: a great salad w/ turkey bacon crunched up on it,tomato, mushroom, blue cheese, balsamic vinegar & egg crumbled.
1/2# Crab legs (on sale at the wonderful grocery)
w/ butter and lemon, mmmmm....
Then dessert was hot tea w/ cream and 1/2 a dark chocolate, coconut cream bar from starbucks, DELICIOUS, mmmmm...

Now today I am planning on a RM for lunch, I know I'm asking for trouble, but I've had it planned all week! Hopefully I don't pay for it the rest of the day!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 09:39

BF:
Default Checking in

Icon... I am VERY glad to hear that your daughter is going to be okay. That is a mothers worse nightmare and I pray that I never have to deal with something like that.

Now Icon.... don't get mad at me... but here is your kick in the butt that you asked for:
Quote:
I had to eat hospital food
Who told you that you HAD to eat hospital food? Remember that you must take care of yourself too and that includes eating healthy even if you must choose to take the more difficult route of searching far and wide for you LC foods.

Personally I know that no matter what, I must eat this LC way for the rest of my life or I will be back to where I was last Christmas. Overweight, Miserable, Depressed, Negative, Uncomfortable, Angry, High Blood Pressure, Knees hurt, Constantly Tired...............
anyone want to add a few reasons to remind us why we don't want to gain it back?

Must run........
Libby
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 04:26

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hi All!!!

Well I'm still alive!!!!!

I had a major emotional set back and hopefully I'm ready to get back on track. Things have been pretty stressful here and I realized the other day that I hadn't posted here in ages.

My weight is the same: 175 lbs so I haven't gained or lost. It could be better but it could definitely be worse.

Just wanted to say a little hello to everyone, and start posting my meals today. Will come back tonight and do so.

How is everyone doing???
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 09:11

BF:
Talking Good Morning

I have not forgotten ya'll..... it's just that I have been SO very busy. Today I deleted pages and pages of e-mail. I haven't even been on the puter for days.

Icon..... how is your girl? I hope she is feeling better.

Gracia....glad to see you! We need your smilin' face here!! Nice to have you back!

I am doing well. I gained a couple of pounds with my TOM but now am back to where I was. My averages for last week gave me a loss of .8 pounds. Guess I won't complain too much because of my TOM.

Shall we start a new week and call it the "Weekly Challenge" and just stay with one thread instead of posting a new challenge each week? It seems like we are not posting quite as much as we use to.

Libby
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 11:58

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Libby

I think we should just call it a weekly challenge and keep posting there instead of new ones every week.

The only thing is that I'm afraid it would get too big...

What do all of you think?
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 09:32

BF:
Default weekly challenge

I went ahead and started a new thread yesterday. It won't get too big. heck.... the Bikini Challenge is hundreds and hundreds of posts long.

So..... lets start the new challenge.

Libby