Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 07:08

Plan: Modified CAD
Stats: // Female 63
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hi everyone!

Welcome Pam, you sound so positive about CAD already - good for you!

I did well on plan yesterday and feel great about it. Just hope to continue.

Hope everyone has a good CAD day!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 07:34

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Pam, Just wanted to welcome you to CAD. I think you will like CAD a lot. It is such a livable plan. It sounds like you are off to a good start. Keep up the good work.

Gotta run. Post often..
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 08:41

Plan: SBD
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

Pam,
Welcome to Cad ,
By reading the posts everyone sounds pretty postive.
I am hoping to be down a pound in about 3 days. I need to start to average my weight, but haven't started that yet. I did exercise and I can't believe myself, every morning I am out the door, and I used to be pretty much a couch potato.
Have a great cad day and remember YOU ARE AWESOME!!
Shirl
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 11:25
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello!

My computer wouldn't let me on last nite after getting home at midnight so I'm glad to be on today and see all of the positives on CAD.

Got up this morning as I had a hair appt and did the 2 mile WATP. Made me feel better about the whole day. Gonna try to start that routine.

It is a beautiful fall day here so hope to be on the positive side all day today. The weather has a lot to do with my dieting attitude. Ha!

Adukart, don't beat yourself up. There is always Monday. I have a hard time on weekends to. I think they were made to cheat on. Ha!

Jill, congrats on your weight loss. That only encourages me when another friend loses. Keep it up!

Diane, thanks for telling me about the IR diet. I love CAD. I don't think I could ever go back to Atkin's after being allowed to have carbs at RM. I didn't eat too balanced last nite but will try harder today.

Pam, welcome to our forum. We are just trying to chisel the pounds and inches off. I'm 53 and seems like the fat is concreted on. I have been trying to exercise more since I sit on my behind for 8 hours a day typing.

Everyone have a good day!!

Linda
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 13:03
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi -
Hi Pam, and welcome to our WOE. It is great.
A gorgeous day. I'm waiting for my DS to come home from school. He is 17 and has an old car he fools around on. Yesterday he "modified' the bumper, and called from school that an "unnecessary" piece had fallen off. I suggested he might want to take it to the local garage and ask their opinion. well, it is supposed to actually be on the car, so he is having it reinstalled. I'm so happy he called before tossing the part!
Another great week. I bought a new electric frying pan (on sale at Target for half price) and make a whole head of sauteed cabbage at once last night! Great omelet this morning too.
For RM tonight it's beef chili, salad, leftover cabbage and quesadillas for the carb. I also have an apple if I want/need it.
hope you have a great week too-
Eno
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 15:09

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Welcome Pam!!!!!!!!This plan is awesome. I personally am having a hard time getting that first day or two under my belt...I had horrible cravings today and didn't get my sumpliments so I succumed to them!!!
I AM going to do it tomorrow!!!

Send any of the encouragement you can my way!!!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 17:26

BF:

Hi Karen,

It can be so hard sometimes to get back on plan. I think our bodies rebell. All you can do is keep trying. Once you get one day under you, then the 2nd day is a little bit easier and then by the 3rd day you are well on your way to being firmly back on plan.

I know one thing the Heller's said was if you are trying to get back on plan and are having a hard time, to not worry too much about balancing your RM. They also said that if you get the urge to eat, stay away from the carbs and eat another CM. Keep plenty of protein, like baked chicken wings or beef or whatever you enjoy that is mostly protein... You can always work towards balancing your RM later and also cut back on the snacks as your feel more in control.

Take each day at a time. You will do just fine. Hang in there.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 04:30
Registered Member

Stats: 260/254/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Things are going great!~ Down another 1/2 lb this a.m. seems my RM wasn't balanced last night, but I'm fighting a sinus infection and didn't feel like cooking so we ordered pizza, and I was still down 1/2 lb. I have to admit I went to bed thinking...uhoh...what have I done?

Thank you all so much for the wonderful welcome!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, now CAD
Stats: 218/218/146 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi all

Well, I haven't fallen off the plan at all so far so I'm very proud of myself for that. But the scales have popped up to 200lbs again for the third day in a row after a day or two below last week - it's TOM so I s'pose that's the reason - but I'm going to have to have a visit from the whoosh fairy in order for my weekly average to show any loss this week I think. Has anybody seen her? Could you send her in my direction please if you have?!

I succumbed to some chocolate at my RM this evening too - feeling a bit sorry for myself - so that won't help probably. Never mind...this plan is for the long term and I'll get there eventually!

Hope everyone else is doing okay
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 04:19
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 250/241/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Still Hnaging in There

I haven't been able to post this week, but I just wanted to let you know that I am still going. I went away for the weekend, and in spite of my better judgement, I tried to swith my RM to breakfast on Sunday. I wound up feeling sick for the rest of the day, and Monday morning I went right back to plan and have been doing well all week. The scale will probably show my misjudgement this week, so I am not going to let that get me down.....Slow and steady wins the race.

Here's hoping for the whoosh fairy for us all!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 04:43

Plan: SBD
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi and Goodmorning,
It rained here last night and hope it is not raining so I can go walk this morning, I am sure my little Bichon won't let me forget.
lol.

I had roast beef, green beans, mashed potatos and gravy and small piece of cheesecake. I was so full. Should have left out the mashed potato's and it would have been more balanced and should have ate a salad. Oh well, I am geting better.

Today I have to go register to vote. We moved here from Texas and we are registered in Texas, but not here. The cut off date is the 18th they said.

Better get off my you know what,
Have a good one gals,
Shirl
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 05:23
Registered Member

Stats: 260/254/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 5%

well I'm up 2 lbs this a.m., made some mistakes yesterday and noted them in my journal. I'll be planning a better RM for tonight. I'm learning, one day at a time.

oldest son ( and his laundry ) are home from college for the weekend, and my twins have homecoming tomorrow,band competition in another state saturday, so it's going to be a busier than usual weekend.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and successful CAD thursday!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 06:22

BF:

Good Morning

It is very cloudy and warm this morning. Looks like a little rain may becoming our way. I have really been enjoying our Indain Summer

I did well on plan yesterday, but RM could have been a little better balanced. DH bought some Jennie'O smoked turkey breast to have for my CM lunches. It shows 0 carbs, but before I started eating it I noticed the scale was starting to dip down, but now it isn't. Not too sure if this has something to do wit it. I am sure it is full of MSG and sodium. Oh well, it is almost gone and DH rarely ever buys it, so I won't stress too much over it.

Sue- I am sure the scales are up because of TOM. Once it leaves, you will see a good drop in the scales, so don't get discouraged.

Kelly- I have a hard time switching my RM also. It kind of throws me off, so I don't change it unless I absolutely have to. Good for you for getting right back on track the very next day.

Shirl- I think we all have unbalanced RM off and on. It just happens. That is about all we can do is try to make out next RM balanced. I know mine sure could be a little better balanced. You are still doing great tho, so hang in there.

Pam- Don't stress too much about the 2lbs. More than likely, it is fluid retention. It will come right back off. Make sure you drink lots of water. It does take time to get things figured out and you will. Have a great time with your kids this week-end. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Everyone seems to have a great attitude. I think that helps so much to stay focused and stay on plan, don't you guys?

Have a great day.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 07:22

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hello All

I want to add the "dont stress over the scale" thing also. I know its hard not to when you see the numbers go up, but remember its not the daily weigh-in that counts, its the average. My weight went up 2 lbs over night but TOM is here. I am sure its water, and I won't let it get me down. I feel too good, on plan I feel better and smaller, and that's a good thing. I won't let the scale dictate how I feel about myself. I have done that for way too long, and its time to stop. Sorry I didn't mean to rant on about the scale I guess its an issue that hits close to home Just don't let it get you down!

Have a good Thursday all!
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 07:56
Registered Member

Plan: Aaisier Zuccarum Plan
Stats: // Female 52
BF:
Progress: 34%

Good mornin y'all.
I started Atkins induction over a week ago. Midway, 2 things happen. One, I had an allergic reaction to "something", topical or ingested, not sure which yet. Anyway, has been quite miserable. About the 2nd day of the reaction, I started with the thing that I hoped wouldn't happen, and have no name for it, but my husband calls it the "Atkins sickness." I get this numb, tingly face, dizzy..etc.. and it gets quite miserable. Last time I resorted to CAD and it cleared right up. So I can only assume its possibly an insulin problem. CAD seems to keep that under control, so here I am again. Two successful days and pretty decent RM balance so far. I haven't seen the scales move in any general direction, however, its not really what I am looking for. I felt more than anything this time, I wanted to get control over food. Last night, I felt very happy with myself for choosing whole foods as my carbs, rather than sweet/white bread junk. It was very hard to choice that for myself, but I felt great after my meal and didn't get the typical heart palps and bam I get after eating say, a good slice of pie (not that I plan on giving up pie)
Anyway, its nice to see this forum with lots of happy cad'ers again. I feel I can do it with everyone's support!
PS, Hey Vel!