Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 09:51

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%
Default Average Weight Loss ????

Hi everyone,

I am having such a hard time losing, that I am just extremely curious of what YOUR monthly weight losses average out to be. I am interested in the average pounds that each of you individually have lost. Also, if you would, please just put a note of the #1 factor that you believe is YOUR key AND how long you have been doing the program you are doing.

Thank you ahead of time for all of your responses. Maybe this will help me tweak my WOE.

jimsbride
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 13:03

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 162/153/145 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default answer: variable

I think I've hit the dreaded plateau at this point. I was on target, lost about 7 pounds in the first couple of months, and now I'm just sitting at this weight for the past few weeks. But, instead of restricting my diet further, I just went and bought my belated birthday present to myself: really good running shoes.

I've gotten down to a weight where I feel like I am able to run w/o hurting my joints (in my case, 155). I ran when I was in HS - lol, I'm much older and heavier now, but I enjoy getting up early in the morning and going for a spin around the neighborhood.

Based on past experience, I may stay at this weight for a month or two before a slow loss begins again. I plan to hang out, change little or nothing, and wait for it. This is just me, and my body, and my own experience! Who knows, maybe it won't work that way, this time.

Good luck, I hope this helps.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 13:15

Thank you Vicki for your reply. I have posted the same question on the other weight programs...most answers are coming from Atkins...and I noticed that the lower the weight...the slower it comes off.

So, don't be discouraged. It must be that weigh. Excercise, also, seems like the common thread that is helping people off of the stall.

Good luck and keep on keeping on!

jimsbride
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 19:20
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 228/170/170 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default average weight loss

I have been losing weight now since November 20th 2003. I have lost 58-60 pounds(It varies some) Like most people I lost most when I was heaviest. Now I have reached my goal of 170 I am more interested in building protein (muscle) than I am in losing weight. I have started eating more fruits and nuts and such and incresing my exercises. I also reward myself more now with an occasional sweet treat.
In reply to your note asking to what do we attribute our success. I would have to say it's determination. For myself I had to put the weight loss ahead of anything else. It may have been a bit easier for me than for some because I am retired and can devote myself to it and not have to worry about making a living.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 22:24

Plan: Atkins / South Beach
Stats: 315/309/215 Female 72 inches 6 ft
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 6%
Default Hello~

Hi There!

I have been doing Atkins since May 8 2004.. I have lost a steady 2.89lb a week 37lb total since then. I did strict induction for 1 month **Sugar Free JELLO was my life saver.. I have a sweet tooth..**

Gradualy let myself have a berries now and then or perhaps some nuts. I also started to eat some of the Akins brand snacks ;Advantage, Endulge bars. I have kept up the same rate so far...

The BIGGEST thing for me is eating enough protein and fats.. !

When I do my cravings are greatly diminished.. It takes less to fill up and that full feeling lasts a long time.

I hope this helps in some way, good luck and hang in there!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 13:35

Default A Great Big Thank You And Hug

I would like to thank everyone for your input. I have taken all of your advices and am happy to report that I have lost a total of 6.5 pounds in the past 4 days. Excercise, times of eating etc all helped.

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!!
JIMSBRIDE
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 16:40

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU m~nien
Anna
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 23:09
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Jimsbride, I work evening turn (3 pm to 11:30 pm). You said the times of eating has made a difference. I usually don't get to bed until 3:00 pm and get up at 11:00. I need all the encouragement I can get. I do the WATP 2 and love it. Don't have much time for more, HELP!

Linda