Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 15:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245.0/211.5/130.0
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile Rich Almond Cheesecake (new recipe)

Hi Everyone!

Thought I'd post something for all the great ideas I've received. Yes it's _another_ cheesecake recipe. I really wanted to pump up the protein and cut down carbs, so this one adds cottage cheese.Yes, I know that pork rinds in cheesecake sounds pretty gross, but honestly, grind them up fine enough and you won’t taste them!

Rich Almond Cheesecake
by fleadogs

2 cups of cottage cheese (8)
3 pkgs (8oz) cream cheese (24)
1 cup of sweetness from Artificial Sweetner
4 egg whites
2 whole eggs (2)
1 t. sugar-free vanilla extract

½ cup toasted, blanched almonds (14)
¼ cup protein powder
½ cup pork rind meal (ground up pork rinds)
1 T. of sweetness from artificial sugar
¼ t. almond extract
4 T of butter

Grind almonds into a fine meal and add the protein powder then the pork rind meal in a bowl. Add room temp butter (soft) and extract and work into a thick cookie like dough. Press in the bottom of a springform pan and bake at 300 for 15 minutes until lightly brown. Remove and allow to cool.
Wash cottage cheese in collander until the water no longer drains white. This reduces the carbs and ensures a thick creamy cheesecake. Add cottage cheese and two whole eggs to blender. Process until smooth, set aside. In mixer add cream cheese and the egg whites mix until throughly blended and smooth. Add extract, and artificial sweetener, then cottage cheese mixture. Mix until incorporated. Pour into springform pan on top of almond crust. Place in hot water bath and bake at 300 for 1 hour then turn off oven and allow to sit in oven for one hour before removing.
approximately 16-20 slices.

Counts without sweetener (adjust depending on what you use)

cal 4149 fat 348 carbs 48 protein 205
Sponsored Links