Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 09:32

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default LIBBY!!!

So good to see you! I know I weigh the same and it's all just numbers. Those old scales are so inaccurate! These new ones even tell me the percent of body fat. 33% EEEK! And it's all in the most dangerous place of all.

How are you doing Libby?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 23:06

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default doing well, thanks

LOL...... I hate scales. It's really stupid, but I am the same as you. I'd like to think it makes me two pounds thinner if I am on a "Lighter" scales. Such mind games we play......and I am worst of all.

I have been so busy that I haven't been on the computer much in ages. I log on every few days and read some mail, delete most of it and reply to only the ones I have to.

Still hanging in there with the LC. It is second nature now. I have passed my 365 days, 'cause I started (again) on January 1st of 2002. I lost 50 pounds in those 365 days. This year my New Years resolution will be easier ........ just 10 pounds. 10 little pounds. But I need as much encouragement as I did with the first 10 pounds.

Good to see ya.

......... headed to bed now....... but I WILL be checkin' in more often, because I HAVE A NEW GOAL.

Hugs,
Libby
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 23:10

BF:
Default oh.....

oh..... oops. I guess January 22nd was my first "official" day of LC.

I remember trying and failing and trying again during 2001. I remember it being my New Years resolution, but sure enough..... the 22nd was my official, "real" start date.

Guess it doesn't matter much now, but it's funny that I had forgot it.

LOL,
niters,
Libby
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 07:30

Plan: Atkins, CAD, Atkins
Stats: 160/136.5/125
BF:
Progress: 67%

Morning all, feeling better today as I'm back down under 140 again. Still, I was in the 120s a year plus ago.. gotta get there again! I think it's nearly TOM too and I have found something different again about this and Atkins. On Atkins I nearly always dropped a pound or so right before TOM. I know, it sounds strange but it's true. On this plan I tend to gain a bit right before, and don't go down again until a few days after. Have others seen this to be the case too? Maybe it's more "normal" this way as I seem to recall it was this way before Atkins (3 1/2 years ago, so my memory, at my age, is getting vague. And hey.. at my age WHY IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE?????)

Gotta get back to work
Joanie
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 07:37

BF:
Default TOM

Sigh....... yeah, I gain about 3 pounds every month the day before my TOM. Like clockwork. I remember this topic was on the list sometime ago. Seems that it is pretty normal.

Happy New Year,
Libby
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 10:13

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Exercise

Last night, we did day one of the next 21 day cycle of the Body Change. I'm hoping this will help to build bone and muscle, so the weight will come off and stay off.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 11:59

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

I'm still hanging in here. Not losing... just fluctuating like crazy. Durnit! I feel like it would be a dream come true just to get below 160 again!

But otherwise, I'm doing fine. It's good to have a place to vent a little bit! lol...

Ya'll have a great Friday. It's been the weirdest 2 weeks with the holidays right in the middle of them! And my desk at work looks like a warzone with all the paperwork! UGH.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 12:56

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

HEY GUYS.....STILL ON PLAN.....NOT BALANCING

i had an early rm, like thursday. On thursday i had rm at 11.30am and didn't need to eat till friday morning. Only RM that day.

i am going to work on balancing starting Monday. Tom is near so the scale is not friendly.

have a good day all
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 15:19

BF:

We had chinese for lunch today... definitely a bit carb heavy... not sure how bad it will be tomorrow! I've got my fingers crossed that it won't have done too much damage... Drinking water, water and more water! lol...

Otherwise, it's a good day. Added 5 minutes to my am cardio and walked the dog and will probably do another 15-20 minutes on the exercise bike later tonight while watching tv.

Have a great day... especially the northerners who are getting buried in the snow! My parents have 18" so far and it's still falling! My thoughts are with you!

#25   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 17:54
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Today back to CALP. I had my RM for breakfast-couldn't wait. A big delicious cup of coffee loaded with cream and an atkins bar. I've decided to have a once month real RM, ya know the kind pizza and ice cream and whatever. I decided right before TOM would be a good time for this treat. Otherwise I'm trying to be moderate at RM-it works out about half the time.

I'm finding it a lot easier now that all the Christmas candy is gone and everyone around me is resolution dieting. Suddenly my gym is packed. I wonder if its the same people that packed it last January? Well its nice to make a fresh start, but with CALP it doesn't have to end you can have your cake and eat it too. Don't ya think?
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 18:08
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hey Joanie, we have almost the same stats. I usually gain 3 pounds, starting 3 days before TOM I gain about a pound a day, after Tom starts I lose about a pound a day. I don't any real weight loss for at least a week after TOM starts.

Before lowcarb I would gain more weight but this was due to all the candy I endulged in.

Libby my lowcarb anniversary is Jan 22nd also. It has some meaning to me, I never remembered the start date of any other diet I've gone on.
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 19:20

BF:

nawchem, yep, very nearly same stats. I'm short, 5'2", and this is way too much for me to weigh. I'm also large breasted, 34D, and I know that I'm uncomfortably bigger than that right now. sigh.. Anyhow, I was 127 for such a long time, almost two years, before I started gaining again. I hate the fact that I seem to be stuck with these extra 10 plus pounds now, and am determined to get rid of 'em again!

So today was another good one. eggs and cheese for b-fast, tuna melt no bread for lunch, and steak, salad, and a few cookies (not eight, but three) for dessert. Then DH and I went for a long walk in the FREEZING COLD!! I'm tired of cold weather and am so glad I'm heading to the FLorida Bay in one week. YES!

TOM still hasn't arrived, but I know it's coming because I scheduled this kayak camping trip. Any woman who has ever gone wilderness camping can attest to the fact that as soon as you schedule the trip your hormones begin adjusting your calendar so that TOM comes smack in the middle of it. Especially if there are carnivorous animals like alligators or bears inhabiting the area. LOL... the things I think about!! Man.. I should write a horror novel!

Ah well, hope everyone's week was inspiring..

best,
Joanie
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 19:23

BF:

P.S. Tomorrow I weigh for the weekly average.. wish me a woosh. I need to show a two pound loss overnight in order to have maintained this week..
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 14:06

BF:

Hey Joanie,

I hope your weigh in went well today. I maintained, but that is a plus at this point.

I guess all I can do is try to add in more time on my exercise bike in the evenings or something and see how that goes with burning more calories.

You're so right about TOM... Mine always hits at vacation time or holidays... it never fails! lol

#30   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 13:26

BF:

Hey all!

tokenyanke - yep! I maintained.. it's about the best I could ask for realistically speaking. BUT... I was down yesterday and today, so perhaps my average will be low this week and I can actually show a loss for a change!!

I notice that I'm now a drumstick instead of an ice cream scoop or whatever that stuff in the little dishes was.. LOL..

I've been skipping my lunches. Two reasons, not hungry at all for some odd reason.. I skipped it the first time and didn't notice I'd done it until it was nearly time to go home from work. Yesterday I did it on purpose, and did not suffer. Today I worked through it again, half on purpose, have on a mission.. (Decided not to break and didn't notice as the hour went past). SO... I'm wondering if others have done, or do this, and if it's a bad thing to do? I'll do a little snack if this isn't a good idea, but honestly, I seem to manage better and don't get that horrible crushing "GOTTA HAVE TOAST" feeling I get at 4:30 normally.

Hope all is well.. we got snow.

Joanie