Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-06, 16:46
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Thanks for the update Cathy!! I was wondering how you are?

I'm keeping good thoughts for you ((((Cathy))))

No, I don't thin k that you're crazy for being afraid of the procedure. I was scared too and mine was only a needle biopsy. I'm happy for you that it's over.

Take good care!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-06, 16:54

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Cathy -- glad to hear you are feeling relieved, certainly understandable that the procedure itself had you anxious, I don't think anybody would look forward to a biopsy. Still sending prayers your way, hopefully you will get the results quick to set your mind completely at ease.

Eno -- Congrats on getting your family vacation, and WTG on DS with the job and taking the bus to get there. My DD16 is taking the summer off from school, but she still works full time, goes to Karate five days a week, and I'm stuck as the taxi driver. She recently got her driver's license and bought her own car, but its currently getting painted and needs some maintenance before its safe for the road -- HOPEFULLY I can retire from taxi service soon and she can drive herself.

I've had a pretty good week. Our temperatures are soaring out here in the desert Southwest....good time to exercise indoors with the AC. DS18 was granted his full benefits (including lots of overtime) this week on his new job, which is a big deal to us -- he graduated early like DD, but was "bored" in college and dropped out, leaving him to bounce around in no where, unstable type jobs. Got laid off his last job right after he fanagled a local bank for a new car loan (who finances an 18 yo with no cosigner and no credit??) and literally got this new job just in time before he defaulted. Its nice to FINALLY not have to worry about him -- his employer pulled him out of probationary period way early cause he's doing so well, and its his first job where he is working among adults and learning a trade.

Eating wise, on track, I'm even being good on weekends. Exercising regularly.

All in all, one of those weeks where life is just good. No stress, no major worries, everybody is happy and healthy....something I've been needing for a long time, and its very nice :-)

Lori
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-06, 18:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

awesome Lori!!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 20:48
Finding Balance

Plan: Atkins/PP Maint, IF24/24
Stats: 162/123/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:~50%/23.9%/20%
Progress: 93%

I found out this evening that it is benign . I am very happy and relieved. Thank you all so much for all your thoughts and prayers.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 21:57
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog
I found out this evening that it is benign . I am very happy and relieved. Thank you all so much for all your thoughts and prayers.

Yayy!!! Happy for you Cathy!!
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 05:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

Cathy-glad to hear everything is okay.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 06:52
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

Cathy - so glad that everything is okay. That is wonderful news!!!!!
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 07:28

BF:

(((((((((((((Cathy)))))))))))))))) Im jumping up and down for you!!
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 09:47
Finding Balance

Plan: Atkins/PP Maint, IF24/24
Stats: 162/123/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:~50%/23.9%/20%
Progress: 93%

Hi everyone, thanks so much. I am very happy, of course. Now I can relax and enjoy the weekend.

Hope you all have a good weekend too.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 16:41

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Oh my goodness, what a week! How's everybody else's going?

It's just been busy, busy, busy and I've been SOOOOOO fatigued. Checked blood sugar, cut back a bit on my workouts, trying to eat more (never thought that could be a problem for me!)...not yet sure what the deal is. Hoping to get a good night's rest tonight and be back to my annoyingly-energetic self again tomorrow.

Sister coming to visit. Taking the "big girls" down to sleep-away camp on Sunday afternoon. Right back on the hamster wheel come Monday a.m. But the office is closed Tuesday, so I'm thankful for that.

How all y'all doing?
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 19:51

BF:

The cast finally came off MON!!! YES! I am building back strength in the leg...so far so good...but i can tell its weaker than the other...work life is a roller coaster but evened out by the end of the week...our life changing decisions continue to roll..I ate mostly good...but binged once when I was a wreck..foolishness doesnt pay in any way.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Jul-01-06, 07:14
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

Hi everyone! Well I survived a heckuva a work week. Since it was month end, we were up to our eyeballs in work. Glad it's Saturday, that's for sure.

I do have to work on Monday but then I am off again on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to that day off - it'll be a day to relax.

Off to my MIL's today - I made a wonderful LC brocolli salad to take with me. We are having chicken cooked on the grill then a bunch of non-LC foods which I'll not bother listing. I'm sure it'll be a fun day of playing in the lake and having fun in the sun.

Everyone have a great day!!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jul-04-06, 18:12

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

Well on Friday we packed up the van and began our trip to NC to check out the area. We drove to Virginia and stayed the night there and continued our trip on Saturday morning. Arrived around 11:30. Checked into the hotel in Cary, NC went to lunch and met with the realtor at 2 pm. He took us around until around 4:30 pm.

The homes he showed us were new, big and beautiful. You really can get a lot for your money there. The taxes are so cheap compared to NJ. I pay 6500 and there they were around 2000-2500.

Sunday we visited my BIL nephew and his wife. I talked with them about the area and his wife took us for a tour of the Apex/Cary area. A more desirable location. The homes turn around in 30 days. My BIL's nephew told him that the area the realtor took us to has gang violence in the high school (Fuquey Varina). Well, we won't be relocating there. I am bothered by this, he has to know. I will mention it when I do speak with him again. I might just use a different realtor next time.

Now I have to wait and see what job they offer me and when I would have to move. They already offered me one job that I turned down. It was a step backwards and they would need me to relocate and start by the end of the summer. That would be practically be impossible. This is why we decided to take the trip now and do the homework. I love the area, the communities and the developments. The weather even though it is hot it is not as humid like it is in NJ.

My girls are excited about the move. This will be the hardest thing I ever did especially being a single mother. To move far away from my family. My parents are not happy about it. Financially this is the best thing. This will be the best thing for our future too. We cleaned out some of our junk and have about 6 or 7 garbage bags full of junk. Little by little we will be throwing lots of things away.