Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 08:52

Plan: LCHF (<50g), IF
Stats: 184/167.2/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I use the Atkins bars. However, I rarely eat a whole bar in a sitting (partly because I don't think they're very good, but they keep me from eating sugary junk). Linda (at Linda's Low Carb) suggested cutting one bar into about 20 little pieces, and keeping them in a container in the fridge. I only eat a few small pieces if I get hungry in the afternoon, and this seems to work for me. It also helps keep the cost down, because those bars are expensive! I do count every carb, and as long as I stay under 50 grams a day I stay in ketosis and lose weight consistently. But this is just me...we are all unique.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 10:09

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Heather, have you noticed any diffferences with the new formulas mentioned in post #13? Maybe they taste better too I wont use them because of the soy, but may have other friends who will try them now. Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Apr-14-18 at 10:15.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 10:23

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I tried Atkins bars a few times, and found them so satiating that I never wanted to eat them again.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 15:41

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
I tried Atkins bars a few times, and found them so satiating that I never wanted to eat them again.

A real LOL from me there laying in bed reading this. Thanks teaser!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 16:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser

I've never had any desire for such a thing. It's like paleo bread, or low-carb spaghetti.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-18, 18:34

Plan: LCHF (<50g), IF
Stats: 184/167.2/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Heather, have you noticed any diffferences with the new formulas mentioned in post #13? Maybe they taste better too I wont use them because of the soy, but may have other friends who will try them now. Thanks for your thoughts.

Janet, I'm not sure how to know if the ones I have right now are the new formula or not. I like the blueberry Greek yogurt bars, but the chocolate chip granola bars...bleh! I will never buy them again.

I have concerns about soy myself, particularly because the men in my husband's family have a history of prostate cancer, and I also have a little boy. I know that soy products can be particularly detrimental for their health because of the high levels of phytoestrogens. I've heard this about flax though also, and golden flax is common in a lot of the low carb recipes I see (particularly the Wheat Belly ones). I consider Atkins bars to be a temporary crutch until I get completely back on the low carb WOE. For some reason, it's been much harder the second time around.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 04:04

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

As a breast cancer survivor, I avoid soy in any and all forms, especially oil, and also other high omega 6 oils. That really cuts down on eating out or buying products even if low carb. Always wonder how a forage crop and industrial oil source became a food with a "health halo".

Dr Eades has three good articles about "the second time around' which garnered many reader comments and his additional answers over the years. A strict induction plan is often moderated by the tricks we all learn later in the process.
https://proteinpower.com/drmike/201...w-carb-dieters/