Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 01:43
That German Girl!

Plan: Low Carb, No Sugar
Stats: //! Female 5'11
BF:See my Inch Ticker
Progress: 64%

Hey all! I am still here. Yeah, I cannot believe it went on this long either, but I guess it's a good thing...?

I was away in the U.S. for two weeks that seemed like an eternity!

Back home now and happy!
Kimberly
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 08:40
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I'd like to Thank Kimberly too!! Great thread!!

This thread has said what I've been feeling too.

I've seen so many people here who are on atkins and not losing /stalling....and they are staying at induction levels of carbs and not moving into OWL phase II of atkins...scared to increase their carbs!! So they blame the plan when they aren't even doing it correctly!!

Or so many people who want to switch to South Beach when they haven't done their inital plan right in the first place!!

and then there are all those people who eat off plan everyday and expect to lose weight!! I cannot even read those pleas for help!!

"God helps those who help themselves!!" My mother used to tell me this all the time!! I think she was right!!
  #138   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 10:24
LC Bridezilla

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 122/99/105 Female 62 inches
BF:Who/Cares
Progress: 135%

I think the biggest thorn in my side is the people who switch plans constantly to ones that give greater rewards, then find themselves stalling and going back to induction. Why not just do induction and OWL until you are done? Why go to "reward" meals if you plan to follow Atkins? And why reintroduce your body to things that you were weaned off of in induction? It just doesn't make any sense. Find a plan that works and stick with it. When you bounce around between plans you are only confusing yourself...your body will react like it always will...by not losing.
  #139   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 10:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/210/185 Male 5'10"
BF:Started 03/09/05
Progress: 71%

This is a great thread, which everyone should be forced to read upon joining up.

I blame all the times I've had shakes and bars as pure lazyness on my part, nothing more.

Same goes for 'accidently' going off plan for a meal or two.
  #140   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 12:16
LC Bridezilla

Empty One...it's not the accidental slip ups that bother me. Gosh, we're all human and therefore doomed to err once in awhile. It's the not really committing one's self to a healthy WOL.

I have said this before and will continue to repeat it...

LIFE IS ABOUT BALANCE

Everyone should find their own particular balance and STICK WITH IT. If this means following a plan, then do it! Don't pick what you like from each plan and then boo-hoo over your failures. It's only in conquering the difficult stuff when we truly realize how strong we are and that we were created with free will, right?
  #141   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 12:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/210/185 Male 5'10"
BF:Started 03/09/05
Progress: 71%

I agree, but one of the problems is people beat themselves up so much if they slip, they justify going on a binge, or going off plan or whatever.

All I was saying is that I just tell myself I was being lazy, then make sure I don't get lazy again for awhile.
  #142   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 12:39
LC Bridezilla

Oh, ok, I gotcha. Just didn't want you to be too hard on yourself for being human is all. Take care.