Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 13:50
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%
Question Quit Date Jan 30 - will I gain weight while on Atkins?

DH and I have decided enough is enough. We are going to quit. Bought Zyban -- my doc. says he would like me to loose more weight before I begin -- If I keep to Atkins - no cheating - and keep up my exercise routine would I still gain weight? I am hypothyroid - celiac - PCOS -- etc. My meds seem to be kicking in and I am loosing weight steadily now.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 08:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/185/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 74%

I don't know if you'll gain weight. I've only stopped now for a week and a day, but in that time the scale has held steady (no gain, no loss).

The only thing that concerns me is it seems to have knocked me out of ketosis on about day 5 of stopping, according to my ketostix. I'm one of those that check a couple times a day... it's like compulsive peeing or something LOL.

Anyways, I've been looking for information on quitting smoking and ketosis but haven't found much yet. I know there's going to be a readjustment for the body, so maybe it ties in to that. Either way, I figured I'd give it till the weekend to come back. If it doesn't I'll drop a couple rungs back or maybe even hit induction again for a few days or week.

I'm not overly worried about the ketosis. Eventually one way or another it'll come back, and in the meantime the health benefits of quitting MORE than make up for a couple weeks Atkins glitch
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 09:12
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Thank you for answering - wow your picture looks wonderful! You have done well!