Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 16:48

Plan: CAD/Atkins/CALP
Stats: 265/176/150 Female 164 cms
BF:
Progress: 77%
Talking Yipee!!!! Down 1 pound

Yipee I am down 1 pound since starting!!! I know I am making mountains out of molehills but 1 pound is 1 pound. But my body has not liked the change of diet no BM. Has that happened to anyone else. I have included lots of fibre I guess it must be the change in the diet.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 18:57

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Congratulations on the pound! You're right, a pound is a pound. Glad it's working for ya!

I had the lack of BM, too.....it may be common, I don't really know. Try some extra vitamin C or a mild laxative if you like.

Take care...
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 22:35
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Yeh!!!! A whole pound is great. One pound closer to goal.

about the bm part i've been the opposite, i eat a whole pound of veges a day plus the salads. did you drink enough water?

Nancy
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 02:11

BF:

Yes I drink plenty of water always have. At least 2.5 litres a day and yes plenty of vegies. I think it is just my body adjusting. On Atkins I was having lots of Flaxseed and Psyullum (not sure if that is the correct spelling) I am not having so much now so I think that it is just adjustment.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 08:14
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Congratulations!!!

A pound gone is gone and something to be proud of.

Have some extra phylissium and water to get things moving. Maybe another pound will be gone.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 08:43

BF:

I agree w/ Zuleikaa....psyllium is very helpful. As to drinking water, I have found the only thing that helps me w/ is peeing! Never has seemed to make a different in bowel function, although that's the first thing I hear from others....maybe it's just me, though. YMMV

Lotsa salads should help things along, too.....and more pleasantly than psyllium! And there's a new product out called "Benefiber" that is clump-free, clear, can be added to any liquid, even hot coffee or tea, and apparently contains no sugars, only 4 carbs, 3 of which are fiber. If you want to try it, look on the shelf next to Metamucil and the other fiber laxatives.

And you might want to try getting some flaxseed in at RM....ground and sprinkled over salads or cereals it is quite tasty and of course, packed w/ fiber. Or make some muffins or bread w/ flaxseeds.....yum!!

Take care....
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 16:17

BF:

Thx Last night I made the flax bread that i used to make on Atkins and today should be a better day. I think once you get used to the fibre it is hard to do without it. I am right into natural therepies and diets and I hate being "clogged" up. So now I will be using the flax bread as my carb reward.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 20:43

BF:

Good plan! That bread sounds delicious....care to share your recipe w/ us?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 21:05

BF:

Sure I just do all the measurements roughly. Its usually around 4 to 5 cups ground flaxseed
1 cup leciten
1 cup coconut
1 cup pysullem

I am not sure of the spelling of leciten or pysullem sorry. I put it into a plastic container and shake it all up until it is all mixed.

I make the bread or muffins (you can make muffins as well)

It is 1 cup of mix
1 cup of water
1 beaten egg
salt & pepper to taste

If the mixture is too gluggy just add more water. You can add any flavour you want whether it be sweet or savoury. I mix it all up and spread it thin in a baking tray (must have baking paper) and put it in a moderate oven to cook. I like it nice and crispy so once
it has cooked for around 15 mins I drop the temp for awhile and take it out and I turn it over so that it dries out a bit and becomes crispy. To make muffins drop into a muffin tray and bake usually for around 30 mins ( not too sure about the time cause I dont make the muffins very often) Any questions please ask! Its my own recipe and I tend not to think too much about it so please forgive me if I am not making any sense.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 21:12

BF:

This used to be my subsitute bread while on Atkins. I like it nice and crispy like toast and I just spread it with my favourite spread and eat. Warning though make sure you drink plenty of water with it otherwise it could bind you up. And it can make you a bit gassy . But it is full of fibre and certainly helps with bm.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 04:42
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 146/126.1/120
BF:26.5
Default leciten?

Dear Need2B...

I would like to try to make this bread (they sound kinda like crackers?). I'm always in search of a good LC cracker.

Is it coconut flakes that you use? Are they unsweetened?

About the leciten - what is that exactly? I have some stuff in my pantry called Lecithin, but it is a liquid and it sounds like the stuff you are using is a powder of some kind.

I found a sesame cracker recipe online which was really good but the dough is very difficult to work with.

Thanks.

Lisa
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 05:13

BF:

Hi Redlisap

The coconut I use is desicated and it is unsweetened. I am in Australia and sometimes things have different names so this can be confusing. They are not flakes though. I think lecithin is a soy product. I buy it in granules from the health food store. Maybe ask your local health food store I am probably getting the spelling wrong. Yes it is very much like a cracker. Remember to drink water. ****************
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 05:25
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 146/126.1/120
BF:26.5

Oh yeah, lecithin granules - I have seen those in the health food store. Ok, thanks, I'll give it a shot.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 17:36

BF:

Let me know how you go and what you think. It saved me from many binges in my Atkins days. You can also make a breakfast cereal out of the mixture as well. I used to heat up a bowl of water in the microwave then add a couple of tablespoons of mixture. I would mix till it was thickened a little ( I liked it runny) then I would add a teaspoon of sugarfree jam and some stevia to taste.

Just a quick question about Stevia? Do you think it would cause an insulin reaction like normal sugar? I quite often like a herbal tea but I must have it sweetened.

#15   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 18:46
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

You're limited to three sugar replacements/day. More would depend on whether your body reacts to them like sugar. It varies with the individual. Give it a shot. If you experience hunger cut down.