Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 07:40

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default CAD/CALP support 1/24/05-1/30/05

Good Morning Everyone,

I was very worried about the week-end. I was going to lunch with a friend on Sat, and I knew I was going to switch my RM from dinner to lunch. I wanted the freedom to choose something good besides a salad. I don't like to do this, and have only done this a few times over the years. All in all it worked out great. I had a Chicken Questadilla for lunch and dinner was hamburger patty and a salad. I kind of felt deprived without my carbs at dinner, since I am so use to having something carby, but I made it through with no problem. I still don't want to do this very often, I know that.

I didn't get all my water in over the week-end either, but I will today. During the week, I have a routine, but the week-ends are never the same.

I also did my exercise on my treadmill too.

I hope everyone had a good week-end and a good week.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 08:29

Plan: Lower Fat/Moderate Carb
Stats: 160/103.5/100 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 94%

I'm still hanging in there. Can't decide if the RM is worth the restrictions of CAD.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 09:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Good Morning All,

Hope this will be a good week for everyone. Only one Bridesmaid left to get sized, she said she will do it Tuesday.

Dianee, Im glad you did so well.

Ann, hope you do ok with it. I like the restrictions and love the reward meal, kind of makes me feel in control.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 13:03
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Diane-
I get the same feeling when I change my RM- but it sounds like it was worth it!! I had pizza for my RM last night- a little overcarbed for me (the only vegies beside the salad were on the pizza), but a nice treat.
Wanted to share some big news- I started this WOL because of some very high blood test results, that put me at very high risk for heart disease. For the first time- I'm in the normal range!! My cholesterol profile is excellent too, so I am just so thankful for this WOL. Whenever I post that I did this for me and my health I REALLY mean it.
E
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 15:41
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%

hey all I did pretty good last night for Reward Meal even when faced with the endless choices of a buffet...yea me

worked out this am too
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 17:01

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

WTG Becca! and Enomarb your stats are astounding.. and I think it is wonderful that you did it for your health. Health is definitely part of it for me also.. but if I looked liked Jennifer Anitson naturally truthfully I probably wouldn't really do it.

Diane you always do great.. but glad you have added back in the exercise. Do you feel better when you do? I hate, hate, hate when I have my RM for lunch. Only in emergencies!

Amy, Glad the bridesmaid dresses are getting ordered.. make sure they are all going to be from the same dye lot. What I found with my DD's wedding is that they tried to soak us with the alterations... it helped when I started showing up and overseeing things.

Anleigh.. sorry you feel so restricted. I agree with Amy this WOE doesn't feel restrictive to me because I eat real food.. and no measuring. If this doesn't work for you though.. everyone is different.

Hope everyone has a great week.. Kandi
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 20:45

Plan: CAD
Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I am still here...just hahahaha. I have bronchitis and plurisy (sp?) and haven't done much lately. We have had 3 blizzards in 7 days. I weighed myself today and was up one lb. Oh well back on the wagon.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 05:02

Plan: Atkins but starting CALP
Stats: 209/153/138 Female 1.68m
BF:
Progress: 79%
Smile Hello! I'm new to CALP

Hello

I stopped work last October and carb creep started. Christmas was not good! I have now put on 7 kilos and given myself a good talking to . As I have thrown away all my big clothes I have plenty of incentive to go back to lowcarb. My clothes are a tad too tight and I refuse to by bigger ones. I have been doing 20 mins of Pilates every day for the past 2 months but as you know, and Banting said about 150 years ago, excercise doesn't help weight loss.
I have bought the CALD book and wondered if this plan could help my cravings more that Atkins.I tried induction and this time I put on weight I've read the posts and people on it seem to be getting good results. It certainly makes a lot of sense.
Anyway, here I am, sitting at my computer, my bottle of mineral water by side and hoping with your support to succeed in my aim of never having to buy those big clothes again. I started Sunday with the support of my husband, he even read the book!! so hopefully I'll do it.
Wishing you all a good CAD/CALP day
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 07:24

BF:

Fosca, Welcome to CAD/CALP

I think CALP is better than Atkins because you never feel deprived, so threfore, it so much easier to stick with it. You will be amazed how well you feel on CALP. You won't be hungry nor will you have any cravings. It is a great plan, as long as you use common sense with your RM. It will definitely help your cravings. You will be in control and it is such a wonderful feeling. You will never feel deprived because you know you can have something good at your RM.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with. Good Luck and post often.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 09:08

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hello

Wow, it is great to see so many faces in here..some new and some not-so-new!

I'm doing fine this week so far. Still struggling with RM balance, nothing really new there, and still trying to get back into my full exercise routine, instead of the piddly once-a-week-whether-I-need-it-or-not stuff that I have been doing lately.

Take care everyone!
Tracy
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 09:38

BF:

Dianee or anyone else - Please explain to me why CALP is better than CAD. I have read them both and for some reason I'm not really seeing a difference. Maybe because I am still in my two week entry period I'm just blind. Thanks a bunch.

Welcome Fosca - I started eating this way from Atkins to try to rid myself of some of my cravings. It has done a great job getting rid of them cravings. I just still get a little hungry and the weight doesn't seem to come off very easy. Oh well, only been on it 9 days now. Good Luck. I'm trying so hard to not give up just yet.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 10:32

BF:

Hi Anleigh,

There isn't too much difference between the 2 plans, except that CALP stresses more on the balancing part of your RM, than CAD. Also they have the different options included in CALP. Like for instance the Chromium option, the exercise option. I haven't read the CALP book in awhile, so I can't name all the different options, but I think there are 9 options. I am at work and don't have access to my book, but I am sure since you just read the book, you know what I mean.

I hope this helps.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 12:49

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi All

Just dropping by to say "hello". The scale is stuck for me, but I know if I stick to plan it will drop after TOM comes, so I keep CADing away

Have a good week all! TTYL
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 13:39

Plan: CAD
Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Mom it will come...don't get discouraged. I know this month I have been staying the same too.

Vel, it is hard to get back into routine after xmas. I am lucky, I have found a walking partner. It is dark early and I won't walk alone here. We have to wait a bit though, she broke her toe 2 weeks ago.

Today is going great, my big craving is for tomato and rice soup...so that will be supper. Does anyone else find they have weird cravings? Stuff they never ate before?
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 08:07

BF:

I'm still hanging in there. No more weight loss and I seem to be having a lot of problems sleeping. Any ideas on that.

I'm finding out that CADERS are not very well received on the Atkins forums. I put some thoughts out on it and got completely ignored. Is it really that misunderstood and I do wonder why more people don't try it; especially for getting rid of those cravings. Have a good CAD day everyone.