Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 14:29

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 255/249/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Hi Everyone!

I'm glad I found this site. So far it looks like it will very helpful. A little about me... I have been married for almost 4 years, and I have a son almost 18 months old. I'm a stay at home mom, and lovin' it.

I have finally got back on track! I have struggled with my weight pretty much since high school, so like 17 years. Even in my adult life I have yo-yo'd so much it's ridiculous. A few years ago, I did Atkins and lost 40 lbs. And then I got pregnant after trying for a couple years. When I was pregnant, I started out eating healthy, but then I fell into this trap of indulging myself, with sweets or whatever, and saying, it's okay because I'm pregnant. And then before you know it, all I'm eating is junk, and rarely eating healthy. And then once the baby was born, I just kept on eating. And then by last summer I found myself at my highest weight ever. I was miserable, both physically and mentally. But for some reason it has been hard for me to get back on track. I could just never get motivated enough. I have been seriously trying to lose weight since January. No formal plan, just my own thing. I would stay motivated for 2 or 3 weeks. Start losing weight and exercising again, and then poof...I'd fall of the wagon and be right back where I was.

Then last week something clicked. I just got this extremely strong desire to start taking care of myself. I want to be healthy, and feel good. I decided to look into the South Beach Diet, since I never had before. And it seems like a good fit for me. So far so good anyway. I'm on Day 4. The only thing that sucked was I had a horrible headache for 2 1/2 days that finally went away! So finally I'm starting to feel good.

I really wanted to find a message board because I'm hoping it will help me stay focused so I don't get sidetracked in a few weeks. So hopefully I will get to know a lot of you.

Jennifer
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 15:07
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome, Jennifer! It's nice to have you here!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 15:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185.8/185.8/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~jenpen~
Then last week something clicked.

Oh, I remember that moment! I had been feeling bad about myself for months -- watching the scale go up, trying to squeeze into my jeans -- and finally I said "enough is enough" and took charge. So glad you had that "ah ha" moment, too.

You are going to love this website -- so many knowledgeable people with loads of excellent advice. I try to log in everyday for inspiration and I hope you will, too.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 10:30
Creating my reality

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/259/190 Male 5'11"
BF:"TILT"
Progress: 57%

welcome.. glad you are here... This forum will help you get the support you need to create a healthier slimmer you.

T-man