Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-01, 18:48

Plan: Carbohydrate-Addict's Diet
Stats: 310/308/180
BF:
Progress:
Smile Hello to everyone, I'm new here

Hi to everyone at this site. I am very new to the concept of LC Lifestyle. I got excited about it while reading The Carbohydrate-Addict's Diet. I decided this could be my problem, and decided to give it a go. I have a lot of weight to lose and could use the support along the way. I always felt tired mid-afternoon, and this being only my third day I already feel more energy at that time.
I would appreciate any input from others who have been with this type of program for a while on how to stay motivated and stick with it.
Looking forward to success!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-01, 19:21
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard Mcnamom,

Glad you're feeling better. It usually takes 48+ hours to bread the addiction cycle and switch your body into a different mode of metabolism, and regain your energy,

Looking forward to hearing about your success.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-01, 22:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 324/253/150
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Hello to everyone, I'm new here

Hi, I'm Dizz. I was interested in your post because it looks like we have the same amount of weight to lose. I have been on the Atkins Diet for 31 days. I've only weighed in once at 6 days and had lost 10 pounds. I have been very careful so I hope that I have lost that much more.

I have found this diet to be quite easy in that I am not hungry and if I do stop at the fridge (you know just to check and make sure it is okay) then I have a pound of bacon fried and in a baggie for a quick snack.

Anyway, good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 01:39
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum mcnamom!

One of the ways to keep motivated is to celebrate small successes and to look back and congratulate yourself on what you've accomplished. Don't obsess on the scale or Ketostix, and never ever compare yourself to anyone else. Keep your mind open to any and all possibilites, 'cause you never know where the goose that lays the golden egg might be hiding!

You are unique and you should feel proud of that. Progress happens in small bits and big chunks, but you never know when, where or how. There will be many "aha" moments, which are great.

You may want to start a Journal in the Journal Bootcamp section of the forum. Read a few more books on LC, because with this way of life, knowledge is power!

Keep posting. This forum is a wonderful way to get feedback.

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 08:19

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Welcome to the forum, mcnamom! Many of here are on Atkins and Protein Power, but I believe we have some successful Carb Addicts. I have a couple of friends who have been quite successful on the program, losing weight and feeling healthier. You'll find lots of information and support here.

Rachel
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 17:28

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi mcnamom! welcome aboard!! you've come to the right place for support and motivation! we've a great bunch here! join in the fun!