Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 06:22

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Vouchers

Good News!!

It is looking as if we will have sufficient vouchers between us for us all to have a free starter tomorrow provided we also have a main course as well. For Lily and Twiglet who are bringing children the voucher could be used for a dessert instead!!!!

I propose that we order our food in groups of no more than four. This will make it easier to decide who owes what at the end of the bill. It will also be better as in theory only one voucher is valid per meal. I know I cleared this, but lets make it as good as possible.

The second thing is that we will need people to write there details on the back of the vouchers as we will need 10 different users on the vouchers. I hope that this will not cause anyone any problems. Thought I'd alert your to this ahead of the event, so you might want to have a pen in your handbag.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Remember we are sitting on the red seats at the back of the restaurant. We are in the non-smoking area and will be meeting between 12 30 and 12 45.

I have increased our table booking to 20. If anyone else does come I hope we can slip them on the end!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 06:58
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Sounds great. It's nice of all to share the vouchers for us who don't have any cause we've never been there before. It's appreciated. The boys would love dessert.

See you all tomorrow, Have a safe trip to Victoria park!

Lily
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 07:39
Keto-licious

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 211.6/208/200 Female 5ft 6"
BF:38/38%/20%
Progress: 31%

That's cool Anne - thanks for sorting it out!!!

See you tomorrow!

Lindy
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 07:41
Keto-licious

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 211.6/208/200 Female 5ft 6"
BF:38/38%/20%
Progress: 31%

PS - anyone who wants to check out the menu and prices beforehand, they can be viewed on the Cafe Rouge website:

www.caferouge.co.uk

there is a menu link from there!

Lindyx
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 13:10

Plan: LOWER CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stats: 150/131/138 Female 5ft4inches
BF:
Progress: 158%

hope u all have a wonderful day!!
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 15:36

Plan: dr clarks
Stats: 210/183/168 Female 5 ft 10inches
BF:43%
Progress: 64%

wooooooooooooooooooooo
cant wait to see you all
Matts in bed and has been for 2 days, really hot and dont no wots wrong, Dr checked him today for Meningitus but he has thankfully ruled that out!! So I will be there anyway alone or with someone!! depends who I meet on the way...lol
see you all 2moz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
twigs
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 18:25

Stats: 232/219.4/210 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hey everyone -

I can't make the meet , but I hope everyone has a good time!!! Let's try to have another one before the summer????

Cheers everyone - I'll be thinking of you at lunch.
-Lona
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 14:42

Plan: Generic Low Carb
Stats: 148/131/126 Female 5 ft 6"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Well, what a wonderful long lunch - arrived just before one, thanks to London transport's inefficiencies, and left just before six

Great to see so many people and to have time to chat about low-carb and other issues. The waitress seems to be getting the hang of the "no bread, no potatoes" mantra (!) and even offered to talk to the manager about a discount for us next time

The mushrooms are still superb, and although the service deserves an award as the slowest in any restaurant in London, to me that didn't really matter as the whole point of being there was to chat with other people while keeping the wolf from the door

Many thanks to Anne for organising it, and I look forward to meeting you all again in April
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 14:48
Rasputin

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hey Sylvia;

It was not to meet you and speak to you albeit briefly!

April sounds good!
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 14:53

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up A Great Meet

Well we certainly took over a large part of the Cafe Rouge in Victoria today. It was great to see everyone and have a lovely meal together. In the end there were 21 of us:

Little Anne, AF Wife plus DH and 2DS, Meggen and DH, Rasputin and DH, Twiglet and DS, Tortie, Sylvia UK, Demi, Lissa UK, Nitwit, Tholian8, Suleika, Dawn Renee, Katy 131, Sinbad.

There are photos and I have down loaded them, and will load them into my Webshots tomorrow. You will be able to see them from the www link in the profile line of this post. Will edit the post to post a direct link tomorrow.

There were free starters for the 12 who had them. There was also free coffee too. The restaurant may do us a deal if we make this a regular haunt. Will wait to hear from them.

Afterwards we adjourned to the Molly O'Grady pub for a chat and to mix more and meet those that we could not speak to at lunch.

We have decided to meet again on Saturday 3rd April and probably at the same place. We await to hear what the establishment has to offer.

It was great to see everyone. Thank you all for coming. So good that Nitwit was able to go on the tube on her own for the first time in 3 years - a real milestone for her, so well done girl.

PS Here is the link to the photos. Our first get together is also here. However, the few photos I took in December are still in my old camera!

Last edited by LittleAnne : Sun, Feb-08-04 at 03:05.
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 15:16
Rasputin

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Cheers for organising it, Anne, and for looking after us!

*hugs*
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 15:18
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

Very cool to meet everybody! Looking forward to the next one.

Emily
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 15:23
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

It was so nice to get to meet everyone. Though I didn't get to mingle much thanks to my screaming child. I hope to catch you all again someday and chat a bit more. Your all wonderful and beautiful people. I just wish I could have spent more time talking with you all instead of calming Lance down.

Oh well, there will be other meetings and this time a babysitter too.

Little Anne I just adored you!

Lily
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 15:40

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Also wanted to say how great it was to meet everyone today - new and old - hope to see you all at the next one

Thanks to Anne for taking the time and trouble to organise Cafe Rouge for us and, again, many apologies for my mistake over the vouchers
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 16:26

Plan: dr clarks
Stats: 210/183/168 Female 5 ft 10inches
BF:43%
Progress: 64%

Well Matt and I have not long been in!!! we had a fab time and Matt wants to come again in April!!!! We went shopping afterwards and then on to Bluewater! Then Matt was still hungry and we went on to KFC and while he munched on all his CARBS I walked around Sainsburys!!
I had a smashing day, thankyou Anne. Can't wait to see you all again, my only let down was not being able to sit and natter with you all. Tortie darling I can't wait to see you again, it was so nice to put faces to names!
Anthony you are a DS and I will never forget those georgeous big brown eyes!!! you are a stunner and Lancelot you are going the same way..
Demi I'd forgotton about the Voucher's...lol next time!
see you all soon
and apologies to those I never got to speak to
loads of love Debs (twig) xx