Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Dec-10-04, 13:57
Registered Member

Plan: veggies-low carb
Stats: 177/173/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default help please

How do I put a URL under my messages like the one above from ticker central? I went to the cite and created one but I dont know how to include it here?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 17:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/216/142 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I eat an occasional fish but other than that it's strictly veggies, raw nuts, tofu and beans. I feel better when I eliminate all dairy.
Hugs, Angel
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 07:13
Registered Member

Plan: Pesco vegetarian/lowcarb
Stats: 180/175/127 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Angel

I have to cook for my family , and I taste the meat to make sure it is flavored correctly, I am a vegetarian majority of the time , fish every now and then Do you have this problem or everyone is a veggan around you!!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 17:59
Registered Member

Plan: I make it up as I go
Stats: 265/234/215 Male 74 in and shrinking
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeljandy
... I feel better when I eliminate all dairy.

I have to agree with you about the dairy. I don't do well if I have very much. Give me a half a cup of milk and I'll be miserable all day, and beef, pork, lamb, venison makes my arthritis worse and now that i haven't had red meat for so long it even makes me nauseous. But I have to admit that I still love the smell of a steak on the grill. I'm weak, but I'm trying.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 07:07
Registered Member

BF:
Default Redbeared

I like fluffy , you may my day!
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 11:28
Registered Member

BF:

My daughter sent that to me in a birthday card. She and I had gone to a weight loss doctor together. She was only dropping about 15 pounds, and I needed the major program.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 07:11
Registered Member

BF:
Default Where do you guys get your protein and energy!!

Some times I feel tired, sluggish, do you take any thing special for energy, I do take a multi-vitamin, b6,zinc, anyting you all may suggest, Nuts are full of fat, do you all eat raw nuts, I hate tofu, I like veggie burgers
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 16:54
Registered Member

BF:

Getting on LC can cause a little loss of energy and stamina at first, but just keep it up and do whatever exercise you can and before you know it you'll be feeling normal again, or in my case, better than "normal".
It takes a little commitment, but after your body quits complaining about no blood sugar, you'll be fine.
I had a physical 2 weeks ago and didn't tell them that I was LC'ing until after the blood work came back. They told me that EVERYTHING looked great and that it couldn't possibly be better.
No hint of:
diabetes (which runs in my family)
Kidney disease (which doesn't run in my family)
or any other diseases incident to age.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 21:33

Plan: make it up as i go along
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5"9
BF:
Progress:
Default Guess I'm a Pesc. (That's Pesh)

Hello.
I'm not truly a veggie, being pescetarian, but here is my quandry: As a musician who sings while playing the piano for hours at a time, I need to find a way to keep my energy going without having huge amounts of dairy (too much makes my voice cloudy).

I have lost weight (size 12 to size 6) over the past two years by my own sort of French/Euro small portions thing, but now that I'm playing more shows, I can't sustain my energy with like one slice of bread, know what I mean?

So, I am really into checking out the world of low-carb as it is applies to my fish eating, piano playing self.

Your thoughts are most appreciated.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 11:14

Plan: atkins/pesco-veggie
Stats: 115/115/115 Female 64.5"
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi jenvieve! that was my name in french class back in high school, just had to share that

i'm a pesco-vegetarian too, and i find the low carb lifestyle to be quite compatible with it. my protein sources come from all forms of seafood, low-lactose cottage cheese (and other low lactose dairy sources), eggs, and legumes. a lot of the veggie products are also great. the only problem you could potentially run into is not eating enough fat (since most fish is lean as are our other protein sources), so be sure to include in your diet olive oil and avocados, fatty fish, and a moderate amount of nuts and seeds.

good luck to you!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-05, 07:31
Registered Member

BF:
Cool pecco -veggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecan
hi jenvieve! that was my name in french class back in high school, just had to share that

i'm a pesco-vegetarian too, and i find the low carb lifestyle to be quite compatible with it. my protein sources come from all forms of seafood, low-lactose cottage cheese (and other low lactose dairy sources), eggs, and legumes. a lot of the veggie products are also great. the only problem you could potentially run into is not eating enough fat (since most fish is lean as are our other protein sources), so be sure to include in your diet olive oil and avocados, fatty fish, and a moderate amount of nuts and seeds.

good luck to you!

I had completely drop chicken and fish I feel so tired , maybe you right I need something else , I do eat nuts .
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 00:00

Plan: make it up as i go along
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5"9
BF:
Progress:
Default A multitasking question

I am paranoid about gaining old weight back (which I had previously lost through smaller portions, more water, and a bit of walking and yoga (French Women Don't Get Fat kind of thing).
Good ideas on nuts and avocados and all of that.
Do you let yourself have carbs in small portions?
So nice to chat with other pescos...
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 08:18
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenvieve
I am paranoid about gaining old weight back (which I had previously lost through smaller portions, more water, and a bit of walking and yoga (French Women Don't Get Fat kind of thing).
Good ideas on nuts and avocados and all of that.
Do you let yourself have carbs in small portions?
So nice to chat with other pescos...

yes I do I am trying to do veggie style completely, but it is hard for me to give up a grilled chicken salad sometimes, my weakness , I do eat fish I really have cut out fried, limit my sugar intake ,dairy and starches, i eat yogurt that is about all , only swiss or mozzerello if I have to have it.