Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 06:20
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Talking I'm proud of myself! And proud of you too!!

I'm thinking this morning about how much has changed with my eating habits since last Christmas. I'm readng around the board, particularly from newbies, that they're having a really hard time resisting all the treats that surround them, or hot bread at a restaurant, etc. That's SO normal and it gets easier with time. I think back on how out of control I was prior to LC. I would think NOTHING of popping a couple of cookies in my mouth or 2 extra hot rolls at dinner or completely grazing like a cow at a Christmas buffet!! Now I resist all those things almost effortlessly. If I do snitch a cookie here or there, I'm sometimes racked with guilt and remorse ....over ONE cookie??!?!? I think I could count on one hand the number of cookies I've had in 9 months!! I could count on two hands the number of times I've had a totally illegal treat like cookies, or a slice of cake or pie or candy bar. And I feel guilty???? What is that about?! I have eliminated the fear that I will permanently fall off the wagon for something like that....that ain't gonna happen. This is a person who used to eat M&M's to control her blood sugar DAILY!! I think I've proven to myself that I am in control. And NO, Donald , I'm not looking to give myself further permission to eat sweets! I'm observing how far I've come in my ability to resist "goodies"....they really have very little power over me any more. We'll see how good I do over Xmas.... I may just really dig in my heels and go LC all the way just to prove to myself that I can.

I think I'm doing just FINE!! I am proud of myself!

I'm proud of ALL OF US!!! We're here, we're committed, we're DOING IT!!!!

Last edited by TeriDoodle : Thu, Dec-19-02 at 11:18.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 06:32

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default What encouraging words

Just the words we need to get a boost as we enter the hardest part of the holidays. And yes, as another long timer, I agree that it does get easier with time. In fact, we might just find that the things we crave don't taste anywhere near as yummy as you remembered them.

I'm proud of us all too Teri. I'm proud of the long timers who have faced the challenges and won. I'm proud of those that have gotten over the initial hump and are planning strategies for the holidays. I'm proud of the new folks who picked a particularly difficult time of year to start making significant changes in their lives. And finally I'm proud of those folks that don't make it through the holidays "legally" but put it behind then and keep on marching down the LC road.

Great post Teri. Very supportive words to take us through the holidays.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 08:46
Registered Member

Plan: LC + LowER Cal (~1500)
Stats: 159/155/145?
BF:16%, goal 6-7%
Progress: 5%

Just the motivation i needed! As a newbie, I'm thrilled to hear that the cravings diminish. I was doing Atkins for a while and then i screwed up. All my cravings came back erg! Today I'm going to a strict induction diet to see if I can get into ketosis again.

This Christmas I'm going to lose weight, not gain!
Good luck to everyone out there!

Alex
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 11:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/133.5/125
BF:
Progress: 50%

Teri, I just have to tell you that when I first started (in August) it was reading one of your posts saying that the cravings diminished - and that when you'd let yourself "cheat" the food hadn't even tasted as good as you'd been thinking it would, that got me through the first couple of weeks. It helped me so much to know that those things would happen - my taste buds would change, my cravings disappear, and that I'd be perfectly happy letting the bread basket sit untouched when I went out to eat! And you were absolutely right. So, I just wanted to take this chance to send you a belated thank you!

kiwi
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 11:16
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Thank you, Kiwi!!! You just made my WEEK !!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 11:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/133.5/125
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner! I guess I owe you 10 pounds!

kiwi