Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-05-01, 01:36

Plan:
Stats: 143/141/130
BF:
Progress:
Wink

Hi there,
I have just discovered this site and am so impressed by the support network behind it.

I have been on a low carb program (20g per day) for 2 weeks.

Week 1 I was very good and lost 4 lbs. Week 2 my ketone readings were negative even though I felt I had been good. I felt felt defeated and broke the diet by drinking wine then proceeding to consume vast quantities of wedges and spring rolls!! So week 2 I actually gained 1lb! I then felt worse and broke the diet for another few days.

I am at the beginning of week 3 now and finding this website is a godsend! I am already feeling like there are other people out there who understand!

I have found the program difficult in that the food seems boring I and don't have time to cook very often. Looks like there is no easy way and I will have to be more devoted.

It looks like it will be a long road. But thanks to this website the journey may be a little easier.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-05-01, 06:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/183/120
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi, Hang in there. Go to Daily Low-Carber section and read my thread on "I gave in to Candy". It's not easy but with the support system here it really help. There are alot of really intelligent people on here that are willing to help. I can read the posting and feel so much better.

There are alot of helpful suggestions. This is the first food plan that I have tried that I really did get an energy boost. My draggy feeling I had last night has gone away, and I feel better today.

Take care and have a great low-carb trip.

Borlisch (Barb)
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-05-01, 07:36
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard Kelsie!

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-05-01, 07:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome,

Ahhh, I too had the fear of cooking (such a busy life) and becoming bored with this woe.

I have been eating this way since the begining of March. Its not that bad actually. I do cook a bit more then usual, but you do adjust and begin to feel better about it. Not to mention proud of the dishes too

Don't forget to check the recipes out, they are a help too!

Kelsie, make snacks like boiled eggs, have dill pickles on hand and cheese's. Pick up pork rinds, salads to help with the evening snacking. You can buy sugar free chocolate too, if you have a sweet tooth, just watch your carb intake!

Wendy
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-05-01, 18:10

Plan:
Stats: 143/141/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks for the support

Thanks for your words of encouragement!
I will attempt some recipes on this site!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-05-01, 23:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Go for it, Kelsie!

Wendy's right....the best way to handle induction (and indeed LC in general) is to be prepared with plenty of LC food and snacks on hand at all times. I cook whole chickens and whole roasts (OK, small ones!) just for me, and keep them in the fridge to be heated up for meals or eaten cold for snacks. I make beef jerky so I've got something easy and portable for eating on the run. I keep pumpkin seeds in the shell for nibbling, and lots of celery and other low-carb veggies in the fridge.

Sometimes it's a bit of a pain, 'cause we can't slap together sandwiches or heat up a ready-made pizza - we have to put a bit more effort into planning and cooking. But after a while, it gets to be a habit.

If you can, clear your cupboards out - get rid of all the carby stuff you won't be eating and replace it with low-carb stuff. It all takes a bit of planning and reorganizing, but no more than any other lifestyle change, and eventually, it gets to be a whole lot of fun as you discover new foods and new ways of preparing them.

Rachel