Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-16, 09:52
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Thanks Chrissie. My CN is Saturday, so lots of time to get down to 180. Whether my body will accommodate my desires is yet to be seen.

Not to worry, Rox. Go enjoy your vacation, and you'll get any gains off fast. You always drop 'em faster than me, for sure. I'm envious of how well this WOE has been successful for you. You've lost A LOT on it!
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-16, 08:27
Patience Personified

Easy come; easy go. I ate both bacon and salami on the same day so I have a 1.6# sodium bounce today. Grrrrrr. Salami just made my list. I will never buy it again and dare Lance to bring it into the house again.

But it's just Tuesday, so I have 4 more weigh-ins before CN to get it off and maybe get down to down close to 180?
  #318   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-16, 08:31

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Cool good morning ladies!

i am down a very nice 2.6 lbs this morning

PEGGY......sorry for your bounce

ROX......enjoy your trip without guilt; you will get back to it upon your return

PAULETTE......
  #319   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-16, 07:13
Patience Personified

WTG Chrissie!! I'm down .8# to 183.0 today.

Last edited by Buttoni : Wed, Sep-07-16 at 08:27.
  #320   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-16, 16:10

Lightbulb peggy.....

thank you!
way to go YOU too!!
today i was stable
hopes & prayers we see another loss tomorrow
  #321   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-16, 06:26
Patience Personified

I weighed 180.2 today, so I dropped 2.6#! I'm changing my BP med this week from a beta blocker (known to be insulinogfenic) to a new one (that isn't) I may start losing better and more regularly. I've thought it was that damn medicine all along. My doctor yesterday sure was pleased to hear I'd lost over 16# (now 19#) and that I've started a daily walking regimen (3 mouths now).

May everyone meet a new, lower number on the scale today!
  #322   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-16, 07:52

Cool good morning ladies!

i am down a pound this morning!!
and i find it funny too, 'cuz i wound up eating a little over 1800 cals and 29 total carbs yesterday . i thought for sure i might have a bounce this morning.
i have been finding lately that when i go a little higher cal/carb wise, i sometimes lose BETTER than if i keep the cals under 1100 and the total carbs under 20.
very confusing......our bodies are so weird

PEGGY......way to go girlfriend!! . that's quite a whoosh!! i'll bet you are THRILLED

i hope everyone has a good day, wherever they are
  #323   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-16, 10:34
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 170.0/165.6/150.0 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hello . I dropped in to see what I could see and what I saw were two dedicated people It must be something in the air I see you are all doing nicely and I still have hopes of joining you in the year to come.
  #324   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-16, 16:47

Lightbulb

HI SUZI!!!!
  #325   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-16, 16:54

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
I weighed 180.2 today, so I dropped 2.6#! I'm changing my BP med this week from a beta blocker (known to be insulinogfenic) to a new one (that isn't) I may start losing better and more regularly. I've thought it was that damn medicine all along. My doctor yesterday sure was pleased to hear I'd lost over 16# (now 19#) and that I've started a daily walking regimen (3 mouths now).

May everyone meet a new, lower number on the scale today!

YAY Peggy!!!!! Congratulations on your new low!!!

#326   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-16, 17:53
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 170.0/165.6/150.0 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieL
HI SUZI!!!!

HI CHRISSIE
  #327   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-16, 06:54
Patience Personified

Thanks, Meme and Chrissie. Welcome Suzie.

I had a sodium bounce today and weighed 181.8. But I expected it. Ate some cheese yesterday at lunch and bacon both at breakie and dinner.

Hubs is in the hospital having some heart-related tests after some breathing problems Wed., so water consumption was down yesterday. Trying to remedy that today. But it's still my lowest wt. since starting even with that little bounce up. Will try to avoid the known sodium clad foods better today. Hubs just called and they snuck an angiogram in today without the team of 6 cardiologists informing him of that yesterday. They had about concluded his symptoms were just related to his Amiodorone heart med for A-fib, which is a powerful med with many down sides. He is NOT happy about this test or not having been informed of it by the docs. The CNA said they were withholding his breakie for his "procedure" and that was the first he had heard of it! They go in through the leg up tot he heart with a mini camera. They must have seen something else in his CT after they left our room they want to take a closer look at. I'll go up at noon to check in on all this since the doctors seem to come in in the afternoons.
  #328   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-16, 07:23

Cool tGif!!

good morning ladies!! i am stable this morning

hi MEME!! it has been a while.....hope all is well with you

SUZI-Q......

PEGGY......i hope all will be okay with your hubby!! please keep us posted

okay girls....i am off to work in a few hrs, and after work we are heading down the shore, so i will be LOA until monday morning.
have a GLORIOUS weekend, and i hope the scales are kind

laters baby
  #329   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-16, 09:23
Patience Personified

OK, several foul ups at the hospital. We had NOT misinterpreted what the team of 6 cardios said. Even the floor doctor was surprised to see Lance still there today, as he had interpreted what they said just as we had the day before. He looked into it for us. The team of 6 cardiologists said they DO think it's an Amiorodorone side effect and are going to drop that med until he can see his regular cardiologist. They did want two tests done outpatient before he saw his personal cardo in a couple weeks, and they were going to set up that earlier appt. for us. They had NOT ordered up an angiogram for him today (wonder what patient on the floor GOT their breakfast and therefore missed their angiogram today??).

I'll bet what really happened is the proper person left for the day & failed to submit discharge papers/orders to the floor nurse. At 6pm, when they still had no discharge orders, I just had to get home as my pup had been "holding it" for 8 hours and although flawlesly house-trained, that's pretty much her outside limit on holding urine. Her little bladder is about the size of a thimble.

I also though that for insurance claims filings, doctors really have to justify every day they keep you over in a hospital, so with no tests ordered, for insurance to pay, they then tried to arrange the stress test for in-patient at 1pm (last night they had said he could do that out-pt) so the extra day in the hospital would be coverable by insurance.

I've worked in hospitals, with private doctors, with insurance claims filing, and I also know when one person leaves for the day without tying up their day's loose ends and following up on hanging phone calls they should return, it can really start a chain reaction of obfuscation, nobody owning up to anything and very unhappy people downstream. I'm not buying any of this.

The female/ lead cardio in the room late yesterday with the team doing most of the talking came in today to talk to Lance and said she thought "your wife" wasn't pleased with their conclusion so they ordered up an angiogram and stress test and it was too late last night to schedule them before today. WTH? I guess she thought we'd buy all that. Man, I was just sitting in the corner of the room the whole time and didn't utter a word when they told us what they thought was going on. They just need to own this f-up and say what happened. They know. There are mistakes and internal communications failures, but admit it and don't try to dream up such a cockamamie excuse. Grrrrrr.

Anyway, Lance may or may not have a stress test at 1pm and he may of may not get to come home today. Who knows? :{

Last edited by Buttoni : Fri, Sep-09-16 at 09:28.
  #330   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-16, 06:02
Patience Personified

Well, looks like the foul ups worked to our advantage because they found "multiple" blockages (don't know how many) in his heart during the stress test. Want to do an angiogram Monday for a closer look-see and those aren't done on weekends. Lance was really not a happy camper when I left the hospital last night staring at a boring weekend in there again. And who knows how long after that?

Looks like some surgery is looming on the horizon for placing multiple stents. Sadly, The Piper will have his just dues for lifestyle decisions we make when younger. The damage is done over years and those "downstream issues" are finally knocking at Lance's door. He could never EVER in 40 years take me seriously when I said you need to get your weight off. If he'd have been willing to do Atkins with me 7 years ago, he'd have gotten the weight off and likely would have not been facing bypass surgery right now. But I've learned you simply CANNOT diet for someone else. THEY have to want to lose themselves, and he just never did. He got very comfortable being overweight despite the fact he could barely put his socks on in the morning. I cook right at meals; he eats right at meals. But then he adds on bread, candy and junk day in and day out and gains, gains, gains.

I thought when the T2D diagnosis came that he might change his diet and do straight low-carb with me. But alas, no. Even on the CNS plan, with the all-you-want cheat night, he will still cheat the other 6 days when I go to bed before he does. But I know he is, because he isn't losing weight on ultra low carb 6 days a week like I am.

I knew, given his personality, we'd be facing all this health stuff one day, but I hate to see him (and me) go through all this. It changes your life to one of constant dr. appts., virtually tying you down from any travel. I know he sure isn't going to like the diet the doctor puts him on. It'll likely be a lot worse than my ULC CNS! My best friend of 40+ years just had a full-blown heart attack and 2 stents put in and they let her eat basically zero carb + avocados daily. And Lance isn't very fond of them, in guacamole with Mexican food.

Last edited by Buttoni : Sat, Sep-10-16 at 06:17.