Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-05, 16:17

Plan: Whole30 (Paleo)
Stats: 600/253/225 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default Favorite CMs? RMs?

Hi all!

This has probably been done already before but why not do it again. I am always looking for new meal ideas so i was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their favorite CM ideas and balanced RMs as well???

Thanks!
Mike
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-05, 20:29

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

One of my favorite CMs is a large bowl of spring salad greens with cucumbers, radishes, peppers, celery, feta cheese, boiled egg cut up, tuna, salmon or smoked ham topped with salad dressing and sprinkled with parmesan cheese and shredded cheddar...yummy!
This is really filling and satisfies me til dinner, no problem. I have this almost every day for lunch..I just love it.
Can't wait til tomorrow..
Mary-Ann
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-05, 22:27

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Yum yum!!!!!!!!

CM's are usually just one "item". Like 5 pieces of thin-sliced bacon; or a piece of cheese; or a hot dog...something like that. Lately I've been trying to be sure to get a veggie in for my CM so sometimes I'll have an egg with green pepper mixed in. Yummy yummy. You know what's REALLY fantastic? Crumbled bacon (fresh-cooked), eggs and green peppers all together.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 06:14

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default well..

I don't know if I would say it is my 'favourite', but what I eat a lot is baby spinach, sometimes with a little romaine or iceburg lettuce, with some protein mixed in...usually 2 hard boiled eggs, sometimes rottiserie chicken or other meat. This is topped with ranch salad dressing. I eat this a LOT, mostly because I believe the spinach is very nutritious and the protein holds me till dinner time. It is also easily portable for taking to work.

On the weekend I tend to eat just breakfast and RM, and breakfast is usually a couple of scrambled eggs and some bacon, or a western omelet.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 07:35

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

My CMs are mostly chicken breast or hamburger patties, sometimes I play around with cooking them like grilling or baking adding spices. This weekend I baked some chicken breasts with fajita spices and peppers & onions

I also love this No Crust Pizza from Linda's LowCarb Recipes http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/index.html;

NO CRUST PIZZA
1 pound ground beef
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry minced onion
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1/4 cup pizza sauce (I use a sugar free sauce.)
4 ounces mozzarella cheese
2 ounces canned mushrooms, 1/2 can (I use the whole can!)
11 slices pepperoni

In a greased 10-inch glass pie plate, mix ground beef (uncooked), salt, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic and parmesan cheese. Press into plate to form a crust. Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, then the mushrooms and pepperoni. Bake at 350º 40-45 minutes. Carefully remove "pizza" from the pan and place on a serving plate. Discard grease. Makes 4-6 servings

Per 1/4 Recipe: 330 Calories; 23g Fat; 26g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate

My veggies are usally steamed caulifower or cabbage with butter, or a lrg green salad with mixed greens, a little onions and cheese. I like to change the different types of dressing; ranch, ceasar, balasmic vinegrette, and blue cheese

My RMs are usally whatever my family is eating, and that varieties since they are not CAs
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 08:44

Plan: CAD
Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Mine is poached salmon on a bed of salad greens with tartar sauce on the side.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 13:11

BF:

Yum Jill, thanks for the no crust pizza..my family love pizza and so do I but I make theirs with my own bread crust and it's great that now I can have my own.
I love adding black olives, a few slices of raw onions and some feta cheese and make it a Greek pizza...
Mary-Ann
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 15:07

BF:

Glendora wrote;
CM's are usually just one "item". Like 5 pieces of thin-sliced bacon; or a piece of cheese; or a hot dog...something like that

Have I been doing this all wrong???
I thought the CM was a meal with veggies and protien without high carbs or veggies that cause cravings with no more than 4 carbs per meal.
I don't know if I can survive on 5 slices of bacon or something equally small in the morning or lunch and not eat til my RM for dinner..doens't seem like enough calories to me.
Mary-Ann
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 17:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspesiene
Glendora wrote;
CM's are usually just one "item". Like 5 pieces of thin-sliced bacon; or a piece of cheese; or a hot dog...something like that

Have I been doing this all wrong???
I thought the CM was a meal with veggies and protien without high carbs or veggies that cause cravings with no more than 4 carbs per meal.
I don't know if I can survive on 5 slices of bacon or something equally small in the morning or lunch and not eat til my RM for dinner..doens't seem like enough calories to me.
Mary-Ann

No, Mary-Ann. You're doing this right. The CM definitely is supposed to incorporate vegetables (no more than 4 grams of carbs per serving). I have been "bad" and not eating my veggies until RM time. So today, for instance, I had green peppers in my eggs to incorporate the necessary veggie.

Generally, CAD is supposed to be three meals a day (for some people, three meals plus a snack). This just happens to work out better for me.

Don't worry. You're doing great!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 19:13

BF:

Phew!!! Thanks, G, I was so worried..so it's 4 grams of carbs per serving with no more than 6 grams of carbs for the whole meal, right?
I read the books when I was still eating lots of sugar which may have explained why I could have not obsorbed all the necessary information..lol
OK..we're back on track..
Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it.
Mary-Ann
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 21:18

BF:

Mary-Ann, no problem. I think you're going to love CAD. I really love this WOE.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 11:17
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%

When I am doing CAD I seem to lose weight best when I keep CM's simple and not overly large, enough to satisfy but not stuff me. If I get to making a lot of special low carb recipes maybe I just eat too much...lol

I eat tuna salad on a green salad for lunch a lot, just because its quick and easy. I'm recently eating a lot of wraps made with the lettuce leaves I found at Wal-MArt called Lettuce Jammers its a large leaf, sturdy and pliable. I like grilled chicken with bannana peppers, green peppers, red onion and a little tomato and mayo all wrapped up. ALso taco meat, sour cream, a little salsa or hot sauce, maybe tomatoes and few balck olives all wrapped up.

For Reward Meals the best thing is that I can eat regular family meals...On Sunday I made Rotisserie chicken, Fresh green beans, scaloped potatoes, med salad to start with bacon tomato dressing and small slice watermelon to finish...although I skipped watermelon that night myself
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 18:17

Plan: calp
Stats: 185/140/130 Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

man, becca, you sure know how to add variety to your meals. I am so boring with my meals. I usually have a hb egg of fried egg for breakfast, a can of tuna or a couple of baked chicken legs for lunch, and then RM is whatever I want, but I'm trying to only have small portions, something like the school cafeteria plate used to be. I think I've finally learned that if I eat till I'm stuffed at my reward meal, I don't lose any weight. Bye, Amy.
PS: keep on posting your menus, they are helping me not be so boring.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 19:37

Plan: Whole30 (Paleo)
Stats: 600/253/225 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 93%

Wow!! Such great ideas all around! Thanks so much everyone for posting on here!

Mike
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 07:04
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Good morning-

My CM for breakfast is always 2 eggs with cheese (feta or cheddar or whatever aged cheese I have around) and 2 slices of turkey bacon. Boring but it does the job.

CM lunches are usually a salad with some kind of protein- chicken, shrimp, turkey, or tuna. Very rarely a burger. Lots of salad.

E