Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 07:12
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%
Default CAD/CALP: WEEK of 2/21-2/28/05

Good monday morning! Hope all are well. We have lots of new and returning and not-so-new faces in the forum, so greetings to all.

What do you think about a STICKY THREAD on the top of our forum that is a DAILY add-on thread. Protein Power and Maintenance have one, and it's a way to always have a general place to post and catch up. Z is,IMHO, the person to start it if we think it's a good idea. We also need a name- PP calls it the Java Room, I think.All you creative types out there (not me!)- help!

Back to CALP- having a good week, with a couple of glitches. knew I had business dinners on Fri and Sat, and planned that I would go over 60 min, but both meals went over 2 hours. I had a balanced meal for RM, but it went way too long. Being on maintenance I am more flexible, but....
No cravings or weight gain or stuff I expercted, but I woke up at 3am both Sat and Sun, and could not get back to sleep. I used to do that a lot pre- CALP, and hardly ever do it anymore. So.....
back to 60 minutes. Last night friends wanted to go out, but instead I had them over for dinner and we had a RM in 60. Felt good.
E
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 08:06

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Good Morning Eno and Everyone

Its raining here. I miss the sunshine. This is the 2nd straight day of it

I am doing good been on plan for 10 days now, no sugar. Yay! I hope everyone has a good Monday and if you have sunshine I hope you are out enjoying it

TTYL
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 08:31

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

I'm going to start posting daily for the support. Today is my first day back on this program. I did quite well in 2002, and just thought I could maintain with exercise alone. Well my weight creeped back up to 150, that is sort of when the alarm in my brain goes off, "~#$%%$&%*&%$$#~$$#" I MUST do SOMETHING!! And FAST!!!

So I went through old journals and dusted off my CAD book, skimmed it real quick, then "re"started this morning.

Breakfast- cup of coffee w/ cream and about 3 oz. turkey

Lunch- 4 oz. turkey pastrami and a cucumber.

Dinner- nachos w/ shredded beef, coke and crunchie bar
<Not a balance RM, but when I did CAD before I didn't start balancing my RM until I hit a stall, we'll see what happens this time around>

Last edited by SummerSlim : Mon, Feb-21-05 at 15:38.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 08:39
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Welcome back SummerSlim!!! Glad to have you. You do so much exercise!! I really respect you for that.

OK, we need to think of a name.

I was thinking 60 Minute Mamas(Diners), RM Feasters, CADette Cheerleaders, Once a Day Miracles

Any other ideas
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 08:51

Z- thanks, I'm glad to be back. Exercise doesn't do it alone though! I think I just need to make CAD a WOL, then I'll be just fine. I love exercise, it makes me feel so good! But I've been getting discouraged, because of no weight loss.

I can't wait for the weeks to go by, I KNOW from past experience that this plan works for me. I wish my parents would try it, but I guess exeryone needs to make their own decisions.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 10:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well good morning everyone, I had another weekend off plan and have decided to get rid of the scale for a while. I will probably take measurements instead, haven't decided yet.

Them are great ideas Z, except the mama's one that might push away the men from joining. I am not too creative but if I think of something I will let you know.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 10:41

BF:
Progress: 0%

Ooh, what about "Hour (our) Endulgence Room"
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 10:51

How about "Hour Power" it makes us sound strong, and in control.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 10:58

Stats: 204/145/120 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%
Cool This weekend started out all right, but then Sunday

night I just don't know what happened. Got into the Girl Scout cookies Oh well, can't lament too much, today's another day. I think I'm going to put the scale away for a while also...I think I can tell more by the way clothes fit. Still in my 4's and 6's, so that's not too bad. But I really need to better control again...stick to real food, nothing processed; no Atkin's bars, and stuff like that. Hope everyone has a nice rest of the day...out to the mall. I am planning on having a nice cup of decaf from Starbucks, already had my lunch at home, so no temptations, I hope

Victoria
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 11:51
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 195/187/&;150 Female 62"
BF:34%
Progress: 9%
Default Sick of Snow!

Yesterday was beautiful and I went out to brunch with family - was so delighted to be able to switch my RM - flexibility is such a great asset of this WOE. Found I was able to find LOTS of goodies at the buffet table - wasn't able to start with a salad though
However, found I wasn't even hungry again till around 8 pm when I has celery and cream cheese.
Really thought I'd find the scale down a little this morning, but no such luck! A lot of you mention measurements - never even THOUGHT of that! The scale has ruled my life for so many years, I'd forgotten there can be other ways (weighs?) to measure success.
For the last few years I've had a real edema problem (dr. prescribed lasix) and had been skipping my pills as per suggestions in CALP book, but I think I'd better go back to them - at least for a while.
The best thing was NO cravings at the buffet table - what was "good" for me was more appealing that what wasn't!
Tommow is my weekaversarie!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 12:54

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hello

Hour Power is good.. or CADettes Cafe??

I have had a bit of a gruelling week. I was ill all last week as was everyone in the family. Even the cat was throwing up! Well, on Sat morning my CO detector was going off. The fire department came and we had dangerous levels of CO so we had to leave the house. Then the gas company came and determined that it was our ancient furnace causing the trouble. So...long story short, after two rather freezing nights in a house with no heat, a new furnace was installed this morning. That is good.. but the big bill is not so good. I had to get a 'new' vehicle last week too, since my old van wouldn't pass the required emmissions test anymore and I couldn't licence it.

Well...hopefully that is the end of the excitement for a while. I am happy to go back to a nice normal pace now.

Its wonderful that stressful situations like this don't lead anymore to excess eating. That was always the first repsonse I had to anything that upset me.

I'm back to work today and feeling pretty good, all things considered. Everyone in the family feels a lot better now. Even the cat
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 16:06
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Wow Tracy!!! You and you family was blessed!!! That's probably what was making you all so sick!!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 16:07
Finding the Pieces

BF:

I like Hour Power.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 17:41