Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#466   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-06, 22:44

Plan: Low carb/Low cal
Stats: 210/160/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Guys!
I'm new to the forum as well. I've been kind of skimming through the posts here but could not read them all. I'm sure the questions I need are there somewhere but in the meantime, I'm going to ask again anyway. Simply put, I need ideas on how to do a low carb/low calorie diet at the same time. I mean it seems like the food that are low carb are high calorie and the things that are low calorie are high high carb. How do you balance the two? What should I be eating? What is a good number to stick to for carbs and calories a day? I'm at my wits end these days trying to lose 15 pounds. I'm very frustrated and discouraged and have been eating like crazy all evening. Please help! Email me if necessary.

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
  #467   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 18:41

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 157/157/145 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi everyone,
I am fairly new myself I have been on low carb diets on and off for a while. I am just trying to get these 10-20 pounds off that I just can't seem to shake! SO I am soing the PSMF. I would love to continue posting here for insipiration and to keep me on track! Even just reading them keep sme pretty motivated! I just wan tto get these last pounds off so PSMF here I come! Thanks for all the interesting (and funny0 postings!

Ekelly
  #468   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 20:22

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekelly
Hi everyone,
I am fairly new myself I have been on low carb diets on and off for a while. I am just trying to get these 10-20 pounds off that I just can't seem to shake! SO I am soing the PSMF. I would love to continue posting here for insipiration and to keep me on track! Even just reading them keep sme pretty motivated! I just wan tto get these last pounds off so PSMF here I come! Thanks for all the interesting (and funny0 postings!

Ekelly

Have you bought the booklet? You really need to understand how to do the diet properly...estimating what Category you are in will tell you how and when and if to do a carb re-feed, take free meals etc.

So before we can discuss it we need to know all this, plus other info like current BF estimate, how tall you are, etc.

I was on the PSMF for close to 2 months to get off most of it, but also had to do weights training which has made a big difference. Since stopping the PSMF about a year ago I have been on a lower calorie maintenance diet (being 67 I don't need as many calories as younger ones) with carbs under about 100g a day or thereabouts. Given that one has the occasional big calorie evening out, it all tends to average out and so have been maintaining in the 135-137 lb range for about a year, but my body is improving due to weight lifting.
  #469   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-07, 15:40

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 153/148/125 Female 5'2"
BF:38% / 38% / 28%
Progress: 18%
Default Is there a "diet" plan ?

Even on VERY low carb (5g net carb and no sugar alcohols) I don't lose weight unless I stay under 1200 calories. But now I'm at weight and don't want to count calories. Is there a LC "diet" that simplifies a maintenance plan where I won't gain the weight back?
  #470   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-07, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by grbnbpb
Even on VERY low carb (5g net carb and no sugar alcohols) I don't lose weight unless I stay under 1200 calories. But now I'm at weight and don't want to count calories. Is there a LC "diet" that simplifies a maintenance plan where I won't gain the weight back?

I maintain on around 1200 as well. I don't count calories...I just know instinctively that if I keep my fat content low for all my home cooking (non stick pans, lower fat dairy, very few nuts) and just get fattier food if I happen to eat out and can't control that, and don't eat huge meals, it tends to average out. It is the fat that adds up the calories quickly-more than carbs do. I don't eat processed carbs if I can avoid it, and just keep them low generally. I try to keep lean protein fairly high as that keeps me full.

Also I get to the gym 4 times a week and lift weights as part of that. Weight lifting for me has made a difference. I have been maintaining around 135 lbs
which is a pretty good weight for my height and age for almost a year, give or take a few lbs.

I see from your profile that you are in a wheelchair. I have no idea how to get involved in wheelchair sports, but if you can do that to utilize calories that way it would probably help with maintenance.
  #471   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 20:05

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

I had sometime tonight, so I decided to play on here and see what everyone is up to! It took me some time to find this thread!

How is everyone out there??
  #472   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-08, 16:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 171/000/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 814%

Does anyone include egg whites in the carb counts? I am doing the psmf, and I like it. I blew my re-feed with a grand total of 4150 calories. That was my first re-feed, so needless to say I will do better next week. But I am keeping track of my carbs and I wondered if they counted on the psmf. I am sure they do but I want to ask.
  #473   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-08, 02:26

Egg whites are protein. Go for it.
  #474   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-08, 17:54

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

Hey-- does anyone still follow PSMF? I am back on plan again!