Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-03-18, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%
Default Stuff I Wish People Would Stop Saying

"Everything in moderation."

What they are really saying: "I think I'm better and more beautiful than you, you ugly and morally bankrupt slothful glutton." (This also back translates into "Eat healthy".)

"Arterycloggingsaturatedfat."

What they are really saying: "I eat vegan for the sole reason that it makes me feel better and morally superior to you. I also haven't learned anything new since the 1970s."

"Healthywholegrains." (variant: "Hearthealthywholegrains.")

What they are really saying: "If I didn't pretend these were healthy, I'd have to eat 33 lbs of radishes just to meet my daily caloric requirements. You know, just like the cavemen vegans of my imagination, who had nothing better to do than collect and eat 33 lbs of radishes all day long."

"Cholesterolfree."

What they are really saying: "We still put this on our labels because of one dead bunny rabbit from the early 20th century, and we will do so for another hundred years."

"But the China Study!"

What they are really saying: "I hate my culture and civilization. Now how do I look in these Lululemons as I do this downward dog?"

"But your body *NEEDS* carbohydrates." (Spoken as it relates to food intake.)

What they are really saying: "I have no idea how biology actually works."

"But if you take one less bite of something other than arterycloggingsaturatedfat your body will go into starvation mode!"

What they are really saying: "Take my advice because I couldn't gain weight if I tried, which makes me better, which makes me smarter, than you."

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

What they are really saying: "I have no important responsibilities so I have time to make and eat breakfast in the morning."

"Goodfats," or "Healthyfats."

What they are really saying: "I once thought trans fats were healthy because they came from plants and were technically polyunsaturated and now all my friends and family who switched to margerine after I told them to in the 80s are dead. Oops. I hope nobody remembers that. Look over there, a squirrel!"

"Increases the risk of," and "Linked to..."

What they are really saying: "Ignore my sleight of hand as I try to imply causation from observational correlation in order to advance my pet theories which confirm me in my moral superiority to you."

Please add your own.

Last edited by BillyHW : Mon, Jun-04-18 at 08:43.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-03-18, 18:52

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

I hope this is a joke.
Not all slim people are looking down at you. And most slim people are so, because of genetics as you alluded to, but also lifestyle. I sincerely doubt most people saying relativily innocuous things that are mainstream advice like “moderation” or “avoid cholesterol” do so because of any moral superiority.
Live and let live.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-18, 06:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

I think what they are also saying is that they work for one of the BIG Grain companies and are pushing their cereals big TIME!

Profit before people's good health...

Last edited by Just Jo : Mon, Jun-04-18 at 06:48. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-18, 06:51

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo

I think what they are also saying is that they work for one of the BIG Grain companies and are pushing their cereals big TIME!

I eat breakfast every day. It is my most important meal of the day. I don't eat dinner but breakfast looks very much like dinner would look. No grains are involved. Being open minded and discovering what works for you is what's important.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-18, 07:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/262/205 Male 6' 1
BF:waaay tooo much
Progress: 26%

Hahaha...these were great.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-18, 09:04

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Funny!

I'm around non-LC weightloss folks...that attitude IS a thing. Not everyone, of course, but there are a lot of verbal folks who do take that tone. So if the post wasn't a joke, and I do believe it is tongue in cheek, there is basis for it. It does happen.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-18, 15:10
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdamess
Funny!

I'm around non-LC weightloss folks...that attitude IS a thing. Not everyone, of course, but there are a lot of verbal folks who do take that tone. So if the post wasn't a joke, and I do believe it is tongue in cheek, there is basis for it. It does happen.
They likely also think GMO's are not as healthy as naturally produced foods, believe the "China Study", vaccines can cause Autism and Dr. Atkins died of a heart attack
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 02:21
Registered Member

BF:

"Leanmeats" and "Lowfatdairy."

What they are really saying: I'm a woman with body image issues.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 11:18

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Doctors & Registered Dieticians/Nutritionists say most of these things to keep you coming back for more and more appointments/payments since the advice doesn't work for people like us. If everyone went LCHF on their own, the need for diabetes & obesity doctors & their RDs would drop way back to the levels of ~1975.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-18, 22:55
Registered Member

BF:

"Red meat."

Red meat isn't a thing. There is just meat and it's all good for you.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 11:17

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyHW
"Red meat."

Red meat isn't a thing. There is just meat and it's all good for you.

This drives me crazy. My dad is so terrified of eating red meat because Dr. Oz or somebody told him red meat would give him cancer.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 11:36
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
This drives me crazy. My dad is so terrified of eating red meat because Dr. Oz or somebody told him red meat would give him cancer.

The ladies at the office are constantly going to the bathroom to pee because Dr. Oz told them they were all dehydrated and were going to die of dehydration (or at least get fat from it) if they didn't drink 8 gallons of water every day. They carry around their water bottles with them constantly.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 09:02

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Quote:
Funny!

I didn't mean it shouldn't have been posted. I meant I really hope the OP doesn't truly think everyone is being so judgemental. It made me sad to think someone would feel that way.
If he meant it as a joke, very cute, carry on. But I doubt this is a joke without some truth to it....

ETA- if a person does feel superior for being thin, he's a complete ~ss and not worthy of your "mental space."
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 09:11

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

funny post!!

for me it is when family says, WELL I MADE this for every occasion and it is tradition so you need to eat some of it.

made with love.....made with carbs! LOL no thanks!!!! I pass on it now!!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 09:58
Registered Member

BF:

"Thin people have more efficient metabolisms."

What they are really saying: I've never looked up the word "efficiency" in the dictionary.