Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 22:50
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 133/132/115 Female 62-3in
BF:24/22/19
Progress: 6%
Cool All those below 125lbs

Hey,

This thread is for all those females that have succeeded in weighing below 125lbs . I'd like to ask how you got there and what kind of diet you followed (carb +calorie wise) as well as excercise rutine. I'm 5'2'' and weight about 130 lbs. I have a history of anorexia and i'm not willing to go through that again so I'd really appreciate some sound advice with regards to proper dieting . Thanks :-D.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-05, 22:36

Plan: _______________________
Stats: -/245/210 Male 6 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

you are not fat at all i think you are lookin good
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-05-05, 23:56
Registered Member

Plan: low carb vegetarian
Stats: 99/95/85 Female 63 inches
BF:17.9%/16.9%/15.0%
Progress: 29%

hello. i'm 16, and am 5'3" and 95 lb.
to loose weight, try to eat about 1200 cal a day, mostly from fruits [berries are low cal] and vegetables. try to keep the fats, meats and fatty cheses or creams to a minimum. you may be doing low-carb, but that doesn't mean eat poorly.

lean meats, such as shrimp, salmon, or boneless skinless chicken breast are best if you eat meat. [i don't.]

if you can make atleast 800 of your calories from vegetables and fruit, and nuts, then you're in good shape.

good luck! hope you reach your goal.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 00:07
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkuna3
try to keep the fats, meats and fatty cheses or creams to a minimum. you may be doing low-carb, but that doesn't mean eat poorly.

lean meats, such as shrimp, salmon, or boneless skinless chicken breast are best if you eat meat. [i don't.]

Ikkuna3, I think you need to learn a lot more about low carbing.

On a low carb plan, one needs plenty of fat to use as fuel. You will lose weight in a much healthier fashion if you get about 70% of your calories from fat.

Unfortunately, with the serious eating disorder you have, you don't seem to understand what "healthy" means. So before you give too much more advice on a low carbing board, how about educating yourself about low carbing?
You could start by going to www.atkins.com and www.eatprotein.com

Rosebud
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 00:17
Registered Member

Plan: low carb vegetarian
Stats: 99/95/85 Female 63 inches
BF:17.9%/16.9%/15.0%
Progress: 29%

i don't know much about low carb, but the basis of the diet is "low carb" that does not imply "high fat"

my aunt did a low carb diet [for health reasons, not weight loss] and she did it by eating lean cuts of meat, including some steaks, and vegetables.
she didn't over indulged in cheeses and whipped cream.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 14:47

Stats: 303/270/220 Male 6'2"
BF:yummy
Progress: 40%

Quote:
i don't know much about low carb, but the basis of the diet is "low carb" that does not imply "high fat"

my aunt did a low carb diet [for health reasons, not weight loss] and she did it by eating lean cuts of meat, including some steaks, and vegetables.
she didn't over indulged in cheeses and whipped cream.

Yeah Low-carb is just that, low-carb. Not high fat.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-05, 19:11
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 95/95/95 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs down

Quote:
hello. i'm 16, and am 5'3" and 95 lb.
to loose weight, try to eat about 1200 cal a day, mostly from fruits [berries are low cal] and vegetables. try to keep the fats, meats and fatty cheses or creams to a minimum. you may be doing low-carb, but that doesn't mean eat poorly.

if you can make atleast 800 of your calories from vegetables and fruit, and nuts, then you're in good shape.

good luck! hope you reach your goal.

please please please do me a FAVOR and DONT GET DOWN TO 85 pounds!!! You will REGRET IT BIG TIME!!!
I got down to 77 pounds and I basically couldnt move but forced myself to work out b/c I thought I was so fat!! Common!!! You are even a little too skinny for your height...not by much though, I mean I am 5'2 and weigh 95 pounds now...so you should be like 99-101 or something! BUt hey, if your happy with the way you are thats great, just please dont go down to 85 because its not healthy! When I did I adopted, not ONLY HORRIBLE blood counts but, osteoperosis and hair LOSS ohh man the hair loss!!! And if you have nice thick hair, YOU DONT WANT TO LOOSE THATS!!! what sort of diet are you on anyway?
Gigi--JUst trying to help! sorry if I annoyed you!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-05, 22:19

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:

I'm a little over 5'2". I have been 110 lbs zone for a long time. There is not magic bullet in staying thin. I eat a variety of foods. I watch what I eat, restrict pasta to once a week. I walk to work. Since losing my weight, I love sports and participate in tennis and swimming. One habit I kept from my time on Atkins, is not eating betwen meals. I eat three full meals a day.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 20:09
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 118/118/104 Female 62
BF:
Progress:

Bitoxicity,
You look great already! I am also 5'2 and I used to weigh about 130 pound like you, but I looked very fat. I weigh about 119 now partly because I grew a little, but even now you still look skinner then me! The other part of the weight I lost simply by exercising a couple of times a week and just watching how much ate, but I think I lost most of the weight just from drinking water. I love soda, and I never have liked water, but I read somewhere that if you start drinking at least 8 cups a day it can help you lose weight. Just a tip, but I personally think that you look great how you are...I wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit! Also, congratulations on beating anorexia, it takes a really strong person to do that!

Keep up the good work!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-05, 22:29

Stats: 154.5/135.5/135 Female 5ft 5.5 in
BF:
Progress: 97%

Anyone over 5'2" and under 125?
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 06:36

BF:

I am 110 lbs and 5'3"
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 12:17

Stats: 205/115/105 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 90%

hey, i'm 5'0 and about 115. Okay,does this happen to other women around my height?..people think i am smaller than i actually am...even when i wore a size 12 somehow a woman at the clothing store mistaked me for a six (don't ask how) ...and now that I am ( or was before last week) a size 4 i went to try on different clothes and multiple women at the stores thought i was a zero...um not sure if i should take that as a compliment...but honestly, it frustrates me a little...just when i think a size 4 is small, they think i'm smaller...so maybe i should try to get to that size..i know it sounds silly but i guess that's my screwed up way of thinking. To add to that, the way they say " no, you aren't a size 4, you are tiny"... makes me feel like a size 4 ISN'T small enough...i know there are worse things to be frustrated about...but i always analyze things and it really screws with my head...
BTW BiToxicty where did you get the jewish american princess icon?? and can i steal it?;-) i LOOOVE it
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 12:43

BF:

Different manufactures make different sizes. In one store you are 4, another store something else. At Forwever 21, I'm a 4, at Wet Seal, I'm a 1 or 2. Finally, at Banana Republic and at Abercrombie and Fitch I am a size 0. I'm also a 0-2 at American Eagle Outfitters. Everything depends on the cut of the clothing. What I think is funny is that the more expensve the clothing store, the smaller the size.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 12:52

Stats: 205/115/105 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 90%

hey rachel :-),
yea, i know about the whole vanity sizing thing..which in my opinion is ANNOYING..more so than helpful..but even people i knew thought i was smaller than i actually was..kind of wierd, just like my whole issue with everyone thinking i am younger than i am, i guess it gets kind of old when someone says " are you sure you are that size" and "are you sure you are that age"..right because i'm going to lie...grrrr (sorry for the tiny rant)....congrats on the awesome weight loss and maintence by the way! tell me how you kept it off because evidently thats what im having trouble with...i think i want to jutst keep dieting so i dont have to worry about maintenence...and thats gettin old real quickly
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 18:24
Registered Member

Stats: 118/106/102 Female 5ft3"
BF:
Progress: 75%

ikkuna3 at your height and weight you have an anorexic BMI as I'm sure you know. That's not just a little too skinny for your height. I hope you can get some professional help because anorexia nearly killed me and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.