Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 17:34

Plan: Back to induction! :-)
Stats: 209/179/150 Female 5'8"
BF:Too Freakin Much!
Progress: 51%
Default Diet Orange Crush

I am so excited right now! I was just shopping at Zehrs (I'm in Ontario) and discovered by accident that Diet Orange Crush (also Diet Crush cream soda flavor) are sweetened with SPLENDA!!! My question is this.....am I right in thinking that this is an OK drink????? I don't want to go crazy with it if it's not acceptable....if anyone has any info about this please let me know!!! Thanks!
*Cappy*
P.S. the side of the can says Sugar Free Orange with Sucralose and above that it has the SPLENDA logo......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 17:46
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?

Go crazy!!! I can't even get Dt Orange ANYTHING around here.....
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 20:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/205/170 Female 5 feet 11 inches
BF:32/28.5/24
Progress: 42%

OMG that's sounds so yummy!! I wonder if we can get them here?? Anyone know?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 22:08

Stats: 185/155/130 Female 5'3"
BF:clueless...
Progress: 55%

i SO am in need of a diet orange anything!!! i've been looking around, and the only thing i've found that is splenda sweetened and "orange" flavored is "fruit 2o"...i'll give you my first born if you'll send me a case ...course, she a handfull right now... little thing 1s 16 weeks pregnant and all the time...
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 06:56

Plan: Back to induction! :-)
Stats: 209/179/150 Female 5'8"
BF:Too Freakin Much!

Ha ha ha!!! I'm so happy to have found a Splenda sweetened soda! I have been reading this board daily for the past month and all I ever see for pop that is okay is Diet Rite, which we just don't have here in Canada (not that I can find anyhow!) -- I know when I lived in TN we had Orange Crush pop there....and I remember my stepmother buying diet Crush but I had no idea it was sweetened w/Splenda - so my guess is that all you guys should have it there in the US. Like I said, I stumbled across it by *accident* - the store I was at has a shelf with various cans of pop on it for 50cents a can that have come out of opened cases, so I was looking for something diet and happened to find the orange crush and noticed the Splenda logo, however they don't carry it here in 2 liter bottles, you can only buy it by the 12 pack for $3.99, so you may want to check that out. This is funny~I'm getting excited about diet soda!!! lol -- geez, ya think I should get out more???
Have a great day everybody!
~Cappy~
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 07:08
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

hi Cappy,

Yes .. the diet Crush flavours here in Canada include orange, grape and cream soda. If you can find it. Generally, if the store carries regular Crush products, they can get the diet stuff too if you bug them enough.

Here in Canada, they used to also make Hire's root beer with Splenda, but then Coca Cola company bought out the Hires/Crush/Schweppe's folks .. and at the time Coke had just released its "Barq's line of root beer. So they nixed the Hire's products to avoid competition. Unfortunatley the Barq's diet is made with aspartame/acesulfame potassium, and tastes like rat kacckkk.

Doreen
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 08:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/140/125 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

I'm 4 weeks into Atkins - I'm following pretty strict induction menus. I've never in the 4 weeks gone over 20 carbs. I'm loosing inches, not too many pounds but feel great & not hungry. BUT - if I drink any colored drink - including Diet Rite & Diet Crush, I seem to stay the same wt. I've read Citric Acid can be the culprit. (I'm not doing any Aspartame products).

You could take a peek at my fitday.com & see what I'm eating. Some days I forgot to include the Diet Rite & Diet Crush because I kindof thought it was like the water (lots!) that I'm drinking.

Do any of you guys think that the Citric Acid alone could be my culprit when I'm otherwise following the carb count so close?

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...?Owner=karenmcc

Last edited by karenmcc : Sun, Aug-31-03 at 08:56.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 09:29

Stats: 195/187/130 Female 64 inches
BF:36.7
Progress: 12%
Default Food Lion

What a coincidence - I just discovered some Splenda soda last night!

Not sure what parts of the country have Food Lion, other than VA, but the Food Lion generic brand soda is sweetened with Splenda! I got the Ginger Ale last night and it tastes pretty good. Best of all, it's SUPER CHEAP. ($0.69/2 Liter)

Alright, going back to the kitchen for another soda! (sigh of relief!)

NovaMusic9
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 10:05
Registered Member

Stats: 189/175/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

OMG I love orange crush. I didn't even know that it was avaliable in diet? I have a cousin who live's up north & own's a few 7up store's or what ever they are called, I'll be getting some soon, Oh it's always been my favorite. I can't wait thank for sharing this info.

Toni
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 10:08

Stats: 210/190/150 Male 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

They have that here and I find it wayyy too sweet
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 19:34
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?

The bottle of diet Crush my daughter brought me is sweetened with aspartame.... but you know I'd settle!!! I was told by Coke AND Pepsi reps that ANY diet orange is NOT available in my area..and probably never WILL be!! I've been robbed!!! Jones Soda and a few other small brands tell my local store "Sorry, not available in your market area!" What's the deal?? "It doesn't sell." How can I BUY it, if they won't SEND it???

<end of rant> SF Tang, or a mixture of unsweetened orange kool-aid powder, Splenda, and club soda are as close as I can come..I have DaVinci orange sf syrup coming in the mail. That might mix with the club soda better....and it's made with Sucralose too.

Aspartame or not, SOMEBODY could make a fortune smuggling Dt Crush to my neck of the woods....
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 23:47

Stats: 311/246/220 Male 6'3
BF:??/??/??
Progress: 71%

FYI: I was in a local grocery store in Nebraska called HyVee. I saw a sign boasting that their diet soda is sweetened with splenda.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 13:03

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

I didn't know it was sweetened with that. I'm going to have to pick some up at the store next time. I miss orange and grape soda.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:06
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 162/118/110 Female 63 inches
BF:29%/22%/20%
Progress: 85%

We have diet orange here in Atlanta but they always run out. When they have it I usually buy it all.
I don't understand why they don't order a lot, because its the only flavor that they run out of.