Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-25-07, 03:19

Plan: making it up as i go
Stats: 290/290/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Any luck with the Vitamin D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnikx
but i have read that its only the case in people with pcos when it comes to every day tiredness, where as my problem is im never tired enough TO fall asleep but once i am asleep i can sleep 10hours with out waking

but intresting comment in the vit D thing, what foods can i get that in?

Hey there, this thread is old, but what the heck...I found this forum looking for info on sleep issues to see if there was a link to diabetes and/or PCOS (I have both). I have read about taking melatonin supplements but I'm curious about Vit-D now b/c I have psoriasis too! A new cream I got from my derm. is helping and it has vitamin D in it. So... have any of you tried Vitamin D or melatonin supplements for sleep probs and has it helped at all?

Also, can anyone differentiate between all the fish oil info... is cod liver oil the same as fish oil and/or do they relate to Omega 3's? I've heard of taking/eating all of these, but are they the same or different things?