Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 23:04

Plan: ATKINS modified
Stats: 270.5/251.5/160 Female 66in
BF:
Progress: 17%
Cool i'm new and hope it works

i have tried everything and just finished 3 weeks of atkins and cant take it anymore. will finish reading the SB book friday and get started Sat. will be here alot for encouragement and support. i am 49 and 260 pounds and also a nurse and i had an endo dr at the hospital i work at tell me to try this. all his patients love it. my only health problems are high blood pressure and it is med controlled and sore feet and legs from carrying around all this weight. thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 23:10

Plan: I'm exploring
Stats: 281/256/146 Female 5'4"
BF:43%
Progress: 19%
Default Hi

Sorry you are having a rough time with Atkins. All I know is I'm doing well with it this time. I tried it in 1997 and lost 22 lbs but didn't keep on with it. So I've gained that plus another 20 which gets me up to 280.

I know how hard it is to haul two of me around!!! Makes me plain tuckered out!!!

I've come to the conclusion that I will have to be this way the rest of my life and will learn to live without carbs. My pain went away and it took only two days of diving back into carbs for the pain to come back.

Why are you having a rough time with Atkins? What is it that you dont' like? You can still come and type with us here and let us know how you are doing on Sugarbusters. Madi
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 23:46

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 175/175/150
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm new here too, just finished my first week on SB. I lost 5 lbs. which I am thrilled about. I don't expect to lose much because I don't exercise but that's o.k. too because I think this is a very healthy way to eat.

I've hardly cooked in years and I'm looking forward to doing a little of it again. I see that preparation is very important, especially since many foods in my cupboards can no longer be used. I plan on bringing a few shopping bags to work with me next week and my co-workers I am sure will use what I can't.

It's been fun hunting down recipes too. I am really enjoying that and I spent hours in Trader Joes reading labels. I hope I can do it again this weekend if the weather co-operates.

Nice to have another newbie here.

Carole
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 07:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Sugarbusters
Stats: 288/244/175 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Welcome!

Hi Maggiemae! I too am an Atkins convert. I changed because I just did not lose on Atkins. I am hypothyroid, and I have read that the thyroid needs carbs to convert T4 to T3. I guess that is true because I started losing when I switched to Sugarbusters. I lose very slowly, but at least I am losing!

Sugarbusters has a number of advantages. It is really easy to follow. There is nothing to count, and as long as you stay away from the things that are not allowed, you can eat as much as you need to be satisfied. I do try and keep my starchy carbs like bread, to two or three servings a day.

My doctor also recommends SugarBusters. He is on the Diabetes board here, and does SB himself. My husband does it for his cholesterol and triglycerides, I do it for weight loss and insulin resistance. I have been on it for over a year, and have lost about 40 pounds.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Molly on here is the recipe queen, if you want recipes.

Hope you achieve your goals!

Last edited by Monet : Fri, Feb-14-03 at 07:51.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 06:30

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Welcome Maggimae

I have been on SB for a little over a year now and just love it. I did ok on other LC plans but I really missed my fruit.

Like Monet said SB is so easy to follow once you get the few basic guidelines down.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

molly