Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 09:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/197.5/150
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default questions about sugar busters

I am getting discouraged. Wt. loss has stopped. I can't seem to be strict enough, nor can I afford all that expensive meat. I am looking for variety, healthy food and some wt. loss. Will sugar busters work? I like to include some slightly higher glycemic veg. like sweet potatoes, and occasional keish or pizza which requires some kind of a crust, a few peas or carrots, now and then. Can I lose wt. with this kind of a plan. I am thinking that I need to eat something for life, and am willing to go slow.

What do you think, should I start doing sugar busters. I have the book, but I thought it wasn't strict enough to do any good. Patsy175
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 14:23

Stats: 165/153/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi Patsy,

I switched from Atkins to SB a little over 2 weeks ago. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I feel soooo much better. My DH, however, has lost about 12lbs!! The plan is easy to follow and I think more balanced.

You could always try it out for a few weeks and see how you feel. Also read the posts from people using SB, lots of people losing. so it works!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 06:53

BF:

Thanks. I would like to know it can happen. My wt. loss had stopped with Atkins also, so I will give this a try. Patsy175
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: sugar busters
Stats: 225/220/135
BF:??
Progress: 6%

Hi Patsy!!
I too was on Atkins for about 4 months in 2001-02. But because my gallbladder was kicking up I decided to discontinue with it. When I went to the library and found the SB book, I thought "this is something I can do". So, after the holidays, I have started up with it....just this past Monday, in fact!!! I really like the ability to eat whole grains and fruit with this WOE. I was really wondering too if with having all of that along with the meats that it would not work. Well, I know I've only been on it for this week, basically, but both me and my son, which started with me this week too, has lost lbs. this week. I have lost 6lbs. and he has lost 4 lbs. Not to say every week will be like that of course. but to me, it is encouraging to see that this plan does work with eating grains and fruit. Just remember not to eat your fruit with your meals and don't overdo on the grains. You can do this!!!!!!!
Tangy
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 08:57

BF:

Thanks so much. It gives me hope. I think I could not continue with the Atkins any longer. I am hoping for a way of life, not a diet, that I am comfortable and not driven to binges. I fear that craving, which disappears with the Atkins, but is easily stirred up. Especially at night. I will give the sb a real chance. Patsy175
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 22:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Sugarbusters
Stats: 288/244/175 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%

I too did Atkins then switched to SB. I never could lose on Atkins, but I have lost on SB. I have hyperinsulinemia, and insulin resistance, and take medication for it. I keep my starchy carb servings, like bread and sweet potatoes, to two or three a day, max. I eat as much protein, veggies and fruits as I want to keep from being hungry. I know some people who have lost a lot on SB..it does work! Just pick your starches carefully, and don't overdo them.