Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-17, 08:05
Registered Member

Plan: keto
Stats: 242/233/187 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Electric Spiralizer

Can anyone recommend a good, easy to use electric spiralizer? I'm tired of manually prepping them and it would really save a lot of time!

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 10:25
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hmm... never thought about that before. This looks interesting. https://www.amazon.com/Presto-Profe...tric+spiralizer

Years ago my mom had a "Salad Master" that had these cones you attached that would shred/chop things. It was a beautiful piece of equipment. Solid stainless steel, manual of course. :-) Makes me nostalgic. Anyway, this isn't the same. Made out of plastic.

I do have an attachment for a kitchen aid (which I no longer own) that does something similar.

Actually, on second thought, this doesn't spiralize. There are ones on Amazon though. I'd get one that you shove the product through versus mounting on something. It just seems more efficient.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 10:19

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

FWIW I was at my local grocery store this morning and they had all sorts of pre-spiralized veggies, not all LCHF but certainly in the paleo arena. They had spiralized sweet potatoes, butternut squash, zucchini, yellow squash, beets. Maybe more but those were the ones I noticed.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-24-17, 07:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Same here, Debbie. I'm not sure about other chains, but they have them at Metro (and probably Sobey's?) here my neck o' the woods. That's a bit pricey, but I'd spend it if I didn't have the time/inclination/healthy-wrists to twist the veggies myself in my hand spiralizer.

They do look a heck of a lot nicer than mine. I might consider a better spiralizer, even though I'm running out of room in my tiny kitchen. :/

#5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 02:31
Registered Member

Plan: keto
Stats: 242/233/187 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the feedback, ladies!

I actually just went ahead and bought a $40 electric spiralizer. First try out went pretty well actually!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1506328052_tmp_qwe.jpg (17.3 KB, 8 views)