Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 15:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/181/145
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Your progress

I am thinking of starting this program what has been your success and in what amount of time?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 11:13

Plan: Atkins-Restarted
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5 ' 3 "
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking better than gaining....

My Progress....well, not what I thought it would be but...Since on SB, have lost 3 lbs in a month.

I feel so much better, feel like I have lost 10lbs, but the scale disagrees with me...
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 13:17

Plan: SB
Stats: 161/159/140
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default WOE

I started this WOE (way of eating) in August at the suggestion of my doctor. I must say I thought that by giving up all refined sugar and white flour, the pounds would melt away. That hasn't happened for me. Then again, I am not really looking at this as a diet. I've definitely given up those things that can cause a high insulin reaction, but I haven't given up some of the fats I should if I want to lose weight. I also drink red wine in the evenings. I should probably cut out that if I want to see the lbs. melt away. But, it's a conscious choice I'm making. I must admit that I do feel better with this WOE and seem to have more energy.

Having said all that, I have read on some of the Boards about people losing lots of weight in the beginning and some stalling. As with everything, each person will be different.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Ginger
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 13:46

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default It all depends ...

There are so many variables: current weight, gender, age, activity levels, were you a yo-yo dieter before this, RX meds etc. etc. etc.

I am a "turtle" when it comes to losing weight ... I have a number of the above contributing factors. A young active male is going to lose much faster than a post menopausal sedentary female. So I think its kind of hard to say you can expect to lose X amount of pounds each week.

I had to learn to be patient. My part of the contract is to stay on plan. The pounds are going to come off when my body chooses to release them. I need to honor and respect the way my body does that even when it is infuriatingly slow.

I have lost 56# on SB since December 2001. I had already lost 45# on CALP so that's a Grand Total of 101#.

I like the variety of food on SB. I feel good. And I find it easy to follow. I expect to eat this way the rest of my life.

HTH
molly

Last edited by molly1844 : Sat, Oct-05-02 at 13:54.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 19:09

Plan: Atkins-Restarted
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5 ' 3 "
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking Great way to look at it...

Molly -

Congrats on all your weight loss - you must feel so great! Thanks for sharing how you deal with the stalls or slow progress.... that is a great way to look at it and to help yourself mentally cope with the whole numbers game!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 18:14

Plan: SUGAR BUSTERS!
Stats: 198/155/130
BF:
Progress: 63%
Thumbs up

50 pounds till date!!!!! but need to loose 15 more..... .....
but I will
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 19:04

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Congrats Wanda!

You are doing great!
Keep up the good work!

molly