Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 17:12
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I wonder just how much of a difference our own mood and experiences have on our interpretation of the written word? It seems that out of 10 people who read a given post, you'd find almost that many different interpretations. Even use of emoticons can be open to interpretation.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 01:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/190/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
I only find it annoying when the same person consistently acts superior or rude or over-reacts or is looking for constant attention/sympathy in their posts. At that point I begin to dislike the poster. That doesnt happen much though, thank heavens.

Just needed to note that I think I may have jinxed myself here... since I've just run across one of those that definitively annoys the bejeepers out of me...you know...the kind of poster that I swore usually isnt seen in this forum. (Murphy's Law in action, folks!...Lordy I wish Murphy would find someone else to follow around for a change!)
  #183   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 11:03

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
I wonder just how much of a difference our own mood and experiences have on our interpretation of the written word? It seems that out of 10 people who read a given post, you'd find almost that many different interpretations. Even use of emoticons can be open to interpretation.

Im betting it has a great deal to do with how people take certain things. I admit myself that when Im in a bad mood I definitly seem to take things more negativley than normal. Or something that would normally slightly annoy me makes me burst out in a rant or rude comment that I wouldn't normally make.
  #184   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 17:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

I also realized, I cant type to save my life...so I write very short hopefully succinct responses which could easily be misinterpreted!!!