Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-06, 22:46

Plan: Moderate low-carb
Stats: 186/140/135 Female 5"5
BF:OnebigAB
Progress: 90%

back in my heyday of weightloss, I experimented with fruitarianism. I lost a ton of weight, and admittedly faster than I did with Atkins induction. But then I experienced the common sugar blues, the ups and downs, and I was quite psychotic where at first I was spiritual and euphoric. I think it was because I was on it for so long, approximately a month, and then because I was craving sugar even though I was eating it all the time, I indulged in candy, starch and the typical antagonists of health and weightloss, and gained most of it back. I know veganism is different, but vegans are really consuming mostly carbs as their macronutrients, and that in some ways reflects radical fruitarianism. I think this is where cycling would come in handy. Maybe you could cycle raw-foods, veganism, not sure what you consider yourself and low-carb, but I suppose if you were doing it for ethical reasons, then that's a different ball game. I guess then I would just be concerned with getting essential protein and fats.

Before you do anything, may I suggest beyondveg.com one of my personal faves. Don't let the name turn you off, there is great stuff on that site.

BTW, I'm in no position to be giving advice considering I'm a recovering bulimic. But one of the reasons I started bingeing and purging was due to food elimination, and fear of macro-nutrients like fat and protein. I bought into bad food dogmas that were to say the least, a lie. I even went real rigid one time with low-carb and feared fruit! For me, it's incorporating all macro-nutrients, and even though I say Atkins, I'm more on a moderate but still low-carb plan that seems to be working well.

Last edited by bakerchic : Mon, Feb-13-06 at 22:54.
Sponsored Links