Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2101   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-18, 14:32
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
game hens are in the oven! Will serve with a salad, rice for DH, green beans and water. I don't know what I'm doing for carb yet.

later-
E
Sponsored Links
  #2102   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-18, 15:18
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
DH wants to stay home tonight and watch basketball. I wanted to go out, but he's been stuck with errands and stuff and just wants to relax. SO leftovers: game hens, refried beans, rice, with roasted cabbage and sauteed corn and a salad. I think I will have a an alcoholic beverage for carb.

later-
E
  #2103   ^
Old Sat, Mar-17-18, 12:37
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I saw strange steak on sale and I got 4- it's an angus beef thin cut shoulder steak. So I cut it into smaller pieces, marinated it in red wine and garlic, and will braise it with pureed tomatoes and paprika and spices (and onion/peppers/carrots) for a goulash/stew/wine kind of thing. I invited friends over- they're bringing a salad and a veggie. We'll have a nice wine, and maybe some bread. I'll make kasha, barley or cous cous for the guys. Not planning on a dessert.

hope it's good- I'm going to braise it in a low and slow oven for 3 hours.

later-
E
  #2104   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-18, 11:36
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
the diner last night turned out great. I can only imagine how tough the meat would have been if I didn't braise it for 3 hours! It was really delish.
Going to have the leftovers tomorrow. Tonight we have a meeting at 4 and then I think we'll go out for a casual dinner.

Strange week- I'm working late, so DH is in charge of dinner a few nights. Then I'm out Wed and Thursday. Friday we are having friends over for dinner and I'm roasting a small turkey for a change of pace.

later-
E
  #2105   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 20:05
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I can't believe it's Friday! Had a great week. Made a turkey tonight for friends- it was delish. I have lots of leftovers and put the carcass in the fridge for soup! I am planning on making a big pot of turkey bone broth on Sunday.
Hope everyone is dong well.
later-
E
  #2106   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-18, 08:08
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
bone broth is cooling- smells amazing. I made a big batch of turkey salad- that will be RM tonight as a sandwich with salad, slaw and stuffing for DH.
later-
E
  #2107   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-18, 11:20
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
We've had turkey salad for the last 2 nights. Tonight I'm planning on using the soup as a base for a spicy mexican stew with bread as my carb. Veggies in the stew (spinach, peppers) and salad too.
I'm hoping to make a meatloaf tomorrow, and go our to dinner on Thursday.
later-
E
  #2108   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-18, 17:42
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
hope everyone is doing well.

Made a different RM tonight: salad, meatballs and pasta for DH, meatballs and red peppers for me. Carb was a hard roll. Water to drink.
I made 6 large meatballs and a red italian pasta sauce. YUM.

Tomorrow?

Friday is Passover. I'm serving a salad, a fish course, hard boiled egg, baked chicken in a white wine and lemon sauce, carrots in a honey glaze, roasted broccoli, roasted potatoes, wine, and desserts including a fruit salad, coconut macaroons and flourless chocolate cake.

later-
E
  #2109   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-18, 23:15

Plan: Carb Addicts Diet
Stats: 200/200/130 Female 61 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am back for a third try. I am feeling very low. I have had to go up another clothing size. Perhaps this third time will stick. Any advice?
  #2110   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-18, 19:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Maddy-

my advice is take it one day at a time and PLAN for that day. Have your protein and veggies and the carb you will have with your RM planned out. You can do it!!
If you start out very low carb (20 grams or under, if you are counting) please have some broth at least once a day. Drink lots of water.
Post her a lot- and read posts to learn.
Ask us questions too.
E
  #2111   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 05:56

BF:

Hello again Enomarb.
I don't plan to count. That is one reason why I like this plan. I don't imagine I would go under 20g???????????? Do you?
  #2112   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 07:33

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMaddy
I am back for a third try. I am feeling very low. I have had to go up another clothing size. Perhaps this third time will stick. Any advice?

Menu plan! It helps me so much to plan out a week, then if one night I don't "feel" like the rm I have planned, I can usually just switch it out for another night, feel like I have choices, and stay more easily on plan.

I make sure I have my fav things available for cm snacks if I feel like I may have trouble sticking to 3 meals a day, so I am less likely to reach for something that I shouldn't. Planning, it makes all the difference for me.

If I know we are going out to eat, I know which restaurant (or which two or three we are thinking of) and have checked the menu, and picked a couple of choices for a meal at each that will work. Then I am not caught up in the moment, and can look forward to a meal I know I've already checked out as being appropriate for me.

Just keep at it, one step at a time.
  #2113   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 08:16
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Maddy, I never count and probably never go below 20, but that's what a lot of the big LCHF gurus recommend. I love Dr. Westman and the Diet Doctor website- I've learned so much from them- but 20 is too low for me. I probably eat around 50/day.

Tonight is Passover, and Sunday is Easter. I wish everyone a wonderful holiday.
E
  #2114   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-18, 14:52

BF:

Thanks Patriciakr. I do believe planning is important. I am afraid, though, that I will obsess about the RM. I hope I can just make a decision and then move on with my day.

Eno, truthfully, I don't want to know how many carbs I eat. I am glad you never counted. That makes me feel hopeful.

Today is officially day 2 and I have done well so far. Went to a restaurant for lunch. My family had fries. I really wanted one, but I didn't! I reminded myself that I can make roasted potatoes for dinner that will taste much better!!!

Last edited by NewMaddy : Sat, Mar-31-18 at 14:57.
  #2115   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-18, 08:15

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Happy Easter Patricia & Passover Eno. Hope your excellent menus' all turn out well.

Welcome NewMaddy,
I know what you mean about not wanting to obsess over food and meals;
I tend to overthink things also as a response to stress and end up
burning myself out.

Lately;
I'm trying the main meal recipes from a national weight loss programme that occurs here in Ireland each year. I've tried numerous recipes now and am pleasantly surprised. They're devised by a registered dietitian and the people following the overall plan have had great results.
I don't have much energy to plan at the moment and just want to go through the motions as much as possible.
It's mainly just the main meal recipes i'm using and i'm having these as my RM.
Sometimes narrowing down the choices can help enormously.

https://ot.rte.ie/food-and-recipes/recipe-archive/

It was a really positive programme this year, its available to watch on T.V also.