Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 11:34

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%
Question Who is planning to be on Maintenance THIS year?

At this time next year, who will be looking back at 2002 and say "This was the year I hit FINAL goal" ?

Nothing like some good success stories in the making to keep folks motivated!

Come on, don't be shy. LOL - like ANY of us are 'shy' Declare!!!

Then on Jaunary 1, 2003, we'll look back on this post, and say - "There see? I was right. I did it!"
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 12:05

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I plan on making it this year. I didnt realize until I read this post, LC, that this was 'the year' - LCing has become such a WOL in our household that reaching goal is something I have been taking for granted!

The date I set back in August was June 2nd, 2002 (no clue why - it just sounded good at the time). So, on that note, I will be back to check in at that time!

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 12:57
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:

This is the year for me. I won't say when because I like happy surprises!

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 13:12

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%
Default Me too!

I plan on hitting goal sometime this year. Originally I thought that by the end of February 2002 I would be at goal but my little self-induced setback over this past week of holidays makes me think that perhaps by the end of March or April? In any case, it will be this year.

My other goal is keeping up with the weights. I would really like to see a change in my body composition. I want to look the best I possibly can.

So here's to us, eh?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 16:21
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I'm going to be trying a maintenance plan for the next 8 months or so. I'm sure it will have it's ups and downs while I'm getting used to it. I'm planning on gaining a normal amount of weight for a pregnancy, and not the 55-60 pounds I gained 9-10 years ago when I had my last child. I weigh less now then I did when I first got pregnant last time and hope to gain sensibly eating at a maintenance level of carbs.

Wish me luck!

Beth
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 19:01

You are probably all-round more healthy now that you've been low-carbing Beth - it'll be interesting to watch your progress as you compare how you feel this time around compared to last pregnancy. I'd be very surprised if you didn't feel like a million bucks the whole time.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 07:06
Don't dream it be it

BF:

Well, last time, I threw up every morning, either while in the shower, or while brushing my teeth.

This time, while I have felt nausea, I haven't thrown up yet. I sometimes can't eat, and all my former favorite foods sicken me, and I fall asleep on the couch about 7 p.m. I managed to eat a whole lunch yesterday, it was the bacon and eggs that I couldn't eat for breakfast. The smell of it cooking bothered me. I'm eating about half the meat I normally would for supper. Though, twice, it has been overdone, but hey, I didn't have to cook it, so I shouldn't complain.

I lost a pound this week, not trying to, but if you can't eat it makes a difference. I've been trying small meals, and 2 snacks. I can only seem to put so much in at a time. Also, I've been eating many more carbs that I have been, it seems they go down easier. Mostly, it's been raisin bagels with cream cheese, and Total Raisin bran with milk. Last night I had creamy tomato soup. I have had no bathroom problems since I started this.

Low carb queens, do not shun me! As soon as I can eat again, I will eat more in my former style, I'm sure.

Beth
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 07:12

You're eating for 2!!!

And one of you isn't a low carber!!

It's a given that that small fact will alter your WOE somewhat for the next little while.

Glad you are not feeling the morning sickness as you did last time.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 08:14
Don't dream it be it

BF:

Yes, but the other one of me only needs about 300 extra calories right now.

(Munching ham slices now...they sure are salty!)

Beth
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 22:09

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Count me in

I wont say when, but I will be on maintenance sometime in the year 2002. I know I'd love to reach goal before my 29th birthday. (march 20) Something about 30 being so close and not being in shape scared the beegeezez outa me. So far I only have 8 pounds to go, but who knows how long that could take. I have a feeling, not long after I meet goal, I'll be changing it again. This weight on me just seems different than it did 6 years ago. I don't think 8 lbs. will make THAT big of a difference. We shall see. Either way I will be on maintenance sometime in the year 2002!

Till later,
Heather

You can never reach a goal you don't set.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 23:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Thumbs up Yes I Will!

I will definitely hit goal this year, at least I will try my dam hardiest. I learnt my lesson last year by falling off, last year. I just know I will get there for sure from all support, motivation and inspirational stories from this forum! I can see myself on Dec 31st /2002 at a New Year's Eve party in a nice sexy black dress. LOL

It just feels to good to go back to my old habits!

Thanks LC!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 00:29

Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%
Question goal

Hi All!
I'd like to hit goal this year. Next New Year's Eve I'll be wearing that Calvin Klein that's been hanging in the closet for four years now.

I'm currently on Induction Day 4, lost 5lbs so far and now at 157. I think maybe by August sometime I'd like to reach my goal. (125lbs). Does this sound realistic?

Ruby
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 14:38

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 270/205/160 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default This is the year!

(Best read while quietly humming the Rocky Theme to yourself)

I doubt I'll make it before my 30th birthday (May 13), but I'll look and feel far better than I did on my 29th birthday. I am trying and hoping (like so many brides-to-be) to make it before my wedding (August 17). Even if I don't quite make it by then, I will be full of energy for the big weekend, able to run around with the kids (20 MAS!), and showing off my new, super-toned muscles in tank tops and shorts (BFL!).

However, I will definitely hit goal before this year is out!
Attached Images
File Type: gif muscler.gif (1.3 KB, 268 views)
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 22:53

Stats: 223/209/200 Male 73 in
BF:
Progress: 61%

Ruby,

The goal of getting to maintenance by August is really possible. Keep it up. Your stats of 5 lbs in 4 days crys out at some of us. This would indicate much of it might be water. If your consumption is less than 8 cups of water (hopefully more like 9), your body will have a harder time expelling toxins, etc. The induction is fairly hard on your organs. Also, hop onto any fairly complete multivitamin like Centrum. The first 14 days of any diet depletes calcium, including Atkins. If you have been drinking lots of water, then you have a wonderfully responsive metabolism and will have a good trip to your goal.

Charlie/42
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 01:07
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:

Quote:
The first 14 days of any diet depletes calcium, including Atkins.

I had never heard of calcium depletion being a problem so I searched it out and found this at atkinscenter.com

Q: Doesn't Atkins increase the risk of osteoporosis? It's been said that high-protein diets cause a loss of calcium in the urine.

A: In the actual research studies conducted on this subject, calcium loss lasted only two weeks. The body then re-adjusts itself (returns to a regular state of homeostasis) and the calcium loss stops (American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1983 Jun; 37(6):924-929).

Karen