Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-05, 10:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I found great place for jeans is Wet Seal. I don't think I ever saw over a size 8 over there. Another place is Forever 21...good lord, I live in that place. Another favorite is American Eagle Outfitters. Yeah, Old Navy is cheap, but the sizes are too big for me. I like Marshall too. Abercrombie and Fitch is not cheap, but I got a good wardrobe from them. Oh and Banana Republic rules!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 17:42
LC Bridezilla

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 122/99/105 Female 62 inches
BF:Who/Cares
Progress: 135%

I forgot about Wet Seal...XTC has really small sizes too and so does Contempo. Haven't tried the Forever 21 place but will look to see if we have one in Jersey. Thanks for the tip!
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 18:00
library diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

KryssiMc-

I can't wait until I am slim enough to wear all the adorable jeans at Marshalls and TjMaxx (here, at least, they have alot of the same stuff)- I always see them (junior's section right?) and when I reach my goal will be buying several pairs from there (not to mention all the other cute designer clothes for cheap they have!)
  #34   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 18:45
LC Bridezilla

Defintely! You just can't beat the prices. I have one two blocks from my home (good for me but not the bank account) and find myself in there often since they're always getting new stuff in.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 19:13

Plan: induction
Stats: 203/202/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Kryssi, I don't know were you live in Jersey, But forever 21 is in Woodbridge mall (Sears wing)
  #36   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 19:20
LC Bridezilla

Thank you! I was having the hardest time getting onto their website for some reason. Anyway, that's perfect! I live in Northern NJ, but I go down the shore quite often in the summer. I'll have to hit it up then.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 05:17

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

I have an addiction for Forever 21 too. All the clothes in there are just so cute. Not to mention it's very inexpensive.
  #38   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 05:30
LC Bridezilla

I'm looking forward to going there but I seem to have a problem with the name of the store! I am 38 and like to dress trendy (not slinky, just trendy). Has anyone seen older women like me in there NOT buying clothes for their kids?
  #39   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 17:42

BF:

Forever 21 is just like the sign, clothng geared to 18-30. Still love to shop there. I see older women that have the body shop there. A word of warning. The clothing there are very revealing. In short, you have to have a tight body to wear the clothing well. The tops are designed to be very tight, so you should size up if you have not been working out. I have a bikini that is more conservative then the low-riders at Forever 21. Very inexpensive. Very few sizes over a 10 (or at least I have never seen. Ssofian: You will lose the weight and I know you will be shopping there.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 17:48
LC Bridezilla

It sounds exactly like XTC in the Ledgewood Mall. I definitely agree about the low riders. The Angel brand that is sold there is so low I have to make sure I shave! (sorry for being so graphic, just trying to make a comparison).

Thank God Atkins took away my belly cuz I love those jeans. And yes, Ssofian, you WILL be there shopping one day!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 19:38

BF:

I was just up at Forever 21 at my mall. Picked up several short shorts. I decided not to get any of the skrts. There were about the size of the shorts! Krissyi....have you checked out Forever 21 yet!
  #42   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 11:07
LC Bridezilla

Have not been there yet...we were supposed to go down the shore for Memorial Day weekend, but the weather is crappy so we're doing things closer to home.

As soon as the weather breaks, I'll be down there and I'll check it out. And I know what you mean about skirts...short shorts I can handle, but skirts that show what I had for breakfast when I bend over?...no way!!!
  #43   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 17:27

BF:

The funny part about the skirt....I did not know what it was! I thought it was a pair of shorts at first, then I decided it was a tube top. Then I took to the dressing room (more for curiosity) and then to my horror, found out it was a skirt! That must be the latest in style for young girls....I saw a whole bunch of girls trying on and buying them. I ended up at the Gap. I got those low rise white stretch jeans. They are one I saw advertized on TV by that singer Joss Stone.
  #44   ^
Old Sun, May-29-05, 18:10

Plan: Nourishingtrad.& Pilates!
Stats: 190/140/140 Female 5'10
BF:14/size2/size2

Congrats on being able to pull out your size 0 skirt and have it fit! That must have felt amazing!

Before my children were born, I wore a size zero in designer clothing. Back then, though forget the gap old navy, etc. There was nothing in there that was small enough! When I wanted casual clothing for the weekend I had to shop at this little french boutique that catered to Asian women. There I was (5'10) towering over everybody trying on the same clothes. Now after losing most of the weight (still working on the last few) I am back to a size 2 and am focusing on toning and developing lean, lengthened muscles. Pilates has been great for that. I have accepted that after having children my body is different and I m trying to focus on my muscle tone as opposed to strictly the weight and/or the size.