Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 19:16
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 336/297/140 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default The real human diet is a totally carnivorous one: The Support Thread

I don't know if or when TheBear will return, but I plan on following his advice and invite others who are interested in a totally carnivorous diet to join me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 19:29

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Rob,

Are there any general guidelines for the Carnivourous Diet? For example, what meats are restricted (liver?) and what if any supplements are acceptable and which are to be avoided?

Is drinking teas or coffee OK? I would think so as they contain no macro-nutrients and are just flavored water.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 19:42

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Dodger,
No supplements are NECESSARY! No meats are "restricted". Liver should be eaten 1-2 times a month only because it is higher in carb and has glycogen. Tea or coffee is ok in small amounts. Eat as much meat and eggs as you need to in order to be full, you do not need to go hungry on a meat diet. Cream, butter and good oils like macadamia, palm and coconut oil are allowed.
Those that might know more than me feel free to correct me if i am wrong, i am going by memory. I was in Bears thread from post 1 and i learned alot!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:04
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
Rob,

Are there any general guidelines for the Carnivourous Diet? For example, what meats are restricted (liver?) and what if any supplements are acceptable and which are to be avoided?

Is drinking teas or coffee OK? I would think so as they contain no macro-nutrients and are just flavored water.

I refer you to: The real human diet is a totally carnivorous one

I will share my plan with you: I try to keep my coffee intake to a minimum. I don't drink tea. IMO, supplements are a waste of time and money. Outside of some beefheart in soup, I don't eat any organ meats.

If you want to find out what Bear does, you ca do a search on all posts by theBear. This is simply a support thread for people who are following the carnivorous path.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:08

Plan: Anchell
Stats: 176/150/140 Female 64
BF:size 4 jeans
Progress: 72%

I've been following a carnivorous diet for a little over a month now. I let myself "get used to it" slowly. But in the past week i've been following it without any veggies, fruit etc, and feel the best i've ever had!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:10
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

We're baaaaaack!!!

Last edited by PaleoDeano : Mon, Apr-10-06 at 21:22.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:12
OOOOOOOOOH YEAH!

Plan: High Fat/IF
Stats: 215/170/160 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:27%/12%/8%
Progress: 82%

Great idea, Rob!

Looking forward to seeing input from you guys and the Man, the Bear.

How are your things going (Weight loss, cravings, etc)?

I have to admit that I followed the Carnivore thread with great interest, and that, like many others, I will never look the same at vegetables...
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:14
OOOOOOOOOH YEAH!

Plan: High Fat/IF
Stats: 215/170/160 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:27%/12%/8%
Progress: 82%

Oops, sorry for the double post, browser problems...
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:26
Registered Member

Rob!

Thanks so much for starting this thread!

I was beginning to think I was the only one in the world who enjoyed the taste of a really rare steak!

I have been eating this way for a few weeks now, down to VERY low carbs now. I feel really great!

I take no supplements, and eat liver only occasionally. I eat it raw, since I know the source. It's bison liver.

I eat a LOT of raw eggs every morning... just the yolks.

Great thread!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:33
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleoDeano
Rob!

I was beginning to think I was the only one in the world who enjoyed the taste of a really rare steak!

I have been eating this way for a few weeks now, down to VERY low carbs now. I feel really great!

I take no supplements, and eat liver only occasionally. I eat it raw, since I know the source. It's bison liver.

Great thread!

I'm not quite ready to take the raw egg path yet

But boy do I love raw meat. Seriously. I love it when it's still even a little cool in the middle. I just have to get used to the occasional liver and deal with my fear of liver
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
Rob,

Hey, Mike,

I'm not Rob, but on a "carnivorous diet"... or an "antivegan diet" as I like to call it (some call it "Bear's Diet"... but, hey, what's in a name?)... one can eat any animal food they can get their hands on. Liver is OK, but must not be done to any excess... it's usually best if only done once every other week, but I'm sure once a week would not be bad. Liver has carbs (from the glycogen) so you have to be careful in consuming too much. It has lots of Vit A, so you don't want to get too much of that either. Eat it raw, or just slightly cooked.

Butter, cream, cheese, cream cheese... any animal fat is VERY important to consume. You don't have to consume any dairy, but, in that case, you would want to consume lots of animal fat from the body of animals. Rendering kidney suet is a wonderful way to get cooking fat. Tallow is the name for the rendered fat from cows, bison... herbivores. This stuff is excellent for cooking eggs (omelets and the like). It handles high heat and nothing sticks to the pan. It beats coconut oil hands down! And, compared to coconut oil, it's very cheap (usually free, in fact). You will get a lot of good animal fat in if you use this. Chicken skin is another good way to get fat... or turkey, duck, etc. skin.

The fat content in your diet should be around 70-80% of calories. This usually is about half/half by weight of muscle meat to fat.

So, Mike, how long have you been eating this way? Or have you not started yet? It is real easy after you get through the first few days. You're hunger will vanish and you won't be edgy with any food cravings. Your stomach/gut may have to remind you to eat, since your blood sugar will be incredibly steady on this WOE. Hunger is a non-issue (it's totally absent). Really strange feeling. A feeling most people have never had in their whole life. I never did before eating this way.

As far as coffee goes... keep it under 10oz a day, if you can. I am going to try and do without it for a while and see how it goes. With very little carbs in my diet, I am never groggy in the morning as I use to be... so don't really need it. It is nice to have something warm to drink in the morning though, so I am not too sure how easy it will be to give this up. Habits die hard, but they can be replaced with others, since humans are very much "creatures of habit".

Last edited by PaleoDeano : Tue, Apr-11-06 at 14:04.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:41

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default 3 or 4 weeks and counting...

I've been pretty much completely carnivorous for the past month or so by having assorted meats, eggs, and cheese. I do have liver a few times per week.

I prefer my steaks medium rare on the rare side. I feel great. I'm not sure why, but I could eat a fatty steak everyday and never tire of it. I don't miss veggies, at all. LOL

Only thing that I miss is chocolate.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:43
Registered Member

BF:

This is my 47th day of being veggie, starch and low-carb-product free I'm already seeing real positive results physically. So much for the "you lose it slower the more times you do it" hoopla.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 20:46

Plan: VLC
Stats: 240/145/150 Female 69 inches
BF: 21%, HT: 69"
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Rob!

Great thread!

Me too, Dean

I'm with Rob. I plan to follow this thread just as close as I did theBear's. Hopefully everyone will respond politely and PC so it doesn't get closed too. I don't think theBear will be back.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 21:02

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Quote:
So, Mike, how long have you been eating this way? Or have you not started yet? It is real easy after you get through the first few days. You're hunger will vanish and you won't be edgy with any food cravings. Your stomach/gut will remind you to eat, since your blood sugar will be incredibly steady on this WOE.
I eat 'mostly' carnivorous. I do have some berries for dessert after my evening meal. I eat nuts as a snack. I use onions in my omelets and I eat tomatoes when they are ripe in the garden. I will be eating asparagus when they appear later this spring.

Todays menu so far has been carnivorous, except for some nuts and the homemade BBQ sauce I had on the ribs.

The only liver that I can stand the taste of is chicken livers. I haven't had them for many years though.
Closed Thread