Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 08:49

Plan: sommersize
Stats: 260/217/145
BF:
Progress: 37%
Talking Stopping by

I have been lurking, and really like this forum. I wish it were more active, so the best way to do that is jump in and make it more active. A brief diet history: Started Somersizing at the end of 2001. Lost 40 pounds by late spring the next year. Maintained that loss through the fall and started to struggle. My sis sent me to WW for the support, stayed through December and decided to do Atkins to drop the ten pound I was up. On six weeks, off 3. On again, 2weeks later-off. You get it. Finally decided to get back to Sommersizing where I do the best the longest. Thanks for listening. There are so few SS boards that are this easy to navigate. Please introduce yourselves!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 23:47

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Hi Maggies!

I'm Lynn (the mama of a bird named Beeker-thuse the handle). I've been Somersizing since January, so just three months, and have lost 20 pounds. My DH just started on Easter and has already dropped 6 pounds (though he thinks that can't be true and the scale must be wonky)

I chose Suzanne's version of Low Carbing on the recommendation of a friend who has been following her plan successfull for years. I too prefer it to the other plans because it allows fruit and whole grain carbs, without which I would never go beyond what it took to lose weight and I know I'd just put it back on. I love the food, I love the way I feel and I'm having fun playing with all the great recipes, both in her books and online.

The community forums at www.suzannesomers.com are good, but for some reason I find I'm more comfortable with this group even though it's slower by far here. This forum is also much easier to use and it's really nice to have the personalization it allows.

I just started a journal and am hoping it will help me in the times to come when I have troubles or need support.

Welcome! I hope you have as much success the second time around as you did the first.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 18:30

Plan: sommersize
Stats: 260/217/145
BF:
Progress: 37%
Talking

Thanks Lynn,

Sounds like your whole house is into the swing of things! I look forward to reading your posts!