Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 12:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/175/147 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 0%
Lightbulb Is this another piece of the jigsaw!

A jigsaw that some of you have completed and kept in place. A jigsaw many others (me) struggle to put together and even if we do, somehow we eventually scatter it and can't find the pieces again!!
Something just dawned on me. This is it, this is how I have to eat for life if I don't want to put on weight. Even if I do get to goal or beyond I can never stop being aware, planning, measuring and calculating. I have said in the past, yes this way of eating needs to be long term, but I don't think I actually believed it. I see today that I will always have to balance one thing with another, consider what my activity has been and how that fits in with eating. It's still trial and error but I am gradually finding a plan that I can sustain without being beaten by carb cravings. It's those little ******* that get me every time. Just thought I would put it out there, it seems so trivial but actually it's massive. I think it's a step forward.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 21:07

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good observation, "I have said in the past, yes this way of eating needs to be long term, but I don't think I actually believed it."

Until one has gained a personal experience that changing what you eat makes a difference, words and knowledge can come pouring out of our brains to our mouths but it isn't very meaningful, it is dogma.

I've heard it said something like this by a wise person that might relate:

"Don't bend the truth to fit your beliefs, bend your beliefs to fit the truth."

My past experience indicates that my body does not agree well with over use/abuse of Grains, Potatoes and Sugars. Today, this appears to be a truth for me so I have changed the way I think (what I put in my head - nothing at times ) and act (what I put in my mouth - nothing at times) to fit Today's Truth.

Tomorrow may be different tho; Believe this or not, The Truth Changes Too - at least that's what I believe today

Be Well!

Last edited by thud123 : Sun, Jun-11-17 at 21:15.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 00:28

BF:

Thud said
Quote:
Until one has gained a personal experience that changing what you eat makes a difference
and also
"My past experience indicates that my body does not agree well with over use/abuse of Grains, Potatoes and Sugars"

"Tomorrow may be different tho; Believe this or not, The Truth Changes Too"

I do believe it Thud, it's the realisation that it's true for us at that particular time that gives the conviction.

Last edited by esw : Mon, Jun-12-17 at 00:37.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 05:00

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by esw
...it's the realisation that it's true for us at that particular time that gives the conviction.

More interesting stuff from you, thank you! I will only comment that for me it has little to do with conviction, only simple acceptance. Conviction moves my mind toward attachment, grasping, fighting and struggle, but hey, what ever puts wind in your sail
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 06:09

BF:

Agreed. Acceptance is a better word and is actually where I am coming from both in eating and thinking in general!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 07:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 243/220/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Thank you for this post, it has great meaning and its like you are all answering the questions that are in my mind but have not put to words.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 09:01

BF:

So glad you feel it has helped DaisyDream. It was a bit of a lightbulb moment yesterday when it finally sunk it, or I accepted it Interesting interaction with Thud regarding the subject and that helps to clarify it even more.
I have to acknowledge and accept this is how it's going to be and I do. I might mess up big time but I will no longer be kidding myself I can get away with it. Rather like doing the accounts the income and expenditure have to balance. I will just put a little in here because it's really isn't a sacrifice balancing the books. There are a lot worse things people have to contend with.
Hope the forum helps you move forward DaisyDream, keep looking in and posting!